Trnava Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Raimix
  • Restaurants
    by Raimix
    this is the food we ate :)
    by Matthijs85

Most Recent Restaurants in Trnava

• Raimix's Profile Photo

Pivaren a Pizza Krym: Dark beer!

by Raimix Updated Oct 16, 2013

After a big kebab in fast food kiosk and needed something to drink, and, of course, as I was in beer lovers country, I wanted also to try any different pint of beer. I have found so called "Europe passage" and in the main central Hlavna street. Europe passage was housing a bar, where I took one Sessler ;)

Place was cozy, I liked the service also.

• Pizza Kitty: Most places are good!

by EvilMunchkin10 Written Aug 14, 2010

Pizza Kitty has a great menu, with salads and pizza and more. It seems to be a very popular place with always a crowd, so sometimes service can be a bit slow. But they have a menu with Slovak, English and German, and are fairly accommodating.

Another one that I don't know the name of is just off the main square. If you continue North (I think) past the town tower, and take the first street to your right, follow this down and there is a little restaurant on your left, with a sign with a castle or something hand drawn on it. The entrance is fairly plain - there is a beer sign lit up at night. But when you walk in it is a very cozy little restaurant, with an outside and inside area. We were the only patrons so food was fast. There was only a Slovak menu but by this stage I know some basic words to at least know what is chicken etc. A couple of local items on the menu. Both our meals were good. I'd recommend this one if you want somewhere quiet and relaxing, or romantic ;-). Was open until 2200 on the Friday night we went. It was also cheap (as most places are here) - we had two beers, two schnapps and two meals for just over 13 euro.

• Matthijs85's Profile Photo

Forgot the name: Mexican / Steak restaurant

by Matthijs85 Written Sep 20, 2006
    this is the food we ate :)

There is a Mexican restaurant in the old center of Trnava. I forgot the name, and I don't have the address, but it's easy to find, it's near the main square. It's got nice food, and it isn't too expensive (about 100-300SK for a meal). Nice food for a nice price :)

Favorite Dish: I had three sorts of meat on tortilla's and my girflriend vegetarian quasedillas. The portions weren't very big, but it was enough, and it tasted delicious

Cafe in Train Station

by barryg23 Updated Sep 10, 2006
    Trnava Station

We had left our hotel without getting any breakfast and went straight to the train station to catch a train to Bratislava. There wasn't much open in Trnava at this time but we found a cafe at the station, run by a very friendly Slovak lady. We had missed the 9.10 train by a couple of minutes so we had lots of time to spare. The cafe is upstairs in the station, near the ticket booths. We had coffee and baguettes and if you've never tried a ham, cheese and sauerkraut roll for breakfast, you're really missing out!

Pizzeria on the Main Square

by barryg23 Written Sep 9, 2006
    View from our seat

We had dinner at a restaurnat on the main square. I don't remember its name though there was a large Staropramen sign outside. Staropramen was on the drinks menu but when our waiter brought the drink it had strangely become a Stella Artois. "Nie Staropramen", he explained. So I'd had a Pilsner in Cafe Pastis which tasted like Fosters and now a Stella for a Starompramen. What was it about Trnava?

We both had pizzas for dinner and they were delicious. We also had a great seat, with an excellent view of the Municipal Tower and the main square.

Cukraren Aida: Conditionery with magic name

by Skipka Written Mar 8, 2004
    aida

Well, this conditionery is right next to the Town Hall so when you make enough pictures of this site then you should enjoy all kinds of desserts here. Natives often go here so it means there are delicious cakes and cookies, local desserts etc :)

Favorite Dish: definitely laskonka and veternik, two typical Slovak desserts

U Orlika: Great Pancakes

by Skipka Updated Mar 8, 2004

This restaurant is a bit my fave place when in Trnava because it is quite place with good music and pancakes. Anyway, whatever you will take from the menu is fine .. or I had luck, don't know... Disadvantage is that sometimes there are slowly waiters but it is OK because you can visit the internet studio in next door.

Well forget this all it is already a history :) I realised that the fresh news is there is a vegetarian restaurant nowadays.

Green House: Restaurant in Green house

by Skipka Written Mar 8, 2004

dog of my friend, rest in background

In this restaurant you can enjoy meals made of almost any kind of meat and of course the local Slovak dishes. Cosy atmosphere and nice view on Trinity Square is really a plus. In the summer you can enjoy sitting outside right on the Square.

Cukraren: Confectionery

by Skipka Written May 29, 2003

This confectionery is right in front of you when you leave railway station. It is small shop maybe unattractive from outside but sweets and cakes... you will love them :) It is too small so a little bit crowdy but they make excellent coffee and cakes.

Favorite Dish: If you are there you must try these sweets:
    LASKONKA - it is a sweet made of egg whites mixed with chopped wallnuts dried in the oven and two pieces are stick together with cream fill made of caramel and wallnuts plus butter.
    VETERNIK - very tasty sweet also sticked together thanks fill but the dough is baked and the above one is poured by chocolate. Fill is made of caramel and butter and pudding (the jelly pudding not that English typical one LOL)
    and then all sorts of cookies :))) especially those where are wallnuts...

• Skipka's Profile Photo

There is excellent Mexican...

by Skipka Written Aug 26, 2002

There is excellent Mexican restaurant, then Italian restaurant called Marco at the end of the Main street, then Orlik that is near the railway station. At the Main square in the center is nice cafe called Shakespeare. If you want to try something more common on the Main street is a place called Ludova jedalen where you can try all common dishes in Slovakia.
    There are nice places with beautiful interior and nice views. Trnava doesn't live so hectic life as Bratislava so it is nice place.

Favorite Dish: definitely try Italian sticks made of pizza dough (palicky) with garlic dressing. The best in the world ;)

Cafe Pepe

by barryg23 Updated Sep 9, 2006
    Cafe Pepe

We stopped at Cafe Pepe to take a break from exploring the town. It was very relaxing to sit here playing cards and enjoy drinks.

Shakespeare cafe: Shakespeare Cafe

by Skipka Written Jul 7, 2003

This cafe is situated right on the Trojicne Square in the city center so you are in the centre of everything ..

Favorite Dish: coffee around 23 Sk, with milk 27, great cakes

• KiNyA's Profile Photo

Penguin - Steak&grill Restaurant: Penguin

by KiNyA Written Mar 29, 2003

(the building)

Favorite Dish: Domaca mnisa Sk 159.- -- you must try it! It's thebest food I ever had. Unfortunately I had it on the day of departure :-(

• AleksanderA's Profile Photo

PODRASCO: PODRASCO

by AleksanderA Updated Aug 26, 2002

Everything from pizza to traditional Slovakian food.

Favorite Dish: TATRANSKA POCHĂș?KA or something like that :)
    It's a kind of potato pancke filled with meet, mushrooms and vegetables. Little spicy.

• AleksanderA's Profile Photo

MEXICO RESAURANT: MEXICO RESAURANT

by AleksanderA Written Aug 26, 2002

Live music during weekend.

Favorite Dish: Everything is tasteful!
    If you like MEXICAN food go there every day :)
    nad try everything!

Instant Answers: Trnava

Comments

Trnava Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Trnava restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Trnava sightseeing.