Trnava Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Trnava

• Raimix's Profile Photo

Bus Bratislava - Trnava

by Raimix Updated Oct 16, 2013

It was very easy to make a trip to Trnava from capital Bratislava. I haven't checked any schedule before, just went to main bus station, that was not far from my hotel. Buses go probably every half an hour. Price was not so big, affordable, I needed to buy ticket from bus driver.

It was less than hour to come to Trnava. By the way, I haven't used bus back to Trnava, but took a train to Trencin, and later came back to Bratislava also by train.

• Walk!

by EvilMunchkin10 Written Aug 14, 2010

Trnava is easy to walk around and explore. It's hard to get lost as you can use the many churches as land marks. If you don't walk you miss a lot of photo opportunities and new experiences. Obviously though, be sensible about it. Don't put yourself into silly situations. At night try and walk with someone you trust. You will most likely be approached by beggars at any time, day or night. Apart from this, Trnava seems to be very safe to walk around, even at night - but it never hurts to be careful :)

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Tranva by Train

by barryg23 Updated Sep 10, 2006

Trnava train station

Trnava is about 35 or 40 kilometres east of Bratislava and there are regular trains connecting them.

We arrived in Trnava from Levoca (via Spisska Nova Ves) in East Slovakia, a journey which took about 4.5 hours, which cost 420 SKK (about 13 Euro). For anyone doing the same journey, Trencin might make a good place to break the journey. We didn't stop as we had so many bags and also it was getting late in the day and we wanted to see Trnava. We did briefly see the famous castle in Trencin as the train went past, it looked really good. We also saw another imporessive looking castle about 10 minutes before we arrived in Zilina. I've no idea which one it was or what town we were in so if anyone knows what it might be I'd be grateful to learn.

The journey from Tranva onto Bratislava takes about 45 minutes. I don't remember the exact fares for this journey but they were very good value, not more than a couple of Euro and the trains are very frequent. On both these journeys the trains were the old fashioned type with numerous compartments for 6 or 8 people per carriage. You don't get this in Britain any more but I always enjoy travelling on them.

Tranva's train station is south-west of the town, outside the town walls. It's about 5 or 10 minutes walk into the centre. It's a small place and you can see everything worth seeing on foot.

• Skipka's Profile Photo

From Bratislava by bus, by...

by Skipka Written Aug 26, 2002

From Bratislava by bus, by train (the price for ticket is around 130 Sk there and back I mean :)). It takes around 30 minutes by speed train. Don't go by slow one it is very tiring trip. ;) Speed trains leave every two hours starting early in the morning but the best choice is around 7.50 am :) and then just count two hours .. For those who cannot speak Slovak you need to tell at railway station : Prosim si spiatocny listok rychlikom do Trnavy. :)) Have fun!
    By car you can go some locak roads (useful way to see Smolenice (on the picture), Modra, Budmerice and some other nice small towns on the way) or use highway (you must pay for that).

Instant Answers: Trnava

Comments

Trnava Transportation

Reviews and photos of Trnava transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Trnava sightseeing.