Vysoke Tatry Restaurants

Taverna
    by KiNyA

Most Recent Restaurants in Vysoke Tatry

• evaanna's Profile Photo

Now only a shop, but with excellent beer!

by evaanna Updated Feb 15, 2009

View from the shop, Javorina

This place used to serve hot meals, not a wide choice but it was something in the area where there is no other restaurant nearby. The next restaurant is in Zdiar, so we had to go there to have our dinner. What you can get there now is beer and other kinds of alcohol, an ice cream, and some other foodstuffs so it has become more like a shop. But it's a great place to have a beer or two before you leave for Poland where it is much more expensive. And stock up your bar there, too.
    Update: When we were there this year, we noticed a new restaurant opposite this shop, but it was closed so I cannot say anything about it.

Favorite Dish: Nothing, sorry. But my husband says there is no beer like Slovak beer. And I like sitting there with him outside, watching the hikers and soaking up the peace of the place (unless a drunk or two disturb it). It used to be the centre of village life but no more.

• Beer Tasting

• nina_z's Profile Photo

Slnečný dom: Slovak specialities and good fish

by nina_z Written Aug 9, 2006

They serve traditional Slovak cuisine, such as sourkrat soup (kapustinca) or small dumplings with sheep cheese (halušky) but also do other melas and excellent trout.

Favorite Dish: Tatransky pstruh (trou a la Tatry) or trout with almonds

• zizkov's Profile Photo

Pizzeria: Pizza in the mountains

by zizkov Written Jun 29, 2005

The name escapes me currently, but I am fairly sure it is the only pizzeria in Stary Smokovec. Just off the main street behind a bar and next to the pool hall.

It looks nothing from the outside (a very plain wooden door. like an office door) and when I opened the door there was a long corridor filled with wood. I almost just turned back, actually, but was glad I didn't, as once inside, it was great! The wood turned out to be for a genuine wood-fired pizza oven, and the quality was much better than I would have expected in such an out-of-the-way location. I went back twice, having proper well-made pizzas each time, and of course fantastic vale as the pizzas worked out about £2 sterling. Drinks similarly cheap.

The seating is big alpine style tables and benches with most of them upstairs in a gallery, where you can see down the kitchen/bar area. The second night I had to share a table, and it turned out the other diners had driven from Cardiff (Wales) - the long way round for one, who was a Czech/Australian dual national.

• KiNyA's Profile Photo

Taverna: Stary Smokovec's best

by KiNyA Written Jan 31, 2003

Taverna

Really good food.... I loved all: the food, the drink (Zlaty Bazant, no doubt), the service and the location. NIce dining place....

• KiNyA's Profile Photo

Hotel Sipox: Our permanent dinner-place

by KiNyA Written Dec 6, 2002

It's a place where we were dining every evening. Great service, with fantastic dishes. You have to try spagetti (all kind of!). And they serve the best Slovak beer, Zlaty Bazant.

Instant Answers: Vysoke Tatry

Comments

Vysoke Tatry Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Vysoke Tatry restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Vysoke Tatry sightseeing.