Zuberec Restaurants

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Penzion Timea: Our roasted pig

by matcrazy1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

PIG  ON  A  GRILL

We ate breakfasts, lunches and diners in our pension - Penzion Timea. Food was served in a dining room which could room half of us at once. Although local, home-made dishes were cheap and simple no-one complained as they were very good. Additionaly we bought beer in a local grocery and... drank it there.

Favorite Dish: The best was small, roasted pig specially prepared for us by Tomas (owner of the pension): first in an oven, then on a grill. Tomas as you can see on my picture poured Slovak beer over the pig to make the meat more delicious.
    You must order the pig (or a lamb) in advance. Call them and ask about the prize. As I remember it was cheap (hmm... the pig was too small for... 40 guys hehe).

• Beer Tasting

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Penzion Timea: Zlaty Bazant beer was the best!

by matcrazy1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

ZLATY  BAZANT  BEER

They didn't serve us beer in Penzion Timea. We bought a lot of beer (for 40 guys :-) ourselves in advance.
    The following beer ("pivo" in Slovak) brands were available:
    - Zlaty Bazant (9 or harder 12) - the best Slovak beer in my opinion,
    - Urpin - a little worse and... more expensive,
    - Saris - not my favourite,
    - Tatran - numbered brands 10, 11, 12, 16 (larger number means more alcohol) - sometimes tasted delitious, sometimes hmm... not fresh or not well stored probably,
    - Corgon - not my favourite,
    - Martiner Pils - quite good beer,
    - Topvar - a few brands numbered from 7.5 to 12, sometimes very good, sometimes... not.

Favorite Dish: Don't miss delicious although cheap Slovak beer, if you drink beer of course. We bought and drank mainly Zlaty Bazant (Golden Pheasant) beer because it was the best Slovak beer in our opinion. That beer tasted good in my opinion although nothing compare to Polish Tyskie and Zywiec hehe.
    One bottle (0,5 l = 16,91 oz) of Zlaty Bazant 12 (there was 9, softer beer as well) costed 16 Sk = $0.44 = 0.37 euro = 1.69 zl.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Zuberec

Comments

Zuberec Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Zuberec restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Zuberec sightseeing.