Dovje Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Dovje

• jmarkoos's Profile Photo

Slow food in Villa Roza

by jmarkoos Updated Apr 4, 2011

Restaurant Villa Roza is situated along the main road between Dovje and Kranjska Gora, on the sunny side of Karavanke mountain range. They offer: game specialities, fish specialities, international cuisine.We can even offer you 4 comfortable rooms equiped with bathroom, cable – TV and balcony. In front of the restaurant you can relax in the garden. Parking places guaranteed.

Favorite Dish: game specialities and fish specialities,

• jmarkoos's Profile Photo

Restaurant Vila Roza -...

by jmarkoos Updated Apr 4, 2011

• BerniShand's Profile Photo

VILLA ROSA: GREAT FOOD

by BerniShand Written Sep 23, 2005

It was very dark and getting late as we approached Dovje, and we were very hungry, our beautiful guide had steered us safely out of Italy [eventually] through breathtaking scenery [with lots of photograph stops] and up and down a mountain [without getting lost in the mist]
    a phone call to Marko gave us directions to Villa Rosa, where he would meet us so that we could follow him to Apartments Triglav where we would spend the night, just in case we should get lost [again]

Villa Rosa was bright, warm and welcoming, and the food was first class, though anything tastes good in great company such as we had

Favorite Dish: it was mushroom season in Slovenia, so we started with the most wonderful soup made with local mushrooms, then I had a steak with peppercorn sauce, it was cooked to perfection

• Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park

Villa Roza: Villa Roza

by sandysmith Updated Jul 18, 2003

Villa Roza

Villa Roza in Dovje - extensive menu with special nights offering 'slow food,' where course upon course is brought out for tasting. Wonderful food here, including a salad bar. Wwe ate here most nights - we were never disappointed. Marko has special deal for guests staying at his apartments to eat here = a wonderful 3 course dinner of excellent cusine for just 6 euros - absolutely incredible but true.

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

"POTOKAR": THE HORSE-WHISPERER ??

by eden_teuling Written Jul 11, 2003

SWEET YOUNG HORSE WITH MOTHER AND

Staying in Dovje at Marko's place where the appartment had a kitchen, we loved going to GOSTILNA "POTOKAR" for a great PIZZA e.d..

It's only a few 100 meters from Marko's place, just down the road.....

We could sit there inside or at the cosy little terrace behind the house.

The service is excellent, quick and everything you get is freshfresh fresh....

Favorite Dish: Ordering a coffee you often have to make it clear what sort of coffee you want because often it is Turkish coffee.

Not a coffee drinker myself I can imagine that not everybody loves Turkish coffee which is served with the grounded coffee at the bottom ot the glass / cup!

Our friend POTOKAR also breeds horses and is a real horseman.
    One day he came to Marko's place to show us all his horse with colt.....so sweet......and how it frolicked about: a real joy to see...I had never seen a baby-horse so close that I could touch it....
    Mother kept an eye on it!

Mr. Lucka Sustersic

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

PSNAK: IN FOR A WONDERFUL MEAL AT TANJA'S PLACE??

by eden_teuling Written Jun 30, 2003

SPECIAL BEEHIVES

Tanja again......and here I shall tell you more about her and her place..

THE NAME OF THEIR GOSTLINA is PSNAK

It is also a guesthouse, they rent APARTMAJI and the place is a source of tranquility in a pocket of lovely green....

The is an excellant cook and once the dessert was a plate filled with the finest cookies, still a bit hot, right from the oven.

Cookies with cinnamon, dried fruits, nuts, chocolate etc., and with a cup of tea that was such a nice desert that the plate was empty before we noticed it......

Favorite Dish: Here in the photo you see Tania again.

She took me with her too the beehives to explain something to me and to show it at the same time.
    Her English is fine and my Slovene is so bad and that is already said enough about my knowledge of her language, which seems to be quite difficult.

They have 2 plurals: one form for 2 people and one form for more than 2 people, isn't that funny??

On the lowest level you can see how the beehives have been painted and she explained that it was the history of 3 generations of her family, since they came to this place.

It was wonderfully done: great Naive Art painter, so a talented person.

When we shall be there again the little booklet with all the paintings in it and with an explanation will be ready for me.

I could have a look at one printer's proof and that looked promising!!

We saw these painted bee hives several times during our tour!
    Never before had I seen this phenomenon!

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Gostilna "Psnak": Gostilna "Psnak"

by Martin_S. Updated Dec 13, 2002

Psnak Restaurant, Slovenia

Great local food, and home cooked. Out friend Marko took us and our friends Patrick and Lea here for our last dinner before we had to leave. Aside from the atmosphere we provided ourselves with our friends, Psnak is a small rural restaurant run by a man and his wife, everything is fresh, fresh, fresh, and did I mention good....

Favorite Dish: All the dishes we tried were excellent.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Gostlina: The local pizzeria...

by sandysmith Written Sep 28, 2002

Gostlina: The local pizzeria in Dovje.
    Vey popular with the village locals so you get a real feel for local life here.

Favorite Dish: Pizza of course - I had the seafood one with a house salad. Now I like my food (a lot ;-) ) but there was no way I could finish my meal here - mammoth portions and very cheap.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Rosa's: Rosa's, Marko's favorite

by Martin_S. Written Oct 17, 2003

VT dinner at Rosa's, Dovje, Slovenia  7-2003

Marko and Barbara decided that Rosa's would be a good place to have our small VT dinner.
    You can see Tal, Svetka, Marko, Barbara and Martin (yes me) in the pic that Zohara took.

Villa Roza: Villa Roza

by sandysmith Updated Jul 18, 2003

Villa Roza

The staff were so friendly and made us so welcome at Villa Roza - they invited us to join them for a farewell drink before we left. Really lovely people and they treat Marko like family.

Instant Answers: Dovje

Comments

Dovje Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Dovje restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dovje sightseeing.