Koseze Travel Guide

• Cerkev Božje Matere Marije & Sv. Odresenik
    Cerkev Božje Matere Marije & Sv....
    Pot Spominov in Tovaristva
    Old & new church

Koseze Things to Do

• Enzyme_X's Profile Photo

by Enzyme_X Updated Feb 5, 2006

After the World War 2, the number of people in Koseze increased and the old church of Holly Marheta became too small. In that time this church was a part of a rectory of Sentvid. In 1961 new rectory of Koseze was established and the church was renamed into Sv. Odresenik (Holly Saviour). To meet the increasing number of worshippers, plans for new church started and in 1974 the church of Holly Mother Marija was consecrated. This is the first church built in Ljubljana after WW2. It is a work of architect Anton Bitenc. Although it's just a concrete block, it looks nice. Specially in warmer months, when it's coverd in green. Inside you can admire a big vitrage made by Stane Kregar and wooden relief Of The Stations of the Cross made by Ignacija Ribiča.

I've acctaully never managed to go inside the church yet (only to the doorway), although I live just behind it. If I exaggerate a bit - if I'd jump from my balcony, I'd fall directly into the church :-). But I feel some sort of connection to it. In all the short nights I spent studying, every 15 min the ringing of the church bells was my orientation, if I'm behind or ahead of plan.

Old & new church
    • Religious Travel

Koseze Transportation

• Enzyme_X's Profile Photo

by Enzyme_X Updated Jan 19, 2006

Koseze are just 3km north-west from the center of Ljubljana, a good 30 min walk. As alternative you can take a bus. There are 3 lines that pass Koseze. No.5 (direction Podutik), No.7 (direction Przan) and No.22 (direction Kamna Gorica). Just make sure to get off the bus on time. Best to ask the driver to tell you which bus-stop is the right one. An orientation: Koseze are just inside the highway ring around Ljubljana, so when you cross it, you are too far :-)

Instant Answers: Koseze

Comments

Koseze Travel Guide
Map of Koseze