African restaurant - Arcana, Ljubljana

Kranjceva 26 +386 (01) 565 55 30

• Enzyme_X's Profile Photo

Arcana: African dishes

by Enzyme_X Updated Apr 4, 2011

With couple of friend we decided to try something more exoctic. I suggested this african restaurant. The owner traveled a lot across Africa and then opened this restaurant. There are few dishes always on the menu, dishes made with ingredients that can be bought in Slovenia easily (like ostrich - there are several farms in Slovenia).
    Then there are dishes which are served when they have ingredientes. When we were there, they were offering several dishes with zebra or crocodile meat (some others I don't remember). Unfortunately, we found too late the paper where this meals were listed and we chose only from regular menu.

Favorite Dish: I had banana soup and ostrich steak in tanzanian sauce. The soup was a bit strange, tasting more like a milk with bananas, but that's the way it has to be. You like it or not. Can' say it was bad. While steak was very good. And the sauce very spicy. Couscous goes well with it, as it reduces the spicieness. I generally like spicy food, but that was strong even for me. But the owner explained that the original tanzanian sauce is even 10 times more spicy than this one. He could't swollow the original one.

Instant Answers: Ljubljana