Joe Penas Cantina y Bar, Ljubljana

by Willettsworld
    Huge salads
    by leics
  • Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Joe Penas Cantina y Bar: Great salads!

by Willettsworld Written Aug 17, 2006

This Mexican restaurant is located near the Opera house and is probably the nearest place to eat if you're visiting the area where all the museums are located. I had the turkey salad, which even though it cost 1800 SIT, it was the best salad I've ever had and was huge (check out the photo!). I liked it so much that I visited the second time just before I flew back home and had it again! They also do the usual Mexican dishes such as Fajitas, tortillas, steaks etc so check out their menu on their website below.

Open:
    Monday – Thursday: 10.00-01.00
    Friday, Saturday: 10.00-02.00
    Sundays, public holidays: 12.00-24.00

• leics's Profile Photo

Joe Penas Cantina y Bar: Slovenian Mexican: good salads.

by leics Written Aug 20, 2007

Huge salads

Very pleasant place, tables outside as well as inside, friendly courteous staff, good selection of salads as well as other Mexican food.

Portions are huge (as always in Slovenia).

Amusing pun (in English) on the bottom of the receipt: 'Support wildlife. Throw a party.'

• antistar's Profile Photo

Jo Peñás: Great Mexican Food

by antistar Updated Dec 19, 2005

We came here by accident when the nearby opera cafe was too clogged with smoke fumes, and it proved a real stroke of fortune. Like everywhere I seemed to eat in Ljubljana's city centre, whether guided by advice or blind luck, the food was some of the best I'd eaten anywhere. Tempted by the steaming plates of hot Fajitas on the tables of the ravenous locals, we dropped the idea of a simple coffee and filled our plates with piles of beans, rice, salsa, chicken and whatever else the waiters could throw at us. The price was really good value, the service really friendly, and as usual we could pay in Euros (and as usual the waiter was fair with the exchange rate). Highly recommended.

This is the only Mexican restaurant in the city centre, and it is open Monday to Thursday, 4pm to 12am, and Fri and Sat, 4pm to 1am.

Instant Answers: Ljubljana

Comments

Hotels Near Joe Penas Cantina y Bar
3.5 out of 5 stars