Places to eat in Ljubljana

Valentina's main course

Most Viewed Restaurants in Ljubljana

Vozi miško: Business Lunch

by gordonilla Written Jul 5, 2014

The name is from a film, Vozi miško, "Keep Driving" - the service is good and the food was excellent too. Located in a shopping mall, it seemed to have a busy level of service - offering business lunches and food throughout the day.

Favorite Dish: try the escallops!

Exterior Salad Lunch Signage

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Zvezda: After dinner cake and coffee

by gordonilla Written Jul 5, 2014

After dinner at "Most" my colleagues and I went for a scenic walk. We arrived at Zvezda Park and the café - we had coffee and cake. It was warm even if it was 22:30 and the square was busy and had a buzz to it.

Favorite Dish: delicious cakes!

Dessert

Most: Alfresco dining with colleagues

by gordonilla Written Jul 5, 2014

The Most means "bridge", so as a name it seems quite appropriate since it is right next to the Butchers Bridge.

Two colleagues, Valentina and Miha, and I decided to eat alfresco, and had a very pleasant evening eating outdoors. It was busy as the restaurant is one of many running along the banks of the river. The eatery next door also had a large television which was showing World Cup Football - France v Nigeria - it was fair to say the audience seemed to be French supporters.

The service was good and they have menus in various languages. The food was good too.

Favorite Dish: I had chicken with truffle shavings and a mixed salad - quite pleasant. It was my first experience of truffles and I found the smell interesting, but they did seem to have very little or light taste.

Exterior My Starter Miha's main course Valentina's main course My main course (even with truffles)

• antistar's Profile Photo

Maxi Cafe: Hot Chocolate and Cake

by antistar Updated Jan 19, 2014

On the ground floor of the vast Maximarket shopping center is a nice up-market eatery with fine cakes and superb hot chocolate. It's so thick you can stand your teaspoon up in it; a more literal hot chocolate than most interpretations. This combined with the sumptuous cake was a little excessive, but a perfect antidote to a day's walking in sub-zero temperatures.

Super Thick Hot Chocolate at the Maxi

• solopes's Profile Photo

Lunch Cafe: "Marley & Me"

by solopes Updated Dec 28, 2013

A small restaurant in the eastern side of the river displaying two names "Lunch Cafe" and "Marley & Me" was the place for a lunch where boat ate shrimps. I had tagliatelle and Fernanda a salad. They were both good, at regular price, and the drinks cheaper than the usual in Ljubljana. Not bad!

• solopes's Profile Photo

Live Music: POMF

by solopes Updated Dec 28, 2013

Asking in the tourist office for a place with folklore, they told us that only in the weekends that would be possible, but suggested a small restaurant in the edge of the central area, where it was usual to have live music.

We went there, I ate a good local meal (Fernanda was feeling sick and had only a tea), and listened to a few famous melodies of the region, played by two senior men in the street.

It was a good moment, with a good meal, at popular prices.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ljubljana Ljubljana
    • Wine Tasting

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

Harambasa: The Great cevapcici

by Avieira67 Updated Jul 10, 2013

This restaurant was introduced to me by a Bosnian guy who lives in Ljubljana.
    Here you feel the Bosnian culture through its typical music and some pictures decorating the walls inide the building.
    In my opinion, this restaurant has a good decoration and offers a very comfortable service.
    I visited again this bar in April 2009. I found kind people, but service wasn't as good as I have found before.

Favorite Dish: Certainly, my favorite dish is cevapcici. They prepare it very well!

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

Restaurant Da Bu Ba: Delicious Thai Food

by Avieira67 Updated Jul 3, 2013

This restaurant was presented to me by a Slovenian friend, with whom I have a dinner here.
    I liked very much the ambience, service and the food. It is, definitively, among the best Thai restaurant I have ever eaten.

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Operna Klet: Seafood to die for

by oriettaIT Updated Mar 26, 2013

Our last night in Ljubljana we wanted a nice fish dinner and I remembered I saw a place so we went there. Operna Klet have a simple outdoor dining area with tables with benches, candles and little light. The indoor dining room is more formal but we liked to enjoy the warm evening.
    The menu has a good selection of fish, we ordered marinated sardines and a fish soup as appetizers and then fried calamari and grilled calamari dalmatian style. The two plates came with a wonderful dip sauce made of minced fresh herbs, I believe mint and basil, with oil and garlic. It was delicious and when we were finished with the fish we could not resist to dip the bread in the sauce until it was disappeared.
    We even got to meet the cook that at the time was a woman, I wish she is still working there as she was really great.
    With two salads, a liter of home white wine and water the meal cost us 40 euros for two people in 2009.

fried calamari and cocumber salad Grilled calamari and potatoes salad their menu

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Tozd cafe: cool cafe

by littlebush Written Jan 6, 2013

This little cafe located on the castle side of the river right on the river is a 5min walk from triple bridge between the bell rooms apartment and triple bridge

Its a funky little place selling snacks and sandwiches and coffees, teas etc but has a very relaxed vibe with ambient music.
    we stopped in here new years day for tea, coffee and brownie and cake.
    Friendly staff.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Thai Inn Pub

by HORSCHECK Updated Sep 15, 2012

On our last evening of our late summer trip 2012 we chose the Thai Inn Pub for dinner. The restaurant has a lovely outdoor terrace in a small park, where we took a seat and enjoyed the evening.

The interior is simply furnished with wooden tables and chairs. An auto rickshaw (tuk tuk) can be found near the main entrance.

We asked our friendly waiter, for an English menu, which was available quite quickly. It is limited to a variety of Thai dishes which can be combined with different sorts of meat.

I opted for Khad Pad (fried rice with vegetables and egg) and ordered it with beef (6,90 Euro). To drink I had a local Union Radler beer (2,20 Euro). My dish was very yummy and relatively inexpensive.

Thai Inn Pub: Khad Pad Thai Inn Pub: Union Radler
    • Trains

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Gostlina Sokal: Slovenian Cuisine in the center

by painterdave Written Jun 8, 2012

Slovenian Specialties like Goulash of wild game, Mushroom soup served in a bread bowl, veal stew are all worth trying.
    What is fun about this restaurant is that its decoration is kind of what you would expect of old Slovenia.
    It is located very close to the center of the city, and so after the market and the castle, this would be a choice to eat and rest a bit.

Favorite Dish: Onion soup is also good.
    Consider these specialties...
    »KRANJSKA« SAUSAGE WITH SOUR CABBAGE OR TURNIP
    BLACK PUDDING WITH SOUR CABBAGE OR TURNIP
    Appetizer of DEER BUDJOLA FILED WITH FLAP MUSHROOMS

I think that their wine list was a bit pricey. Maybe this is a place to stick with locally made beer.

• Study Abroad

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Cutty Sark Pub: Classic English pub

by akkipaa Written Apr 21, 2012

Cutty Sark Pub is a English pub where you can have snacks and a selection of both local and imported beers. The pub is centrally located and it is very suitable for e.g meeting your VT friends. Prices are reasonable and there is tables in garden area, very fresh option during hot summer days.

But, to be honest, if you like to visit a real English pub you have to go to Britain, all these continentals are cheap copies, serving more just a breath of original feeling. On busy days I would select some other place around.

Mon - Sat 9.00 - 01.00
    Sun & Hol 12.00 - 01.00

• Beer Tasting

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

The only real Irish in town?: Patrick's - the best in town

by akkipaa Written Apr 20, 2012

I used to live in Ljubljana in 90's and this was my selection if I would like to have a beer or snacks. They have a great selection of beers, my favorites are, not a surprise, Kilkenny and Guinness. I used to work with Irish and I amused them ordering almost always a small pint :) I was kind of marathon runner on those days and had to be clear minded when running :)

There are American, English, ales and seasonal beer and let's not forget the Union, the local one, not bad at all if you like lager.

Irish music on Thursdays!

Nice logo they have, do you recognize the bird? I think it is black Hornbill, for reason I don't know :)

Opening hours:
    16.00-01.00 mon-thu
    16.00-01.00 fri-sat
    16.00-00.00 sun

Favorite Dish: Fish and chips 7,50€ and a pint of Guinness 4,40€ (April 2012).

• Beer Tasting

• AS CAFE' APERITIVO: Amazing new place..

by makher Written Feb 28, 2012

Well it's definitely the only "international" place in Ljubljana. Amazing food and service, the location is in the heart center, the place is more than beautiful! .. Highly recommended, will got there again for sure.

Great guys!

Favorite Dish: Pasta and Burger!!! .. You feel like in Italy, the pasta is really top.. the burger has a secret but they don't tell you anything (hmmm).. it's gorgeous !

• Singles

Gostilna Pri Katrci
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Grand Union Garni

Instant Answers: Ljubljana

Comments

Ljubljana Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Ljubljana locals.
Map of Ljubljana