Teahouse CHA, Ljubljana

view of the tables outdoor
    Japanese teapot
    Stormy weather my favourite
  • oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Cha tea house: I became addicted to their tea!

by oriettaIT Updated Apr 7, 2011
    Japanese teapot

Even if it is not exactly a restaurant but a tea house this place become my favorite lunch and/or afternoon relax place during my few days in Ljubljana. It is in a narrow perdestrian street but they made sure to put a awning and a pedestal on the side of the street so the outdoor tables have some privacy. During lunch time they serve wonderful salads and sandwiches and of course their tea!
    If the weather does not let you sit outdoor there is a nice sitting area inside with wooden tables and their shop is really good, lots of tea and mugs and tea box.
    The tea selection is very good and the herbs tea too
    open Mon - Fri.: 9:00 to 20:00 and Saturday: 9:00 to 13:30

Favorite Dish: I fell in love with their "stormy weather" herb tea and just can't live without it anymore, I bought myself a big bag and when, some months later, I finished it and could not find anything as good in my town I emailed the shop and the owner sent me a new supply as now they sell online too. She is very nice and helpful and I will go back to the shop for sure if I happen to be in Ljubljana again.
    The site is in slovenian language but you can get around it easily using a browser that does translation.

• mightywease's Profile Photo

Teahouse CHA: Everything stops for Tea!

by mightywease Written Jun 12, 2005

Wease in the Tea House!

The phrase “everything stops for tea” is certainly true of this charming teahouse situated on Stari trg in the heart of the old town. You can either sit inside or, if the weather is good, under an awning on the other side of the narrow street.
    They serve a huge variety of green, black, flavoured and herbal teas. We tried Golden Nepal, Almond, Coconut Tea and a Darjeeling. The tea is served from beautiful individual oriental style teapots and you pour it into fine bone china cups and saucers, the cups have a silhouette image of a Geisha on the base. You cannot help but feel genteel! They also offer light snacks and cakes (hot chocolate muffin! Delicious!) and there is also a shop selling teapots, cups and other tea-related bits and pieces.
    This is a great place to chill out and people watch, the service is excellent and the tea wonderful. Go there and treat yourself

Favorite Dish: Two pots of tea plus a cake cost 880 SIT (appros 2.50 pounds). Bargainous!

• travelbug102's Profile Photo

Cajna Hisa: Tea Time!

by travelbug102 Written Sep 29, 2004

Awesome tea house in the old town that is always packed. It's worth the wait for a table here. Tasty grilled sandwiches and a massive selection of tea. I usually go with the cinnamon tea myself. Hisa also sells a variety of tea pots and attractive cups.

This place reminds me of the Out of Africa coffee shops in Poland.

Favorite Dish: Grilled ham and cheese sandwich makes for a good snack.

• novsco61's Profile Photo

Tea House - Cajna hiša: Tea at five

by novsco61 Updated Feb 9, 2005

Nice place to drink a cup of tea . They have more than 30 sorts of tea : fruit, herbal,green,red,black ... You can buy different tea accesories : cups, colanders, kettles ...

Instant Answers: Ljubljana