Know about this?
Hitch-Hiking From Ljubljana...
When I was at the Ljubljana train & bus stations, I didn't see people lining up the streets/roads to hitch-hike.
As I was taking the buses to/from some other destinations in Slovenia, I noticed that young kids particularly like to hitch-hike !
I also had the chance to do so when I couldn't find any bus to get back to Ljubljana from a small town called Smlednik.
I just lift up my arm & point my thumb upwards, waving at the cars passing by. i was not even sure whether that was the right way I did feel a bit silly !
I was adviced to do so by Slovenes anyway so said to myself that I might as well try. An experience I thought.
a car stopped by after about 5 cars passed me by. That's not too bad, isn't it ?
It was this guy who actually dropped me near Tivoli Park hence I could take some photos & had my swim in Tivoli Park Recreational Centre.
Thank you very much whoever you are.
Anyway, if you want to hitch-hike, take the usual precautions, it does FEEL SAFE anyhow.
- Hiking and Walking
- Budget Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Ljubljana Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Varanasi Warnings and Dangers
- Bad Neighborhoods
- Aruba Warnings and Dangers
- Krabi Warnings and Dangers
- Thailand Warnings and Dangers
- Tashkent Warnings and Dangers
- Mumbai Warnings and Dangers
- warnings for women
- Ocho Rios Warnings and Dangers
- Cambodia Warnings and Dangers
- Albania Warnings and Dangers
- Bucharest Warnings and Dangers