Know about this?
Hitch-Hiking From Ljubljana...
When I was at the Ljubljana train & bus stations, I didn't see people lining up the streets/roads to hitch-hike.
As I was taking the buses to/from some other destinations in Slovenia, I noticed that young kids particularly like to hitch-hike !
I also had the chance to do so when I couldn't find any bus to get back to Ljubljana from a small town called Smlednik.
I just lift up my arm & point my thumb upwards, waving at the cars passing by. i was not even sure whether that was the right way I did feel a bit silly !
I was adviced to do so by Slovenes anyway so said to myself that I might as well try. An experience I thought.
a car stopped by after about 5 cars passed me by. That's not too bad, isn't it ?
It was this guy who actually dropped me near Tivoli Park hence I could take some photos & had my swim in Tivoli Park Recreational Centre.
Thank you very much whoever you are.
Anyway, if you want to hitch-hike, take the usual precautions, it does FEEL SAFE anyhow.
- Budget Travel
- Hiking and Walking
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Ljubljana Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Netherlands Hotels
- Pichilemu Hotels
- Knowsley Hotels
- Poverty Bay Hotels
- Kampong Titi Teras
- Alligator Pond
- Lutherstadt Wittenberg
- Monte Gordo Warnings and Dangers
- Breckenridge Warnings and Dangers
- Estado de Baja California Sur Warnings and Dangers
- Estado de Nayarit Warnings and Dangers
- Sveti Stefan Warnings and Dangers
- Be Aware / Be Prepared
- Panajachel Warnings and Dangers
- Galicia Warnings and Dangers
- Afghanistan Warnings and Dangers
- Wroclaw Warnings and Dangers