If you are not travelling by car, the best way to Ptuj is by train. It is also the easiest way if you are going from Hungary to Ljubljana (or vice versa) - you can make a little stop in Ptuj.
If you are going from Ljubljana to Ptuj in takes 2 hours by train and it is an interesting ride because you can see a lot of different landscapes on your way. There are 7 or 8 trains per day, less on weekends.
There are more trains from Maribor (every one or two hours) and the ride to Ptuj takes about 45 minutes.
- Budget Travel
By Car: How Far/How Long...?
Some road distances to Ptuj from:
- Ljubljana (Slovenia): 128 kms.
- Zagreb (Croatia): 100 kms.
- Zurich (Switzerland): 791 kms.
- Warsaw (Poland): 977 kms.
- Madrid (Spain): 2.186 kms.
Checking the website, you’ll find more road distances together with the driving times and the best routes.
- Beds for all Budgets!
- Hostelworld.com Sleep Easy on your travels Read 1 million+ ratings & reviews
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates