Slaščičarna Šmon, Bled

4.5 out of 5 stars 10 Reviews

Ljubljanska cesta 04 5780 122

YUMMY!
    by travelfrosch
    Bear with a sweet tooth :)
    by travelfrosch
  • Slaščičarna Šmon
    by Avieira67
  • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Slaščičarna Šmon: Don't Miss the Kremna Rezina!

by travelfrosch Updated Oct 19, 2013

YUMMY!

Given the tasty food and generous portions in Slovenia, you might find yourself hard-pressed to leave room for dessert. But if you can manage, it's definitely worth it to make your way to this mecca of sweet treats, where you can get all sorts of pastries, tortes, and ice cream. Among the featured items is the local temptation known as Kremna Rezina.

Favorite Dish: What's Kremna Rezina, you ask? Well, it's flaky pastry, dusted with powdered sugar and filled with vanilla custard and sweet cream. It looks delicious and tastes like vanilla-flavored air. It can be quite a challenge to get a bite of the dessert without completely destroying the artful presentation. But it still tastes good, even if you fail.

• go_with_uz's Profile Photo

Slascicarna Smon: Sweet delights from 7 to 21

by go_with_uz Updated Apr 12, 2011

Slascicarna Smon is about five minutes walk from the lake. It is on the small street with the road under construction, but it is definetely worth visiting. We used to come there for breakfast and the delicious cakes and desserts were so filling that we could live without lunch. When we arrived to Bled we see lots of ads of Kremna rezina around. We tried this dessert at several places, but its performance in Slascicarna Smon is unbeatable.

Favorite Dish: Kremna rezina is a wonder. Can't understand how they manage to cut it into squares. It's light, fluffy and not too sweet at all. Usually I don't eat either cakes or sweets but for Smon's Kremna rezina I was ready to walk up from the lake.

• caffelatte's Profile Photo

SLAŠČIČARNA ŠMON: Dont miss the cake!!

by caffelatte Updated Jul 8, 2008

You havent really gone to bled if you miss this bakery. since I stayed at Travellers haven, i happened to pass by this bakery and decided to check out. Gees, the cake is so yummy. I dont care whether it is authentic bled cream cake or not. It is simply tooooo good.
    And prices are perhaps half of those big restaurants that are right next to the lake. I saw quite a few locals in this bakery.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Smon (the Bear): Pastries and dessert

by Dabs Updated Jun 9, 2007

Smon

Before stopping by Will's Kebabs we stopped by Smon to see what they had left for the day, which regrettably wasn't much, I imagine the selection is much better in the morning. We were there around 7 or 8 pm and most everything was gone.

Favorite Dish: I can't actually tell you what we had, one was a fancy chocolate cake with a banana on top, it wasn't terribly sweet and I didn't care for it, the other was kind of like tiramisu in consistency but with a taste more like rum raisin and I think it might have had dates in it. It was very good but I have no idea what I was eating.

If you get there earlier than us, see if they have kremna rezina, a vanilla and custard dessert sandwiched between flaky dough that originated at the Park Hotel in Bled, I tried it in Ljubljana and it was delicious!

• Umea6's Profile Photo

Slaščičarna Šmon: Pastry shop ŠMON

by Umea6 Written Jan 12, 2007

All cakes, buns, desserts here are just mouth watering. Delicious!
    The place is always crowded with people, sometimes you have to wait some time to get a table, but it is worth it. You can also take everything to go.

Favorite Dish: You have to try "Kremna rezina", it is a culinary speciality here in Bled. You want find tastier dessere of its kind anywhere else in Bled od Slovenia. They bake tons of it every day.
    It is actually baked puff pastry on top and bottom and in between two layesa - one of vanilla cream or custard and whipped cream. Yummy.

• silver_puma's Profile Photo

Slascicarna Smon: The BEST cakes in the world

by silver_puma Written Jul 1, 2004

The famous Bled cream slice!

Everyone that we met absolutley raved about this place. It took us a while to get round to finding it (which was probably a good thing as I don't think the bathroom scales could have withstood the strain otherwise!), but we couldn't stop going back once we had. They have such a wonderful looking selection of different cakes, gateaux, pastries and buns displayed beautifully in glass cabinets. In the new location they have tables outside on a patio area which is really nice for afternoon tea :)

The thing you HAVE to try is the Bled cream slice, since this is the area's famous food. It's made of 2 slices of puff pastry with a layer of cream & custard in between (see picutre).

Favorite Dish: It was too difficult to choose! Especially as I didn't manage to make my way through the entire selection (I tried my best though) : )

I think you would be quite safe with an ice cream, a cream slice or a slice of cheesecake though.

• Marie-France's Profile Photo

Slascicarna Smon: Kremna Rezina

by Marie-France Updated Jul 13, 2003

Bled's star dessert

Kremna Rezina is Bled culinary speciality, and you can find it here, among other places.

Slascicarna Smon is a little bakery/cafe near Bled's bus station. A good place to hide during Bled's frequent afternoon showers.

Favorite Dish: This pastry consists of a layer of vanilla custard and a layer of whipped cream between two layers of flaky pastry. More filling than it looks and very delicious!

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

SMON: Don't Miss the Kremna Rezina

by Avieira67 Updated May 1, 2009

This is the ideal place to eat the traditional cake of Bled.
    I have found here a good service, but not authentic Slovenian flavour.

Favorite Dish: Kremna rezina.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Slascicarna Smon: Kremna Snezna rezina

by easterntrekker Written Aug 28, 2008

I highly recommend trying these wonderful traditional cream cakes .They are memorable!!! Layors of vanilla Custard topped with whipped cram and flakey pastry!!!

• SueWarwick's Profile Photo

Brown Bear: Best cake shop in Bled!

by SueWarwick Written Feb 3, 2004

This is a real must see! Nothing better after a long walk!
    Lots of great cakes and ice creams
    Just forget the calorie counting (-;

Instant Answers: Bled

Comments

Other Restaurants in Bled