Places to eat in Obcina Bohinj

Most Viewed Restaurants in Obcina Bohinj

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Zlatovcica: The lake-fish restaurant

by croisbeauty Updated Feb 5, 2014

After strolling all day long around the lakes of Bled & Bohinj, I was daying of hunger. The best option, at the moment, was the restaurant "Zlatovcica", which is situated in the very centre of Ribicev laz.
    The restaurant is named after sweet-water fish.

Favorite Dish: The maine dish in this restaurant is fresh fish from the river of Savinja or the Lake of Bohinj, however, I don't like sweet-water fishes.
    I had Wiener-schnitzle with potatoes, mixed salate, double coca-cola, half liter of mineral water and esspresso for a very convinient price of 13 euros.
    The food was very good and I strongly recommend you this restaurant.

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

Gostilna Rupa: Try Goulaz of deer!

by Avieira67 Updated Jul 17, 2013

The first time I went to this restaurant was in 2005 along with a Slovenian friend from Ljubljana.
    Immediately after get in I falled in love by this amazing place. Both traditional decoration and music invite us to discover wild Slovenia, namely this alpin region. In fact, this beautifull village in located around the Triglav national park.
    From the windows we can admire the beautiful mountains covered (snow or...).
    When I visit Bohinj Region, I always go to this restaurant and recommend it a lot, not only for the ambience, but especially for the good food and service they offer.
    Unfortunatelly pictures were taken only recentely, but the oldest one is of the kindest waiter I have found in Slovenia.

Favorite Dish: I recommend you Goulaz of deer!
    I have never tryed stag, but I was very well surprised with this dish, especially the sauce.
    In my last visit, I just came here for a dessert, but I didn't resit to a portion of cevapcici.

• zadunajska8's Profile Photo

Center Bohinj Pizzerija: Good food and generous portions

by zadunajska8 Written Oct 23, 2011

When we visited this restaurant we were impressed by the speed and attentativeness of the service as well as the sizes of the portions. The quality of the food was also above average for restaurants in this area. Prices were not bad, but not cheap either.

• balhannah's Profile Photo

HOTEL CENTRE BOHINJSKO JEZERO: Reasonably priced meals

by balhannah Updated Oct 17, 2011

This Restaurant was located one street back from the waterfront. On checking the prices of meals at waterfront Restaurant's and then at this one, it was much better value to eat here.
    We able to sit outside, under the cover of a roof.
    Both our meals were a good size, tasty and we both enjoyed them!
    The Goulash cost 7.5 euro's, and the huge mixed grill, 11.5 euros.
    Our Waiter was nice, only problem was nobody seemed to want to take our money at the end!
    We would go back here to eat again.
    Plenty of car parking is available.

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Restaurant Ema: Pizza and more

by oriettaIT Updated Mar 12, 2011

This Pizzeria was on the way from the guesthouse we were sleeping and the lake, it seemed to be a very popular place as, even if we arrived early (7.30pm) it was packed of people already.
    We looked at the pizza people were eating but, even if I am sure they were fairly good, they did not satisfied my spoiled italian qualifications for a pizza so we decided to eat from the other dishes list.
    I had a Triglav salad, greens and some sort of meat. He had Cevapcici, a tipical balcan dish made of grilled minced meat. With two beers the meal costed us 21,30 Euros for two people in 2009.

Favorite Dish: The food was okay but we had to wait kind of forever for the food to show up.. there are not enaugh restaurants in the area for all the people who goes there in the summer i guess..

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Ema: A Whole Lot More Than Pizza

by painterdave Updated Feb 17, 2011

Pizzeria Ema is in a tiny village out side of Bohinj, and you would not think it to be crowded, but when we arrived we had to wait 20 minutes for a shared table. When we saw the food going by to other customers we knew why there was such a big crowd. And let me say right now, the plates of food were huge. This is a place where Green Bay Packers must eat!
    Don't expect just pizza, take a look at the photos to see massive hamburger sized plates of sausages and more. You just can't eat it all. Plus it was good.....
    There is seating indoors, but in the summer heat, most people were choosing to eat in the picnic barbecue area. Seating there is at picnic tables.
    The wait staff had to hustle to cover everything. But the beer was flowing and everyone was having a good family time.
    prices were good... not high as in the town of Bohinj.
    Clean and view of mountains

Favorite Dish: I had a plate with a huge amount of sausages cooked local style over a barbecue and then placed in a big hamburger bun. see photo.
    There was no way I could eat dessert if they even had it to be offered.
    This place was a lot of fun and we got to sit next to some folks for Norway who were good sports to share the table. They could not eat all their food, either.

Don't pass this place up if you are in Bohinj.

• Windsurfing

• Vanity666's Profile Photo

Pod Skalco: Great Pizza

by Vanity666 Written May 7, 2008

Great place to eat, under the huge rock, and the name say it "Pod Skalco" means "Under the Rock". The staff is friendly, seats are comfortable and pizza is great. Besides pizza, you can have fried breaded scallop, french fries, grilled meat dumplings.

Favorite Dish: I recommend pizza "Pod Skalco", that consists of cheese, ham, prosciutto, mushrooms and artichokes. Also, I ordered it with extra nacho cheese. Excellent. And I expected it would be probably smaller, however it was just enough for me to eat. My girlfriend left some, of course....
    And the price is 6.5 euro (this one was the most expensive).

• vesna04's Profile Photo

Aquapark caffe: Good if you are with kids

by vesna04 Updated Aug 27, 2007

And this was where we ended our short trip. We spend here some time relaxing and sorting our impressions about a place over a few rounds of drinks. Ice cream was good too:)

There was a little plyground for kids.

Restavracija Triglav: Nice domestic food

by vesna04 Updated Aug 27, 2007

We had a lunch here on our one day trip to Bohinj lake area. The food was excellent and the staff was very kind. We even got a homemade fruit ( I think it was bluebarry ) liquer for free after the meal. There was a nice alpine feel to the place and surrounding was lovely as well.

Restaurant Kristal: Good coffee

by vesna04 Updated Aug 27, 2007

This was the first place we stoped on our way from Bled to Bohinj lake. It was early morning and we desperatly needed a good cup of coffee. The place looked nice and we decided to stop there. We didn't try any food as we had breakfast in our hotel. Coffee was good and toilets were clean.
    This place is also a small guesthouse. Not sure how many rooms they have, suppose not much.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Center Bohinj Restaurant and Pizzeria: Pizza near the tourist office

by Dabs Written Jun 17, 2007

By the time we got to Lake Bohinj it was fairly late in the afternoon and past time for lunch so we stopped by the tourist office to see if we could find MK Pizzeria that was mentioned in Rough Guide and they sent us to the restaurant a couple of buildings over instead. I think I've got the right name although the sign over the awning said Restarvracija Vhod, the placemat said Center Bohinj Restaurant and Pizzeria.

There weren't too many other patrons, just a couple of tables plus us. Service was prompt and friendly.

Favorite Dish: I had a thin crust pizza with pepperoni, David tried the pljeskavica (Serbian hamburger). Both were good and filling. I don't remember exactly what we paid but it wasn't expensive.

• BerniShand's Profile Photo

ALPINUM HOTEL: TROUT FOR LUNCH

by BerniShand Written Sep 23, 2005

fresh trout, grilled with potatoes and salad gave us a meal fit for a king, sitting outside in the warm fresh alpine air it tasted fantastic, and of course we could people watch from our terrace, always a bonus, and washed down with a cold beer
    we had been hungry for trout since our walk through the Vintgar gorge that morning, and it was worth waiting for

Favorite Dish: trout....what else ?

• Hiking and Walking
    • Skiing and Boarding

• Bregman's Profile Photo

Gostilna Rupa: Variety of local dishes

by Bregman Written Aug 19, 2005

A great restaurant which serves a huge variety of local dishes. Outside here is a huge grill with a suckling pig rotating. This restaurant was recommended to us by the Slovenian landlady of our B&B and it was worth the travel.

• novsco61's Profile Photo

RESTAURANT AT SAVICA: YUMMI DUMPLINGS WITH COTTAGE CHEESE

by novsco61 Written Jul 11, 2005

After nice walk from Zlatorog Camp to Savica fall, you can sit down and rest a little at restaurant under Savica fall. We ordered goulash and dumplings with cottage cheese. Yummi, the food was excellent ant the prices very reasonable.
    There is also a small shop with souvenirs.

• SueWarwick's Profile Photo

Try some of the fresh trout

by SueWarwick Written Apr 20, 2005

Most places offer fresh tout caught from the lake.
    It is well worth trying and dont feel too guilty, there are millions of the things swimming round!!

• Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park

Instant Answers: Obcina Bohinj

Comments

Obcina Bohinj Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Obcina Bohinj restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Obcina Bohinj sightseeing.
Map of Obcina Bohinj