Bovec Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bovec

• tamerinho's Profile Photo

Pod Lipco: Don't miss this one

by tamerinho Written Jul 21, 2009

A highly recommended Gostilna (restaurant) in case you are visiting the cosy and wonderful town of Bovec (pronounced Bovets).

It is quite big, with a huge outdoor setting as well as an indoor one.

The ambiance is very relaxed and, and it makes one feel home as it is run by a family.

The staff speaks Slovenian, Serbian, Croatian, Italian, German and some English.

The restaurant is located next to a camping site, and it is surrounded by greenery everywhere.

Favorite Dish: For starters, try the Seafood Salad, a delicious plate.

The main course you can choose among many seafood dishes, or the the Dunajski Zrezek (the equivalent to the Austrain Weiner Schnitzel), but they use port instead of beef, still though if you ask they can use Chicken or Turkey.

The menu is very rich though.

Gostilna in Pizzerija "Letni vrt": The restaurant that changed my life

by Mikebond Updated Nov 1, 2005

"Letni vrt" was the restaurant of Bovec where I had dinner the most often. I always ate pizza, because it was the cheapest dish and it was also good!
    If you eat a pizza, you receive a card where the waiter puts his signature. When you get nine signatures, you can eat a pizza for free. That's also why I went so often to "Letni vrt" and didn't hesitate to invite other friends in order to get more signatures.
    However, I do not remember this restaurant for the food, but for its being the place where some changes occurred in my life. As you can read in the "General tips", it was there that I got new friends and spent wonderful evenings with them. Those who gave me the signature for their pizza are still waiting for a slice of pizza (Tanja is at the front line!).
    I also have to express some criticism about this restaurant: firstly, I always had to wait at least half an hour, even for a simple dish like a pizza margherita; secondly, the waiters weren't always very kind (but kinder than in the other restaurants: read further).

"Stari kovaè": Nothing special

by Mikebond Updated Sep 8, 2005

Georges asking

I ate twice at this restaurant with my friends. I had pizza both times, in order to spend little money.
    Pizza is not better than at "Letni vrt" and we had other inconvenients.
    The first problem was that they didn't accept payments by credit card and I had very few tolars in banknotes.
    The last evening (Saturday 27th August), since many students had already left Bovec, we, the survivors organized a dinner together at this restaurant (although two girls had booked a table at the "Sovdat", almost nobody wanted to go there, after we were cheated). Matej, the Slovene guy who had booked at the "Stari kovaè", had said there would be 20-25 people. Instead, we happened to be more than 30, so Tanja (yes, always her) asked if it was possible to join another table. The owner, a woman, got irritate and answered "It's impossible! You had booked for 25 people and now there are 31!", as if she didn't want to have 6 people more who pay for a meal. However, we managed to get the table and all of us could sit down and eat.
    Then, a pizza arrived and Georges thought it was Antoine's (the latter wasn't there at the moment) but it was nobody's pizza, and it was so fun to see him standing with the pizza in his hands that I took a pic of him.
    Moreover, someone had ordered wine for everybody and a carafe of wine arrived where we Italians, the French and some Austrians were sitting. No one of us trank wine and Antoine didn't in order not to pay it! We wanted to give the carafe back but then Matej took the carafe to the table where trinkers were sitting.
    At the end, everyone paid what they had eaten and "a part" of what they had trunk. Luckily I had enough money. That evening was the prelude to the last, wonderful night in Bovec, when I stayed up until 3 a.m. playing cards and other with my dear friends, before losing them for a certain time.
    This memory is the reason why I am "satisfied" of "Stari kovaè".

• Study Abroad

• Mikebond's Profile Photo

Gostilna "Sovdat": Avoid this restaurant or you will be cheated!

by Mikebond Updated Sep 6, 2005

One of the first evenings of my stay in Bovec, I wanted to have dinner with my mates (and future friends) Georges and Antoine but we didn't know where we'd go. The group of the Italians invited us to join them at the "Sovdat". It was the worst experience I had in a restaurant in Bovec. We ordered cheap dishes because we hadn't got much money (especially Antoine), we enjoyed the good food and then, I went to pay with the two French. The woman who owned the restaurant wrote the prices on a piece of paper. Antoine was asked for 1150 tolars instead of 750; Georges and I were also asked for more money than we had calculated. We protested and showed her the price list; she answered "these are the little portions" but it wasn't written anywhere. We were furious. Imagine that she told us "See you tomorrow"! The others had problems, too. Tanja (I didn't know her yet) told us later that she had to receive 10 tolars back but the woman didn't have them so she said "I'll give them to you next time".
    Well, you see why I'm suggesting you'd better avoid the "Sovdat", although the food is good.
    However, on that evening, I met for the first time some of my future friends, i.e. Tanja, who bored Antoine with a lot of questions on the French education system, Enrico, with whom I talked about his town Gorizia, that I like so much, and other people. I would have never figured it out that evening that I wouldn't be able to do without them few weeks later!

• travelbug102's Profile Photo

Stari Kovac: Good Solid Pizza

by travelbug102 Updated Sep 4, 2005

Besides renting out apartments in its building, the folks at Stari Kovac whip up some good pizza. The evening I went there it wasn't very busy and I enjoyed a lengthy conversation with my friendly & talkative waitress, who's from Celje not Bovec.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a small pizza with salami and peppers plus a small Union beer. Grand total was 1540 SIT

Instant Answers: Bovec

Comments

Bovec Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bovec restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bovec sightseeing.