Celje Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Celje

Gostilna Mlakar: Gostilna Mlakar

by bonio Written Nov 8, 2010

Spotted this one in the "In your pocket" guide and arrived just as a large party were leaving - goos timing.
    It's pretty much a comfortable local pub and serves great food. Big plate of tasty cevapcici for me and another vegetable plate for Mrs B, both enjoyed immensely. Again Lasko beer to go with it as well, a good choice for our evening meal.

Gostilna Amerika: Worth finding

by bonio Written Nov 8, 2010

A little out from the centre, just opposite a shopping centre.
    Anyway, a real treat here, fantastic food, just what we like, raznjici for me and a special vegetable plate for herself with ajvar and the wonderful bread only found in this part of the world. Lasko beer on offer too added to the enjoyment, also a favourite.
    Enjoyed our evening here.

• Hotel Europa: fantastic lunch

by manunyc212 Written Jan 8, 2009

This restaurant located around the corner from the tourist info center had an amazing lunch deal. A high end restaurant with a lovely modern setting, high caliber food that offered HUGE portions we got a soup a two course entree served on one plate and a desert for very reasonable price. This is not by most standards a budget deal but if you are willing a little above budget it is well worth your money.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Puccini: Gostilnica

by croisbeauty Updated Mar 3, 2005

Gostilnica Puccini

Gostilnica Puccini is situated in the very heart of the old core of the town, on Tomšicev trg.

In the summer time you can enjoy in lovely terrace and perfect view at the Main Square.

Favorite Dish: Gostilnica is local name for inn, which is not that classy like restaurant but it offers cheaper and, in my opinion, better food. Here you can have Italian dishes, such as pasta's, lasagne, pizza and mixed salads.

• KiNyA's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Marco Polo: Pizzeria Marco Polo

by KiNyA Updated Dec 29, 2003

Beautiful environment, nice service and tasty food. If I tell you the true, I visit it almost everyday - usually for a drink but sometimes also for some food.

Favorite Dish: Everything is delicious, so I don't know what to decide for.
    Recently I've been ordering pizza - half tuna half meat. Yummy!

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

ASADO: AFTER A SPA.......A GOOD RESTAURANT.....

by eden_teuling Updated Jun 27, 2003

RESTAURANT TIP PETROVCE

After having enjoyed the Spa with VT friend Tania, we went to this place where we had a fantastic meal!

We we sitting outside on a covered terrace and the atmosphere and ambiance were great!.

When we decided to order a fishdish (my favourite dishes as you know) the waiter came with an enormous tray on which were 4 colourful fish arranged so we could see how fresh they were (their eyes!) and how good they smelled.....

We decided to have the ......(have to look that one up!) and that meant that they would prepare that one big, beautiful fish, after having WEIGHED it because fish is paid for by weight......

Favorite Dish: Of course the fish we chose!!

The time it took the chef to prepare our fish was a fine moment to talk about VT, Celje, Spas, friendship, the wonderful weather, languages, translating, jobs, family, education and so much more that we suddenly saw our fish arrive......carried (lolol) by the waiter, who was extremely friendly and polite and helpful.....

• soncnica's Profile Photo

Puccini: Italian with Slovenian taste

by soncnica Updated Dec 17, 2002

Statue of Virgin Mary on Main square

Actually this is a "chain" of restaurants. You will also find 2 Puccini restaurants in Ljubljana.
    It's basically Italian restaurant with wide variety of pasta, but what I love most is their salad bar. All sorts of fresh salads and antipasti. They also offer a daily menu, so check that out too.
    I usually don't eat in restaurants when at home, but used to eat a lot in Ljubljana since this restaurant offers coupons for students and makes life of "future intelectuals" much easier and sated ;)

Favorite Dish: besides the above mentioned salads I would say black/white tagliatelle with rucola.
    Yummy!

• oja's Profile Photo

We ate at Gostilnica Puccini,...

by oja Updated Aug 25, 2002

We ate at Gostilnica Puccini, which is a member of the Italian chain. The food was still quite decent, especially the salad bar which even had mussels (you can't get them in Ljubljana).

Favorite Dish: besides salad bar also pasta al quatro formaggi

• bonio's Profile Photo

Country pub: Good pub food.

by bonio Written Nov 8, 2010

Pub attached to the Hotel Štorman. Busy and friendly place with a good choice on the menu. Mrs B happy with vegetarian options and a decent steak for me - very good!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Gostilna Puccini.: That's a limp pizza...

by richiecdisc Updated Jan 29, 2003

Tomsicev trg or square

Never ate there, Tanja`s Mom was a great cook, but supposedly great pasta and salad bar.

Favorite Dish: Personally, I`d stay away from the pizza, I found them not as stiff as I normally like.

• KiNyA's Profile Photo

Gostilnica Puccini: Gostilnica Puccini

by KiNyA Updated Aug 25, 2002

My fave food there's salat. In a nice environment you can choose a lot of different kinds of salat from a salat bar. Of course you can get other European food, too.

Instant Answers: Celje

Comments

Celje Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Celje restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Celje sightseeing.