Tomaj Travel Guide

• Tomaj

Tomaj Restaurants

• travelbug102's Profile Photo

by travelbug102 Updated May 26, 2007

The farmhouse opens its dining room to more than just those spending the night. I met a woman there who drove 2hrs south from Bovec just to have dinner.

Favorite Dish: Just a few of the good dishes I tried:

Juta soup (with beans and onions)
    Beef with Prsut baked in Teran red wine
    Veal with bitter greens and gnocchi
    Blancmange with apricott sauce

If you there in April or May, expect to have a lot of wonderful asparagus dishes as it's in season.

• by pkomninou Written Mar 5, 2007

I was taken to the Skerlj Restaurant last month, and quite frankly was horrified! My grandson took me around the side of the main entrance, and with pride, presented me with what the owners are delighted to show the guests with children. There were about thrity wire hutches with large white rabbits, most of which couldn't turn around in their cages. Their litter was also about three inches deep and obvisouly hadn't been changed in months. So, I would not eat there, due to poor anilmal welfare and hygeine. May I add that the pigs or cattle which were stabled next to the rabbits I couldn't see, but smelled the stench. I do know about farm animals as I've come from a family who kept them in England.
    I was persuaded by my son to sample their puddings, which they are famous for. It was quite pleasant, but absically suet rolly-polly. I have lived abroad for the past 7 years, and have come to the conclusion, that many tourists are swept up by the excitement of new things without looking further into it.

Favorite Dish: NONE

• Tomaj Hotels

0 Hotels in Tomaj

Instant Answers: Tomaj

Comments

Tomaj Travel Guide
Map of Tomaj