Zuzemberk Travel Guide

parish church above Žužemberk
    by mircaskirca
    Žužemberk - view from the castle
    Žužemberk castle

Zuzemberk Things to Do

• halikowski's Profile Photo

Waterfalls

by halikowski Written Jun 25, 2014

Clear green-blue karst water follows down a rocky bed through the centre of the town. You can follow its course past disused mills and under willow trees to rock ledges where you can jump off into the waters below. What a chance discovery, we were on the verge of running our of petrol and looking for a station... We ended up spending the whole day here, eating a kebab at the border in Vinica, where there was a rowdy Croatian joining the EU party, and driving on in order to catch the ferry at Split at 01.30. It's cooler to drive at night, and the roads are emptier, but you need to be awake, and resilient to one's wife's complaints! Not sure if overall it is to be recommended (there was no sitting place in the ferry because everyone was lying down), but the memories of Zuzemberk will linger and the 13th year old Elias just loved it.

Zuzemberk Warnings and Dangers

• halikowski's Profile Photo

Avoid the Slasticarna

by halikowski Written Sep 1, 2012

Slasticarna = Konditorei (Ger.) = Patisserie (Fr.) = Pastry shop (Eng.).
    In the main square, run by an old man. I think he leaves his cakes in the display window for weeks, I almost got ill from the cream cake I ordered. Also I asked for a black tea and got a disgusting old camomile tea bag. Told him I was not at the "bolnica", and he just laughed!

Instant Answers: Zuzemberk

Comments

Zuzemberk Travel Guide
Map of Zuzemberk