Know about this? Rate It!
Nature park Cabo de Gata
The nature park Cabo de Gata is really wonderful. Great places in the middle of nowhere. Watching breeding flamingos, fantastic views around the next corner of a street.... all that can happen to you, if you visit this place.
A nice place there is for example San José in the north-east of Almeria (see also the pics for San José).
San Jose de Cabo de Gata
This old fishermen village, situated in the Parque Natural de Cabo de Gata-Nijar (Natural Park), has become one of the most tranquil and attractive tourist sites on the Almerian coast.
It is located forms a wide bay, sitting between two zones of volcanic rock, unique to the Cabo de Gata ("Cape Cat").
This little town was, until recently, a hidden fishermen's port with only a few dozen inhabitants, one of the reasons for its late discovery was the bad communications. I am afraid It was discovered thanks to the tourist industry.
It is the start town to the cabo de gata itinerary tour....
Deserted desert beaches
Walk from San José in either direction along the coast, and discover miles of unspoilt beaches..
Don't forget to take plenty of water, there really are NO shops outside of the villages!
- National/State Park
- Budget Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Almería Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Lago del Predil Hotels
- Paraguay Hotels
- Sandusky Hotels
- Wisconsin Dells
- Bulacan Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path