Don't go mad
Luggage and bags: Almeria isn't the back beyond. It's a decent sized city, and there are plenty of supermarkets and pharmacies to stock up on essentials when in town. That said, Spain isn't a country of bargains, and you don't want to jump off the train only to immediately start shopping before you can take a decent shower. So...
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: * A light jacket. It does get breezy here, and at night if you are eating out on a terrace, a light jacket keeps the wind off. After the heat of the day it can feel chilly at night, even the temp is still 20+ c.
* Comfy shoes. Most of Almeria city is best explored on foot. Comfy everyday shoes are best, you don't need hiking boots, just something practical. Converse with a comfy insole is fine.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: * Usual bag of minis to get you started at the hotel (though even budget places give you the basics)
* Lip balm. Almeria is dry, VERY dry. Your lips will suffer pretty quick without this stuff.
* Sun screen: Even just walking around town can get you burned on exposed areas like the back of your neck. Faces catch the sun too.
Photo Equipment: * A small street shooter camera. There is some great street life and candid moments in Almeria. A small, quick, easy and inconspicuous camera is a real bonus.
* SLR/Medium Format with a decent wide angle lens. Endless opportunities for some great architectural ensembles and epic scenery here. The desert and city panoramas really benefit from a solid wide angle lens.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: * Swimming gear. It might be a city destination, but the city proper has a decent enough beach.
* Diving log book. There are diving clubs in town doing some great local diving trips. If you dive, definitely be sure to pack your certs/log book so you don't miss out. Cabo de Gata is easily done on a boat dive from town and has some great diving.
- Diving and Snorkeling
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Almería enjoys a warm and dry Mediterranean climate, with little rain and a large number of hours of sun per year (more than 3,000 hours).The temperatures throughout the year are mild reaching no lower than an average of 13º C in winter, and about 25º C in summer.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices