Ayamonte Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Ayamonte

The wall

by solopes Updated Feb 17, 2014
    Ayamonte - Spain

Favorite thing: Now a funny story:

I've been once more in Ayamonte, and once more I confirmed that Ayamonte is not exactly my favorite place in Spain.

Leaving town, Fernanda saw a stony wall, whose cement had exactly the colour that she wanted to be used in one of our walls that was being covered with stone.

I had to make a picture, to show to the mason.

Arriving at home I printed the picture, and, preparing to erase it, I discovered that it is, maybe, the prettiest picture that I have from Ayamonte, and... couldn't do it.

Funny thing!

Now I have a doubt: Is Ayamonte really as banal as I think, or is it me who couldn't see its beauty?

• Architecture

Construction

by solopes Updated Dec 31, 2013

Ayamonte

Favorite thing: I didn't feel comfortable in my recent visit to the beaches of Ayamonte. In my previous visit I saw wild empty and shallow dunes bordering a calm sea.

Now, the dunes are there, but lined with heavy construction, at a respectful distance, but so dense that we cannot imagine the beaches without it. It seems a dense residential area, so spread that the few commercial support that I saw seems insufficient. Next time I will have a more careful look.

• Beaches

Border attraction

by solopes Updated Dec 31, 2013

Guadiana

Favorite thing: Crossing a border has always been an attraction - different language, food and commerce always attracted many Portuguese to Ayamonte (and Spanish to Vila Real de Santo António). The cities were there, just across the river, easy to reach.

With European integration differences (and reciprocal commerce) had faded, but language and food keep different, so Ayamonte keeps calling the Portuguese, but nowadays by car, using the modern bridge.

The boat is a memory, and also a possible solution to cross

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Ayamonte

Comments

Ayamonte Favorites

Reviews and photos of Ayamonte favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ayamonte sightseeing.