Benalmádena Local Customs

Feria de Benalmádena - Recinto Ferial.
    by Regina1965
    Flamenco dance at Feria de Benalmádena.
    by Regina1965
    Feria de Benalmádena - Recinto Ferial.

Best Rated Local Customs in Benalmádena

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

Feria de Benalmadena.

by Regina1965 Updated Oct 19, 2009

Feria de Benalm��dena - Recinto Ferial.

The feria in Benalmádena is awesome. It is held at Recinto Ferial which is the feria ground and located next to Selwo park and Park de la Paloma. The feria lasts for a week and is the most fun during the night with a big tivoli, bright lights and fun. Along the main street of the feria ground tents are lined up with food, drinks and music. Out of all the ferias I went to this one is my favourite and I went there as often as I could. I must be a kid at heart or a Viking at heart because I was mesmerized by the Viking ship. I couldn´t tear myself away and I added a video of it here ;) It is held the last week of June in conjunction with San Juan Midsummer night (seem my tip on that).

Ferias are held in every town in Spain with a week of fun, dance, music, food and drink. People dress up in traditional Flamenco clothes, men, women and children alike.

To reach Recinto Ferial you turn right (coming from Puerto Marina) from the main street of Benalmádena by the big whirligig and walk up to till you reach Parque de la Pamola. It is more fun to walk through the park and exit at the left entrance where the café is located way up in the park. There immediately on your right is Recinto Ferial the feria ground.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

Midsummer night - San Juan.

by Regina1965 Updated Jul 21, 2011

Celebration on the beach.

I celebrated San Juan - Midsummer night - in Benalmádena this year as they celebrate in style with a much bigger celebration than Torremolinos. Fires are lit on the beach on the whole coastline and there is dancing and drinking until the wee hours of the morning. It was unbelievably crowded especially by Castillo de Bil-Bil where I stood as from there was a big firework-show which was supposed to start at midnight but started almost an hour late. Don´t miss this event if you are in this area on June 23rd it is awesame.

I celebrated San Juan again in Benalmadena in 2011, when a thick fog almost ruined this event.

• ettenaj's Profile Photo

Spanish eyes

by ettenaj Updated Oct 31, 2003

Blue Spanish Eyes

Me being seranaded by my own Spaniard WOW this was a great afternoon, obviousley my fella had to pay for the privilage but to me it was worth every penny!! Very romantic

Instant Answers: Benalmádena

Comments

Benalmádena Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Benalmádena local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Benalmádena sightseeing.