Benalmádena Tourist Traps

Colomares Castle
    by Colin_B
    Benalmadena Puerta - Corporate City!
    by amapola66
    Dodgy shoe cleaning
    by Synch_X

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Benalmádena

• amapola66's Profile Photo

Benalmadena Port -Corporate Shops & Very Toruisty

by amapola66 Updated Mar 12, 2005

We went down to Benalmadena port to have a stroll around as the port area had been recommended.

Having lived in Boston MA, U.S.A for a year, it reminded me of a suburban U.S. shopping mall - so it was not for us on holiday in Spain! There were one or two nice shops, but mostly U.S. corporate stores like Disney etc

I suspect, if you have a boat, the port is good for practical reasons. It has been designed in traditional Moorish style and is large, but it all looks terribly modern and we found it charmless.

There were people trying to sell you things in abundance, which amused the Small Person, but became rather irritating very quikly for the adults (and this was only end of May). We gave up trying to find a suitable restaurant amid the pizza & burger joints so went back to the pueblo and had a very reasonably priced lunch in a charming, Spanish owned reataurant.

At best, go for s short stroll, just to see it, or if you have a boat and are interested in the port facilities.

Personally I wouldn't bother unless you want a USA impersonation in Spain.

Unique Suggestions: Trying to think of something that would make me want to go, sorry - I can't !

Fun Alternatives: Driveup the hill past Tivoliworld (note, I say 'drive' the nic-name for this hill, is 'heart attack hill' ) to the pueblo. You will see it ahead.

Benalmadena Puerta - Corporate City!
    • Sailing and Boating

• Colomares Castle

by Colin_B Written Sep 25, 2004

I visited Castillo Colomares in July 2004. Although the admission fee of €2 for adults is fairly cheap, there is not a lot to see. You can not go inside the castle and can only view it from one side. The grounds surrounding the castle are in an untidy state and access to them is restricted.

Colomares Castle
    • Castles and Palaces
    • Architecture

• Synch_X's Profile Photo

Little old guy with shoe cleaning box.

by Synch_X Written Jul 31, 2003

Myself and Fen were out walking around the town one day when this little old guy stopped us to ask for the time. He seemed so grateful at the time that he cleaned my shoes, little did I know that he was going to charge me for it. So be wary of anyone that offers you something for free.

Dodgy shoe cleaning

Instant Answers: Benalmádena

Comments

Benalmádena Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Benalmádena tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Benalmádena sightseeing.