Cafeteria La Marina, Cadiz

by Beach_dog
    Stace
    by Carmela71
  • annase's Profile Photo

Bar La Marina: Churros (Spanish/Mexican doughnut)

by annase Written Jul 11, 2007

This place is the one to go for the churros, weird fried-dough pastry-based long stick type of thing snack that is sometimes referred to a Spanish doghnut. I doesn't look like doughnut and it ain't as sweet as a doughnut though. It isn't that great tasting on it's own, but apparently the Spanish eat them with hot chocolate that is served as a normal drink from a cup and dip them into it...

For me, they were just another deep fried unhealthy thing that I normally avoid eating, but I had to try them as it was my first time in Spain. I don't think I'll be having them again very soon though.

Churros are popular in Spain, Latin America, France, Portugal, the USA, and Spanish-speaking Caribbean islands.

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo

La Marina: Churros con chocolate.

by Beach_dog Written Jan 9, 2004

Eating Churros again.

As with any Spanish city I?m visiting, after a couple of hours of walking I start to get hungry. Normally I head to the nearest Churreteria and Cadiz was no exception. Churros are a sort of fried dough, something like a doughnut and are served with hot chocolate to dip them in. The churros in Cadiz have a slight regional variation from Malaga, they are made much thinner, but they taste just as nice.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Cafeteria La Marina: Churros con Chocolate

by Carmela71 Updated Jan 7, 2004

Stace

ok, I guess I should have included this at Restaurants, but if there is a local custom that I really enjoy of most of the areas in Spain is the ...

Churros con chocolate

And I am being lucky as Stace love them even more than me lol

Here in Cadiz there are thinner than the ones we are normally used, but they were nice too

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Bar La Marina

by SirRichard Updated Jul 21, 2003

The quiet terrace

This big bar with a terrace is a perfect place for BREAKFAST. Located in a very busy pedestrian zone, near the Central Market, is nice to seat at one of the terraces and enjoy a coffee (or chocolate) with home made churros.
    In Carnival time (february) is a very popular place to hang around in a sunday morning, as most of the singing groups pass in front of the bar performing. But you have to come early for that, it gets really crowded!!

Instant Answers: Cadiz

Comments

Other Restaurants in Cadiz