Casares Restaurants

CASA CURRO: MENU FOR 10 EUROS

by LoriPori Updated Feb 28, 2010

Casa Curro

Sunday February 14, 2010
    As Carmen and Stace were kind enough to take us for a nice Sunday drive to Casares, I wanted to treat them both for lunch. We went to the "Parking" area of Casares and there were two restaurants there. I chose the CASA CURRO as they featured a Menu for 10 Euros. It was busy with locals - a good sign. We walked in and were seated. The menu started off with a large platter of salad, consisting of lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Stace and Hans chose the lamb chops which came with fresh cut patatas. I chose the pork chops which also came with fresh cut patatas. I forget what Carmen had - it looked like a local stew. Dessert was included and we all had Flan, which was home made and absolutely delicious and came with a generous helping of fresh cream on top. Drinks were extra. We ordered a large bottle of Agua - water - 1,20 Euros.
    All in all a good experience.

• Kettleman's Profile Photo

El Cortijo: Scenic View

by Kettleman Updated May 28, 2008
    El Cortijo

Nice local restaurant on the entry into the town on the "main" road. Has many outside tables and some overlook the town perched on the opposie side of the small valley.

Favorite Dish: The daily menu was homemade pate, lovely, and roast chicken and salad. Again very nice and flavoured with fruits.

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

La Bodeguita de En Medio: Andalucian Cuisine

by Ekaterinburg Written Apr 22, 2007

The terrace of Bodeguita de En medio

This is one of two adjoining resataurants on the Plaza de Espana, at the centre of Casares. Both these restaurants face uphill to the castle and church and both enjoy the ambience of a small village square.

Favorite Dish: We didn't have a full meal here, just beer and Tapas, but they do have a very interesting looking lunch and dinner menu. The tapas were delicious and the portions generous. I find it quite hard to actually identify all the ingredients in tapas but there were lovely meatballs, chunks of chorizo and a potato dish. Lots of fishy things also but I like my fish to be easily identifiable and wasn't brave enough to venture into unknown varieties.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Antiguo Bar Nuevo

by Carmela71 Written Mar 1, 2003

this local (a god friend) that recomended the previous one, really said about this one.... "You know Carmen, thats for tourists...., they see the terrace in the middle of the square and seat there.. but if you can, go to the previous one...."

So I will follow her coments lol next time I go there....

Instant Answers: Casares

Comments

Casares Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Casares restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Casares sightseeing.