Córdoba Restaurants

• lina112's Profile Photo

Bar Santos: Famous ommelet

by lina112 Updated May 13, 2013

Ummmmmm

We didn´t eat here but sure we do next time. I discovered this bar in a tv programme where talked about it. The place is very famous for its big spanish ommelet. The bar is situated on the east side of the Mosque-Cathedral, between the Puerta de Santa Catalina and Puerta of the Tier Round.

En este bar no comimos pero seguro que lo haremos en otra visita. El bar lo descubrí en un programa de televisión donde hablaban de el. Es muy famoso por su gran tortilla de patatas. El bar está situado en la cara este de de la Mezquita-Catedral, entre la Puerta de Santa Catalina y la Puerta de la Grada Redonda.

• Photography

• lina112's Profile Photo

Bar Mari paz: Lunch time at Plaza Corredera

by lina112 Written May 13, 2013

The place

After spending the morning visiting patios we needed to have a break until the evening visit. At plaza Corredera we found Bar Mari Paz where we had a fantastic lunch at this bar. We had salmorejo, salad, flamenquin, croquets and chorizo al vino. Food was delicious, the staff very nice and price the best. The serve churros and porras for breakfast, hope try them next time.

Bar situado en la plaza corredera, el sitio está muy bién el personal muy amable y el servicio excelente y el precio muy bién. Tomamos salmorejo, ensaladilla rusa, corquetas, flamenquín y chorizos al vino. También sirven churros y porras para desayuno y merienda, no los probamos, eso será otra vez.

• Photography

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Meson de las Flores: We enjoyed our tapas very much

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 24, 2013

Enjoying my beer

We were hungry and decided it was time to stop and get a bite to eat. We walked around the Juderia looking at the many restaurants and menus posted and after checking prices and atmosphere, we decided on this place.

An excellent little place tucked away in an alley in the Juderia near the calle de las Flores, we were happy we decided to grab our meal here. There is nothing fancy or special, but the food and service were quite good.

The restaurant is small with the typical type of counter service you find throughout Spain. Many of the tapas are behind a glass casing and you can pick from there, or have a seat and order from the menu. The menu had a varied selection with the usual items you find like batatas brava, gambas alioli, croquetas, etc.

We walked in and grabbed a cozy table as the waiter walked over and handed us each a menu. We ordered a few beers and perused the menu. I wanted to order one of everything as I was quite hungry and everything on the menu sounded so delicious. The prices were very reasonable.

We definitely enjoyed our choices and the service was excellent. I promised myself that next time I visit Cordoba I'll make sure to come here for another meal.

Favorite Dish: We ordered the gambas alioli, croquetas de jamon y croquetas de queso, batatas brava and a lomo de cerdo with aioli and fries. Every one of our selections was excellent and the prices were very good. Each tapa ranged from about 2 euro for the batatas and the most expensive the gambas were about 8 euro.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• La Tranquera: The complete entourage was a welcome experience

by Hermanandgreetje Written Mar 15, 2012

First spanish argentinian restobar. We had a wonderfull evening there. The staff was very friendly, the head waiter spent time to explain the spanish menu to us in english, he was a pleasant person o talk to. The restaurant itself was very cozy. Especially the empenades where excellent. The Lome was cooked exactly as we asked for.
    If you want to get away from the commercial restaurants then this is the place to go to.
    The choice of music was good as well.
    Compliments to the whole staff for an excellent evening.

Favorite Dish: The empenades where excellent

• NedHopkins's Profile Photo

El Churrasco: A different kind of gazpacho

by NedHopkins Updated Apr 4, 2011

Restaurant entrance, left of the yellow van

In the Juderia, and just down the street from its hotel, La Hospederia de El Churrasco (q.v.), this restaurant is a gem. Service is prompt and courteous, starting with the complimentary Tio Pepe aperitif. Our friendly waiter sought to impress me with the question, 'Nihongo hanasemas'ka?" -- 'Can you speak Japanese' -- and was delighted when I responded that I could, a little.

The restaurant shares an outstanding website with the hotel. I had made a reservation several weeks before we left for Spain, though I'd guess reservations are not necessary outside the high tourist season.

Favorite Dish: The pine nut ('pine white') gazpacho -- I'd never had any but the usual tomato kind -- was so delicious that my wife, who tasted a couple of spoonfuls, looked for it on every menu given her during the remaining two weeks of our trip. (She didn't find it; but the restaurant's recipe is available on a couple of internet sites.)

For an entree I had lamb chops, broiled to perfection.

My wife had an asparagus appetizer followed by a sea bass entree. She liked both; but nothing matched the creamy but delicate pine nut gazpacho.

• Seniors

• Kettleman's Profile Photo

Hammam Restaurant: Moroccan

by Kettleman Updated Apr 4, 2011

Hammam Restaurant

Why Moroccan and Turkish doesn't get a tick box is quite annoying.

So had to put Africa.

Excellent restaurant in the old city and above the Banos Arabes!

Favorite Dish: Had a lovely starter of mixed meze and then moved onto a lamb tajine. PUKKA!

• La Cavea: Brilliant Pinchos!

by lilacwings Written Sep 24, 2010

This little bar just outside the Archaeological Museum is deservedly popular with both locals and those visitors who've come across it. Great place to relax in a lovely, little tree-lined square. Good and lengthy tapas/racion menu served by two chaps who, no matter how busy, are always lovely and friendly.

Favorite Dish: Pinchos morunos, without a doubt... though their patatas bravas are some of the best!

• La Tranquera: Wonderful Empanadas!

by lilacwings Written Sep 24, 2010

La Tranquera combines Cordoban and Argentinian food in a small local bar next to the Arab Baths. A few outside tables and only six or eight tables inside but the ambience is wonderful... relaxed and so, so friendly. The staff of just three are lovely. Customers are mainly locals but we were made to feel totally at home (even with my appalling Spanish). On a four day trip to Cordoba we went in three times - twice just for drinks and empanadas.

Favorite Dish: As you might have guessed from this, the empanadas are just fantastic - three kinds, though meat my favourite. And do try the Volcana for dessert - a beautifully presented hot choc brownie-type base with gorgeous vanilla ice cream on top. Would go back just for that!
    And the wine was the best I've tasted in Cordoba, or even Spain!

• ELear's Profile Photo

Cañas y Tapas: Smashed eggs

by ELear Updated May 1, 2010

I had an excellent lunch of Huevos Rotos in a place called the Cañas y Tapas, which was full of local people. It was so good that I went back the next day. I think I paid about 5 Euros. They do lots of other things as well as Huevos Rotos, of course.

Favorite Dish: Huevos Rotos - I like the name

• Business Travel

• pepples46's Profile Photo

many little Bars

by pepples46 Updated Feb 24, 2010

Juderia

many little Bar's for a Drink, or Lunch in the Juderia, not far from La Mesquita

Favorite Dish: lot's of food which cools you down..Salats, the usual tapas and trink lots of water...more food info on my Andalucia page

• NedHopkins's Profile Photo

Restaurante Almudaina: Very disappointing

by NedHopkins Written Dec 17, 2009
    Restaurant exterior just after sunset

The restaurant has two dining rooms, a small one for smokers, a large one for more virtuous people. The menu is the same in both rooms.

The ambience was better in the non-smoking section; the service, in the smoking room, was satisfactory.

The food wasn't. My Rabo de Toro a la Cordobesa (bull's tale, Cordoba style) was tasteless. My guess is that it was prepared in a pressure cooker.

All other courses, for both my wife and me, were just edible.

Favorite Dish: None. Though we'd go back to Cordoba just to feast at Restaurante El Churrasco, we wouldn't go back to Almudaina even if they paid us.

Taberna Plateros

Tapas & wine in Taberna Plateros

Taberna Plateros is located right beside the hotel where we stayed and is recommended in most Cordoban guide books. Yet it wasn't until our last night in the city that we found the time to visit. After an evening spent in various tapas bars in the city we stopped here for one final tapas and wine. The food and atmosphere in Taberna Plateros was excellent - our only regret was we didn't discover it sooner.

It's located in Calle San Francisco, a quiet part of the city, away from the crowds of the Mezquita. Prices are low, the tapas and raciones are excellent and there's usually a good crowd here, though mostly locals to judge from when we visited.

As we had already had a few tapas that night, we could only manage one racion of food between us. Picking just one was difficult but we went for berenjenas fritas (fried aubergines). The waiter brought out a huge plate for us which we washed down with glasses of local red wine. The food was excellent and had we had a bit more appetite we'd have tried more of the mouth watering dishes.

Cafe Gaudi

Ruth trying Salmorejo

Cafe Gaudi was the first restaurant we visited in Cordoba. On our first evening we had booked an evening walking tour of the city with the tourist office for 8.30pm, so we had to find somewhere open early serving quick meals. Cafe Gaudi was exactly that.

Many Cordoba restaurants don't open before 8pm, and indeed the first few we tried were closed. But Gaudi is more of a diner/bar than a restaurant and is open all day long. We both ordered the set menu del dia for 10 Euro. This gave us a 3 course meal including bread and a drink, which was pretty good value, especially as in many places the menu del dia is only available at lunchtime.

For starters we both had salmorejo, which is a Cordoban version of Gazpacho, the famous Andalcian soup, served cold. The Cordodan version is thicker than regular Gazpacho, but equally as tasty. For main course we had another Cordoban speciality called Flamenquin, which is a deep fried roll of ham, cheese & pork.

The food was nice and good value, though we did visit better restaurants during our stay in the city.

La Tranquera: A taste of Argentina

La Tranquera

Busy Corregidor Luis de Cerda runs alongside the Mezquita and through much of the old town. Given its location, its no surprise that it's full of restaurants, most of which are overpriced and touristy. However, one - La Tranquera - did catch our one , so we popped in for a quick drink one evening during our stay.

La Tranquera is more of a tapas bar than a restaurant and serves Argentinian food such as empanadas, milanesas and various cuts of steak, along with local specialities like salmorejo and flamenquin. The bar is little more than a small room with about 10 tables, with the kitchen/bar area at one end. On the wall are posters and pictures from Argentina (tango, football, Buenos Aires, etc).

We had already had dinner by the time we visited so we didn't order food - though it looked very good, but instead had a glass of red wine each - from Argentina of course. Portions were large and the prices were low. La Tranquera is a nice alternative to the expensive, touristy places found around the Mezquita.

Bodegas Mezquita

by barryg23 Updated Nov 4, 2009

Tapas in Bodegas Mezquita

Bodegas Mezquita is a small chain of tapas bars in Cordoba with restaurants spread out around the old town.

We first visited after our evening walking tour of Cordoba, for the wine and tapas included in the tour price. We liked it so much that the following night we returned on our own.

There is a good selection of tapas and wines on the menu. I think we tried Gazpacho (Andalucian soup), Albondigas (meatballs) and bacalao (salted cod) and all were excellent. Prices were good too, especially as we were in a popular restaurant in the most touristy part of Cordoba.

We were also lucky enough to get a free glass of Montilla, a local sherry, which the waiters brought to everyone in the bar.

Instant Answers: Córdoba

Comments

Córdoba Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Córdoba restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Córdoba sightseeing.