Córdoba Restaurants

• barryg23's Profile Photo

La Cavea

by barryg23 Written Oct 28, 2009
    Breakfast at La Cavea

La Cavea is a great place to go for breakfast or a coffee while exploring Cordoba. It's located on Plaza Jeronimo Paez, an elegant square in the medina, close to the Mezquita. Unlike many cafes in the area it's excellent value for money. We had breakfast here two mornings during our stay and paid less than 5 Euro each time - that gave us 2 cafe con leches, tostados and orange juices.

The cafe has seats inside as well as a large terrace area on one of the most historic squares in the city. On one side of the square is the archaeological museum, while traces of a Roman theatre can also be seen around the square.

• NedHopkins's Profile Photo

Almudaina: Miss this restaurant

by NedHopkins Written Oct 21, 2009
    Front of the restaurant

Based on reviews by other travelers and in guidebooks, I reserved a table at Alumdaina several weeks before we left for Spain.

Though the servivce was fine, my wife and I were gravely disappointed by the food. The mushrooms in my appetizer -- mushrooms in shrimp saunce -- tasted as if they had come from a can (or jar). Worse yet, my oxtail entree was almost certainly prepared in a pressure cooker.

Favorite Dish: I'd go to McDonald's -- they're all over Andalucia -- before I'd go back to Almudaina.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Restaurante El Toreo: Out of the heat and good food to eat

by Roadquill Updated Aug 24, 2008

Restaurant on the Right

After spending the morning and early exploring Corodoba and the Cathedral, in looking for a place to eat most of the places near the Mezquita seemed overpriced, selling a sandwich and soda for euro. A short walk N of Cardenal Herrero on a narrow street lined with souvenirs, post card stands is the Restaurante El Toreo. Inside is a very comfortable restaurante with arched walls in the mujadar architecture style

Favorite Dish: Cold beer, spicey sausage tapas, cucumber and tomato salad, some bread all for about 9 euro.

• Beer Tasting

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Taberna las Comedias: Taberna las Comedias, good name

by Martin_S. Written Jun 30, 2008

Taberna las Comedias, Cordoba, Spain

Taberna las Comedias was a convenient stopping place as we busily walked the streets of Cordoba. We had no recomendations about here, it just looked "different", not quite so touristy as many of the other places in the old city. The service was VERY slow, but they did have a menu in English, which was unusual. This place is a series of interconnecting rooms, apparently they took several old homes and put doorways through from room to room...it was very noisy and I do mean NOISY.

Favorite Dish: We saw that they had Pallea, the local food that we wanted to sample and had not as yet so took a chance and ordered, Zohara took the chicken and I had the seafood. Sorry to say that, at least to our tastebuds, they were very poorly done. The seafood had almost NO seafood, only a few remnants and you COULD taste the rice......sampled Zohara's chicken and it was also not very tasty, it seems the chicken was not quite cooked....we did have an opportunity later in our trip to taste good Pallea so we did have something with which to compare. If you do end up in this restaurant, pass on the Pallea. Actually better yet, PASS on this restaurant, you have many more to choose from.

• Donrogelio's Profile Photo

Pizzaiolo: Great Food, Great Service

by Donrogelio Updated Jun 6, 2008

This restaurant has been in business since 1985 and holds the Guinness record for having the most extensive menu.
    There are two locations in town. We went to the restaurant on Brillante. The word pizzaiolo means pizza maker. but don't let the name fool you into thinking it serves only pizzas. My wife had a pork tenderloin and I had a creamy seafood black and white pasta. The garden salad was enough for two persons. The servings were ample and priced right. The personnel was so gracious that we went back in a second night and got royal treatment again, which made our stay in Cordoba very memorable.

And for those of you who have to stay connected, they have free wi-fi connection en the cafeteria section.

Favorite Dish: I was in need of pasta, so I loved the pasta dishes. I must say that many of the plates available were traditional Spanish dishes. It was not exclusively Italian.

• Donrogelio's Profile Photo

Mesón de las Flores: Tapas so close to the Mesquita

by Donrogelio Written Jun 5, 2008

Great Tapas place just up from the Mesquita. The place was packed on a showery afternoon. The two guys were prompt and courteous in getting the orders out.

Favorite Dish: All the tapas were good. We had the ensalada rusa (potato salad), and some dynamite albondigas and gazpacho.

• Singles

• Hopkid's Profile Photo

Bar Santos: The Best Tortilla de Espanola!

by Hopkid Updated Jun 2, 2008

Inside Bar Santos having a snack

This little tapas bar outside the northwest corner of the Mezquita grounds is very unassuming. But once inside you might notice framed newspaper clippings that praise the homemade tortilla de espanola made here. In Spain, a tortilla is not the same as what one thinks of when one mentions tortilla. In Spain, a tortilla is more of a potato and egg pie, kind of like a quiche depending on what ingredients are included. However it is a bit heavier than a quiche. Bar Santos' version is more potato-y but it's a kind of stiff creamy texture. And I'm not sure what is in it but it is very tasty indeed. I believe one order was 2,50 euro and one is enough to fill you up along with a plate of chorizo and a nice tinto y limon.

The chap working the bar was very nice as were the locals who came in, all ordering a slice of the tortilla casera!

Favorite Dish: Tortilla de espanola

• Architecture

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

TABERNA CASA BRAVO: TRADITIONAL SPANISH DISHES

by LoriPori Written Feb 21, 2008

Caberna Casa Bravo

Saturday, February 2, 2008
    After visiting the Alcazar, we were all getting pretty hungry, so Carmen started looking for a place to eat and we decided upon CABERNA CASA BRAVO. It was a small, but busy little place with nice atmosphere. We ordered 2 portions of Pinchitos which are small spicy Spanish Kebabs, a full portion of carnes (6.50 Euros) which was a plate of cubed pork in a sauce, one full portion of Patatas Bravo (8.50 Euros) which is sliced potatoes with ham & cheese, and a small dish of Salmorejo (3.75 Euros) - ( Recipe in Local Customs). Total Bill came to 33.95 Euros for four people.

• Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Taberma Los Palcos: best food ever

by Jawnuta Updated Dec 15, 2007

our meal

Restaurant is located few blocks from Mezquita (main atraction). It is located in an old RIAD, with marvelous courtyard where you can sit and have your meal.
    The chef, surprise, surprise is from El Salvador and ....well.... he really cooks great Andalusian food.

We would love to go to this restaurant in the future!!!!
    Once you go there....the taste of the food will stay with you forever.

Favorite Dish: Our favorites:
    1. Espinacas con garbanzos 1.90EUR -(Spinach with Garbanzo beans) looked like Andalusian sunflower fields we were passing on the highway.
    2. Salmorejo cordobes 1.90EUR - (Salmorejo soup, best place to get it, nobody makes it so good) looked like Andalusian dry soil, where the olive trees grow, with a nice, hot sun (an egg) smack in the middle
    3. Tomate Aliñao 1.90EUR - (just good, healthy tomatos and great oil) the red....color of the flamenco, bull fight, and hot Andalusian blood.

YUMMY!!!!!

• grovier's Profile Photo

Almudaina: A good restaurant

by grovier Written Dec 1, 2007

In an old palace with a patio, a very nice and good restaurant.
    Its the second time weget here for diner (first time in 2004) and its always good and the service is soft and smily...
    Over all, we were drinking an aperitive with my wife, at the bar -it was to early for dining- and some one near me remember that we were drinking with El Cordobes, the wellnone torero...A great moment...

Favorite Dish: Salmorejo, ajo blanco, ternera con setas...
    Very fine wines from Rioja and Ribeira de douro.

• TABERNA LA ESPARTERIA: ENJOY TRADITIONAL CUISINE

by sergcdb Written Sep 29, 2007

You can find home-made traditional Andalusian and Cordoban cuisine, including bull tail, gazpacho, delicious eggplants, croquettes, sirloin steak...

Don’t forget to try our origin denomination wines.

They have a traditional courtyard for 30 people.

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed eating gazpacho and bull tail!

Meson Bandolero: Good for Tapas

by karenincalifornia Updated Aug 8, 2007

Meson Bandolero, Cordoba, Spain

We had done a lot of sightseeing and it was too hot to keep going at it, but we had about 2 hours until dinner. Never mind that we were going to spoil out dinner, we went for tapas to fill up the afternoon. Meson Bandolero is a hotel/restaurant and is located across the street from the Mezquita. We ordered the tapas from the counter from a waiter who reminded me a bit of that bungling angel character played by Buck Henry in the movie "Heaven Can Wait".

It went something like this:

Buck tells us the names of the tapas items. We can't understand him. Nor can my Spanish speaking son. Must be something about the Cordoban dialect. We take our chances and point. Buck thinks we are pointing at something else. We point again, this time there should be no mistake. Again he thinks we are pointing to something else. We go through this exercise about 5 times. Finally, we all agree upon what we want to order.

Buck says "Medio o grande?" and holds up two different size dishes. We point to the smaller one and say "Medio, por favor." Buck looks at us very doubtfully, holds up the medio dish and says "Medio." We say "Si." He picks up the grande dish and says "Grande?" We say, "No, medio, por favor" and point to the medio bowl. He again picks up the medio dish, looks at us very, very skeptically, making us wonder if we are committing some major faux pas and says, "Medio." Not a question. Just a statement. We say "Si, medio, por favor." We go through this about 5 times, too and finally he motions to the table and tells us "Por favor, sientese".

We sit down and Buck brings us tapas we didn't think we ordered in grande dishes.

I want a second glass of wine, but my husband doesn't. I ask for uno copa de vino. Buck says "Dos?" I say, "No, uno, por favor." He points to us both and says "Uno?" I say, "No, uno copa solamente para mi." Buck says "Dos?" I say "No, uno, por favor". Buck says "Uno." Not a question. Just a statement. He leaves, comes back with two glasses of wine.

I give up.

Favorite Dish: The tapas, whatever it was that we ordered, was quite tasty. So were the 4 glasses of wine.

El Charrasco: Local Cordoban Specialties

by karenincalifornia Updated Aug 8, 2007

We had a delightful, delicious lunch at El Churassco Restaurante. The decor was charming and the food was delicious. My husband knew this was the place for him and soon as we walked in and he saw all the Iberian ham and sausage in the meat counter near the entry way.

Favorite Dish: This may sound strange, but I very much enjoyed the Gazpacho Blanco de Piñones. That is a cold white soup made from pine nuts. I understand it is a local speciality. It must be - I didn't see it anywhere else in Spain. I also liked the Manchego cheese plate (they gave us a lot). The rest of my family had fish and grilled meats and said all the food was very good. My husband liked the leche frita (fried cream) he ordered for dessert.

You know how when you travel, you have a few memorable meals, and then the rest kind of blend together? Well, this was one of those memorable meals. In a good way.

Reservations are advisable, but if you show up when they first open (1:00 pm for lunch or 8:00 pm for dinner), you should be able to get right in.

Almudaina: Another great find

by karenincalifornia Written Aug 8, 2007

Almudaina Restaurante, Cordoba, Spain

We had another memorable meal in Cordoba and that was at Almudaina Restaurant. The decor of Almudaina was very nice. It was located in an old residential house in the Juderia. The walls were brick and adorned with Cordoban dishes. The main room opened up to a high ceiling with a beautiful light fixture. Tables lined the walls on two levels.

Favorite Dish: The restaurant specialized in local Cordoban cooking. Everything was very good and beautifully presented. My family ordered fried calamari, solomillo (filet mignon), fish and shrimp, fish and vegetables. We could not stay for dessert because we were running out of time and needed to catch the last train back to Malaga, but they looked very good.

• lina112's Profile Photo

Bodegas Mezquita: Tapas

by lina112 Written Jul 2, 2007

Bodegas Mezquita

Is a fantastic place to have the traditional tapas and good wine or beer. There are lots of tapas to choose and wines with resonable prices. We had 1 tapa of the tipical salmorejo, a big portion of potatoes with alioli and another big portion of delicious ham croquette with a glass of fresh tinto de verano (red wine with lemon) and a bottle of water. We paid for all about 15 euros, not bad price.

Es un sitio fantastico para tomar tapas acompañados de un buen vino o una cerveza. Puedes elegir entre una gran selección de tapas y vinos a pecios razonables. Tomamos 1 tapa de salmorejo, otra de croquetas con bacalao, una ración granade de patatas con alioli y otra ración grande de croquetas con jamón y de beber un tinto de verano y una botella de agua. Por todo pagamos 15 euros que no está nada mal.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Córdoba

Comments

Córdoba Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Córdoba restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Córdoba sightseeing.