El Puerto de Santa María Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in El Puerto de Santa María

• solopes's Profile Photo

Da Massimo: Ice cream

by solopes Written Aug 21, 2014

Located in the main commercial street (Luna) this small place sells grilled yoghurt ice cream. The grill is only a quick performance to mix the flavours with the ice cream, in front of the clients, but the smiles of those watching the work continue after tasting, because... it tastes good.

Da Massimo - Puerto de Santa Maria Da Massimo - Puerto de Santa Maria

• solopes's Profile Photo

Romerijo: The local Eiffel tower

by solopes Written Aug 21, 2014

In most cities there are some places impossible to skip, so promoted that everybody needs to justify the mandatory report "I was there".
    In Puerto de Santa Maria, Romerijo is a big organization selling seafood, already spreading at (at least) three restaurants, where... everybody goes. We have been there.
    What can I say? Was it bad? No. Was it a great experience? No!
    It was just a good lunch, with lots of seafood in a few different ways.
    Imagination was not the suitable word to describe the menu, and, for our surprise, there was no dish with meat. So, only seafood lovers are wanted in place.
    The most remarkable thing was a desk where people could order the several kinds of seafood in any quantity, weighted to the dish, thus composing each one dishes to carry to the table.
    Maybe because of that, the service to the table was slow and confuse.
    Anyway, as I like seafood, I may say that it was a good lunch, not expensive, and a good way to fulfill the order - we were there!

Romerijo - Puerto de Santa Maria

• grovier's Profile Photo

Romerijo: Seafoods:

by grovier Written Nov 21, 2007

I saw so much elogious comments about this rrestaurant that We decide to come there for it...
    Disapointment is the good word. Of course it was not bad but all the products were not fresh, but "Iced" and cooked without imagination...

Favorite Dish: Shrimps ...as in many restaurant in Spain

• Seniors

• Non solo Pasta: Italian

by blint Updated Nov 1, 2007

Freshly made pasta and Pizza, the quality is very high here although the prices are reasonable!

The owner is from Frienze in Italy and is very friendly and if you are a good customer he will give you free drink.

There are actually two Non solo Pasta's in El Puerto, run by the same man. He started with just the one but as it was so successful...

Favorite Dish: My Favourite is the gnocchi with the spicy sauce. The chianti they have is very good too, as are all the Pizzas.

Too much sex blurs the vision

• balfor's Profile Photo

Hotel Duques de Medinaceli: Room service anyone?

by balfor Written May 17, 2006

After a long day of travel, going out into a strange town in search of sustenance seemed like a silly idea. We were in a 5 Star hotel were we not? Know what that means?

You guessed it.... ROOM SERVICE!!!

The food was top notch. Well, the steak was exactly how I liked it, not now I ordered it. Or at least it wasn't how I THOUGHT I ordered it. My spanish is a bit rusty so it's probably my fault.... *grin*

But other than that, everything was wonderful. :-)

I do apologize for being a bad VT'er and not taking pictures of the food. It was late, I was hungry and tired. The food was gone before I even thought about the camera.....

Favorite Dish: It had to have been the steak as that and the breakfast buffet was all I had while there. I must say, the breakfast was very nice as well!

• Luxury Travel

• Bar Plaza Colon: English Food

by blint Updated Nov 20, 2005

Bar Columbus in English is a small bar that is now only open 3 days a week in winter(Thurs, Fri, Sat). It is run by Bill and is affectionately known as Bill's bar by the many ex pat locals.

As Bill is an Englishman many of the Ex pats always end up here although there are plenty of Spanish clientele too.

See my Bar Colon nightlife tip to find out what else you can get up to here!

Favorite Dish: Try Bill's homemade Shepard's pie, curry, fishermans pie, hamburgers or other English delights or go for the more Spanish swordfish or other such fishy delights.

Winter mid week closure at Bill's

• Bar Curva: Somewhere to stuff your face on a night out

by blint Written Nov 20, 2005

I have spent many a night here drunk and in need of food. It's a great place to refuel before heading on or winding down the night!

Favorite Dish: Hotdogs , hamburgers, sandwiches and chips with another beer to wash it all down!

On the curve

• Bar Santa Maria: The Worst Spanish food in Town

by blint Written Nov 20, 2005

Bar Santa Maria located by the river in El Puerto de Santa Maria is a complete tourist trap and has terrible service, value and the never have anything you want on the menu. Don't come here if you fancy a coffee either because they don't even pretend to have that.

After waiting a good 30mins to be served the waiter took our order. When it arrived it wan't the soup I had ordered. Infact it wasn't even a soup at all. When I informed the waiter of this he told me that they didn't have any soup (I suddenly remembered I had been there once before and the same thing had happened). Well I ended up paying 7 euros for a small prawn cocktail. My boyfriends food was also bad value for money.

I'm sure the place only remains open because it looks nice and it has a great spot in front of the river with an outside patio.

Eating flowers would be a better dining experience

• Meson del Asador: The Best Spanish food in town

by blint Written Nov 20, 2005

The warm atmosphere always reminds me of Christmas. You can have a drink or a tapas or enjoy a sit down meal all for a very reasonable price.

What I like more about this place is that it serves food from all over Spain and not just Andalucia. So this means a lot of what they serves is fuller in flavour and perfect in winter.

Remember if you are planning to go in summer it gets absolutely packed so as they don't take reservations (for they know it will fill up) it is best to arrive well before 10 when the Spanish people start to have dinner.

You can order large skewers of kababs or your own personal little grill to cook your own food just they way you like it!

Most of the dishes are meaty or fishy but there are a few things vegetarians can try.

Favorite Dish: Tapas: Patatas Bravas (Roast potatoes with a spicy sauce)

Sitdown meal: Solomillo de Buey con salsa de pimienta (Ox loin with pepper sauce).

Also try the Morcilla (black pudding) as a tapas or as part of a sitdown meal.

Meson

• Teleswarma: Greek/Lebanese

by blint Written Nov 20, 2005

Despite the name, this restaurant serves really good Greek or Lebanese food. The owners are a married couple; he is Lebanese and she is Greek. The owners are really friendly and he is multilingual (French, English, Arabic and possibly more) . It’s a great mix and a wonderful atmosphere.

A complete meal for two usual costs about 40 euros.

Favorite Dish: I always have the Falafel to start and then the Malfuf. To drink I always order the Greek red wine (my favourite is something like Makadonia) it is so light and fruity. You can also try the Arabic deserts they have to offer (they’re great).

Sheba on La Puntilla(nothing to do with food!)

• Zapata: MEXICANOOOOOOO

by blint Written Nov 19, 2005

The best thing about this restaurant is the frozen Sangria or Margaritas. The food is cheap with ample portions. The atmosphere is great though you have to ignore the mariachi music. The service can be slow but that's normal for Spain. The staff are all south Americans, though not necessarily Mexican!

In Summer you sit outside in the gardens which is my favourite time of year.

Everytime I go to El Puerto we go to the Mexican; it has become our tradition. This place holds such good memories for me!

They are now opening a branch in Cadiz city too which is on the main road as you come into Cadiz (at the cortadura end).

Favorite Dish: Burrito Normal con un cuenco de chipotle y jalepeños

Jamie, Felix and Carlos enjoying the Sangria!

• chagi1's Profile Photo

Restarurante Casa Flores: Great service, fresh fish!!!

by chagi1 Written Jun 1, 2005

We were searching for sometime for a great place to try the local seafood.. this was the place!!!
    The service is 5 star, the restaurant is cozy and comfortable.. the food.... AMAZING!!!
    There are several waiters looking after a single table, the staff is friendly and the menu offers a great variety.

Favorite Dish: We both had fish soups to begin with, my boyfriends was a broth with chunks of fish and veggies.. he LOVED it! My soup was a creamy seafood soup with bits of lobster and shrimp throughout.. my mouth waters just thinking of it!!
    The main course and dessert were equally as tasty.. a great experience!

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: El Puerto de Santa María

Comments

El Puerto de Santa María Restaurants

Reviews and photos of El Puerto de Santa María restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for El Puerto de Santa María sightseeing.

View all El Puerto de Santa María hotels