Estacar de la Duquesa Restaurants

Pork medallions in Malaga wine sauce
    by Ekaterinburg
    Sirloin steak in pepper sauce
    Texa BBQ Pizza

Most Recent Restaurants in Estacar de la Duquesa

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Charlie's American Pizza: Freshly baked pizza topped with local produce

by Ekaterinburg Updated Apr 27, 2007

'Charlie's American Pizza' is on the beachfront at Sabinillas, about a five- minute stroll along the seafront from Duquesa. Inside or out, eating here is quite an experience. Outside you have the beach and the sea just beside you, inside you have a traditional American diner theme, with massive comic strip illustrations framed on the walls. It transpired that these comic strips are the work of the owner who is also a graphic artist. This is a family run business with a really friendly atmosphere. Our food was served by Charlie himself, who is actually not American but Norwegian, although it's hard to tell this from his accent.

These pizzas were so good that I had to ask if there was a secret ingredient. The dough is baked nearby and the toppings are all made with fresh local produce. There are some starters and deserts available - I can personally vouch for the cheesy garlic bread - but the main focus here is on the ginormous, sinfully delicious pizzas.

Favorite Dish: I should point out that there are vegetarian and gluten free options available but my favourite was the meatiest of the many meaty varieties . This is theTexas BBQ pizza,which as well as the cheese, corn and tomato sauce has marinated beef, bacon AND chicken. The large size is pretty large but my husband and I polished off one of these between us and then had some Ben and Jerry's ice cream for desert. A bit self indulgent I suppose but if you can't relax and enjoy yourself on holidays then what's the point? At any rate,we were so full that we didn't eat dinner that evening, so it all balanced out in the end.

Texa BBQ Pizza Friendly service from Charlie himself His and hers - stars and stripes

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

San Rafael: Finally - A Real Spanish restaurant !

by Ekaterinburg Written Apr 27, 2007

In Puerto de la Duquesa finding a good Mexican or Chinese restaurant can be far easier then finding somewhere to sample some authentic Spanish cooking. One such place however is San Rafael, a km or two west of the port near Aldea Beach. It's quiet and low-key, someplace where good food in traditional surroundings takes precedence over loud music or flashy decor. Six of us had dinner there and initially I was a little alarmed by the prices of the main courses until I realised that these were specialities for two people. Roast suckling pig, Chateaubriand, lamb and seafood were some of these options but ultimately we all went with seperate dishes. My sister and her family eat here very frequently and find the quality of food and service consistently excellent.

Favorite Dish: I had pork medallions in Malaga wine sauce which was tasty, filling and unbelievably tender. The salmon was delicious also and the steaks were BIG. But the dish I enjoyed most was the Tapas we had to start with . Between six of us we ordered two double portions and couldn't finish what we got. The selection changes according to what's available on the night but we had a pork pate that I would happily have had a plate of for my main course; chorizo sausage; small pork sausages; black pudding; chicken and apple salad and little mouthwatering slivers of beef. Until this meal I had thought the whole concept of Tapas was over-rated but not any more. This was one culinary adventure that I thoroughly enjoyed.

The first photo is of the pork medallions, the second of the steak with pepper sauce.

Pork medallions in Malaga wine sauce Sirloin steak in pepper sauce

Instant Answers: Estacar de la Duquesa

Comments

Estacar de la Duquesa Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Estacar de la Duquesa restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Estacar de la Duquesa sightseeing.

View all Estacar de la Duquesa hotels