Estepona Restaurants

Ready for TV as the plates are laid out
    by Bwana_Brown
    The old hand-held camera trick
    Our breakfast arrangement

Best Rated Restaurants in Estepona

Heladería Italiana: Excellent ice creams - Excelentes helados

by spanishguy Updated Mar 7, 2006

Fountain at this square - Fuente de esta plaza

This is an excellent ice cream parlour. Actually it's not called "heladería italiana" but this is how it's well-know by the locals. The cafeteria is owned by an Italian family who made their own handycraft ice creams.

Esta es una excelente helader?a. Verdaderamente no se llama "heladería italiana", pero así es como se conoce entre la población. La cafetería pertenece a una familia italiana que hace sus propios helados artesanalmente.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Trader Vic's Mai-Tai Lounge: This was excellent!

by Bwana_Brown Updated May 28, 2009

Our dishes have arrived

There was not much happening in Estepona for restaurants on the evening of Christmas Day, but our B&B hosts mentioned that the nearby restaurants of Laguna Village (details in my 'General' tips) might offer us some hope. The Spanish tend to eat late anyway and we were actually a bit early in turning up at around 7 PM as we searched for any place at all that was open in the Village - it seemed that Trader Vic's was the only choice, so in we went.

Favorite Dish: It was not busy at all, in fact we ended up being their only customers, so service was quick! The prices did not look outrageous and I was in the mood for some nice international-flavoured food, so this place was suiting me to a tee. The Malayan Prawn Skewers with coconut lime dipping sauce (14 Euros) was my choice, while Sue opted for Beef To To hunks on wooden skewers to be finished on a flaming Hibachi delivered to our table (9.25 E) while her sister decided to go with Crab Rangoon consisting of crab meat and cream cheese folded into a wonton (also 9.25 E). A glass of red wine for me and white wines for the ladies brought the total bill with tip and taxes to 56 Euros. We all quite enjoyed our meal as we tried a few flavours from each of the plates but we soon got the impression that the staff would like us to move along so they could close the restaurant for the evening. They probably wanted to get back to their families to finish Christmas off, so that was OK with us - we had enjoyed our little extravaganza and were ready to retire to the B&B.

Chiringuitos: Delicious fried fish - "Pescaito" frito

by spanishguy Updated Feb 18, 2006

Chiringuito

There are local restaurants like that at every Costa del Sol town. Their speciality is the fried fish and even the "paella" (Spanish speciality of rice with meat, fish and seafood). This restaurants are located directly on the beach and it let them a special atmosphere. The main problem is that they are too crowed in summers, specialy at weekends.

Hay restaurantes locales como estos en cada ciudad de la Costa del Sol. Sus especialidades son el pescado frito e incluso la paella (especialidad española consistente en arroz con carne, pescado y marisco). Estos restaurantes están situados directamente en la playa, lo que les dá un ambiente especial. El principal problema es que están muy llenos en verano, especialmente los fines de semana.

Favorite Dish: I love the squid rings fried!

¡Me encantan los calamares fritos!

All of them - Todos: Marina - Puerto

by spanishguy Updated Feb 18, 2006

There are lot of international expensive restaurants here. There are Italians, Chineses, Thai, Irish...

Hay muchos restaurantes caros aquí. Los hay italianos, chinos, tailandeses, irlandeses...

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

B & B Casa Sol y Luna: Christmas Eve 'feast'

by Bwana_Brown Updated May 17, 2009

Ready for TV as the plates are laid out

Our drive from Cadiz had resulted in a late arrival at our B&B so, combined with the facts that it was Christmas Eve and we had already done enough driving for one day, we decided to just stay put and make ourselves a meal from the picnic supplies we always carried with us. We had a nice large dining room at our B&B available for our use and our hosts also had a variety of CD movies to choose from, so it seemed like a good idea.

Favorite Dish: In the end, our 8:30 PM meal consisted of a plate of ham, cheese and mayo on buns, some potatoe chips and slices of fresh Spanish oranges to go with a few glasses of red/white wine. I actually enjoyed our movie too - "Leaving Las Vegas" starring Nicolas Cage in a very realistic performance as an alcoholic that won him an Oscar!

Casa Sol y Luna: Very nice breakfasts

by Bwana_Brown Updated May 17, 2009

Our breakfast arrangement

Part of our B&B room rate included breakfasts and this view shows the set-up we had for breakfasts each morning (the far end of the room holds the TV and couch we used during our evening meal on our first night - also beside our bedroom door is another door leading out to the swimming pool). Beside the dining room table was a refrigerator and also a bar with an opening into the adjoining kitchen.

Favorite Dish: Every morning, our hosts had various types of jams available as well as bread ready for us to toast, to go with the hot water for tea or coffee. They also prepared hard-boiled eggs for us in the kitchen and also served up glasses of fresh orange juice. I even managed to find a bottle of hot Tabasco sauce to 'juice' my eggs up a bit!

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Bistro del Puerto: Seafood and Pizza

by Geoff_Wright Written Jan 13, 2004

Mary and Jaymes

There were several nice-looking restaurants along the seafront, by the Marina. As we were there in the late afternoon, in early March, most of them seemed quite empty of customers.

We chose tht Bistro del Puerto because it looked somewhat 'fresher' in appearance to some of the others, but I'm sure they were all very good places to eat.

• sugarpuff's Profile Photo

Mare Nostrum: Welcome to China.......in Spain!

by sugarpuff Written Jan 22, 2005

And here we go again!

Again, another Chnese restuarant. This one is situated more in the throng of things happening hence it being busier. I was actually having lunch in the restaurant next door to it so I thought I would take a photo!

If you like Chinese food and fancy something different when youre over in Spain, then I suggest you try this place. The food l;ooked quite tasty, and it seemed to have all the usual affair.

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Bistro del Puerto: Eat with a view

by Geoff_Wright Written Jan 13, 2004

Mary relaxing in the sunshine

Another view of the same restaurant. Mary is enjoying a cool lager, or was it orange? Haha.

Favorite Dish: We paid 8 Euros for a very good Pizza. With our drinks and whatever else it was we had, our bill for the three of us was 36 Euros (or US Dollars).

• sugarpuff's Profile Photo

Nuevo Mundo (new World): A home away from home!

by sugarpuff Written Jan 22, 2005

They get everywhere!

I haven't been here to eat I must admit because when you live in a country with Chinese food 24/7 right at your doorstep, you kind of steer away from it when you go on holiday! I just thought I would show this to let you know how very popular Chinese restaurants are in Spain. There are actually quite a lot of Chinese working up the coast, many of whom can only speak a little Spanish and who almost always find jobs in Chinese restaurants as chefs or waiters. I once had a job in Puerto Banus, a really expensive port another 30minute drive up from Estepona, and there were several Chinese there. I was working at a stall over the summer selling furniture from Asia and one guy always used to come by and say hello when he had time. He was a lovely Chinese man and we used to speak Chinese together which made him feel less homesick and helped me practice!

A somewhat useless piece of information for you, and slightly going off track from the main point....excuse me!

• Helen196's Profile Photo

Rayuela's: Rayuela's (Argentinian Restaurant)

by Helen196 Written Nov 3, 2005

This is a tiny, cosy restaurant tucked away just off Calle Real and Av'da San Lorenzo. The menu is extensive with plenty to chose from. Steaks, chicken, ham, fish, pasta and a small but varied wine list.

The waiter who was working when we visited was really friendly and helped my with my pronounciation of the menu (which he told me was more French than Spanish :lol:).

Favorite Dish: Argentinian Pasties - very tasty!!

Just be warned the main courses are HUGE servings so it might be an idea to share a starter if you have a smaller appetite!

bar Ibiza: OAP Seafood Special

by Helen196 Updated Oct 5, 2004

We love Ibiza, but this year couldn't afford to go. We laughed when we found this bar as we were walking through the town.

There seemed to be some old person's special going on as the bar was full of elderly people lapping up the Cruzcampo and getting loads of seafood bought to their tables. We stuck out like sore thumbs being the youngest people there.

Strangely we never saw the bar open again apart from that Sunday morning fish frenzy!

The Vines: Beautiful Location

Fountain

The Vines is run by a lovely English couple who've run restaurants in France and Spain before they came to Estpona. They serve up a mixture of International dishes so you're sure to find something you like on the menu.

You can eat outside if you like but we went inside where the decor is heavily influenced by the owners love of wine. if you have a question about any of the wines on the menu they will be able to answer you.

We shared a garlic mushroom starter which was lovely. I had the chicken in a mushroon sauce for my main course. It was creamy without being sickly and very more-ish! Chris had pork in honey and mustard sauce which again was delicious. You get a generous serving of roast potatoes and vegetables as well.

I had the cheesecake for dessert mmmmmmmmmm I was fit to burst afterwards!!

The vines is on the left of the picture with the awning and the tables & chairs outside

Restaurant Thailandes Bankok: Tasty Chinese

by Helen196 Updated Oct 5, 2004

I was a little dubious about eating chinese food in Europe as I've had a few poor meals in the past.

Bankok however, was one of the nicest meals of the holiday.

The restaurant itself is too brightly lit but that's probably the only bad point I could make.

The staff were lovely but we weren't sure whether to speak spanish or english to them so we settled for english.

We had salt & pepper ribs and wantons to start with. The ribs were a little disappointing as they were just little knobbly bits of rib with not much meat on them, but the salt & pepper coating they were in was very tasty.

For mains we had Crispy Beef, which is strips of deep fried beef with chillis and spring onions - quite spicy but not uncomfortably hot. We also had chicken with cashew nuts which came cooked in a rich sauce with loads of cashew nuts.

We made the mistake of ordering boiled rice for me and fried rice for Chris and it was far too much - only 1 rice would have been sufficient.

It's worth mentioning they do takeaway as well! I'm not sure they'd delivery all the way to my house though!

Robbies: Robbies

by Helen196 Updated Nov 3, 2005

Robbies front door

We visited Estepona again during July 2005, and ate at Robbies. I can heartily recommend it - it was a great dining experience!

Inside you are welcomed by smartly dressed waiters and Robbie himself who is a really nice Australian guy, who has lived in Spain for the past 35 years.

It's like entering a Hollywood Aladdins Cave - the walls are strewn with photos of film stars, and movie memorabilia. The furniture is a mish mash of fat, squishy sofas, opulent wooden thrones, and little stools, set around a huge art deco glass table. None of it should go together but somehow it all looks so good!!

The restaurant itself is sectioned off into different little areas, all air conditioned which is great as it's such a small place it could get a bit stuffy.

Favorite Dish: Sole with spinach and prawns - creamy but light, served with rice. A real melt in the mouth dish :-)

We chose the house wine Faustino VII which was georgous and only €10 per bottle which was great value!

I recommend you make the effort and visit Robbies - it's a little tricky to find, but if you have a street map you should be able to find it OK!

I will definately be going back to sample the rest of the menu :-)

NOVEMBER 2005 UPDATE
    We returned and enjoyed it so much we ate there twice!! I had the grilled sea bass and theother half had one of the steaks with caviar, blackberries and spinach wrapped in a pancake - sounds wierd but it was heavenly and the steak melted in your mouth!!

Instant Answers: Estepona

Comments

Estepona Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Estepona restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Estepona sightseeing.