Frigiliana Restaurants

• Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Frigiliana

• Restaurante Balcon de Frigiliana: Spanish and English Cuisine at its best

by photomanbrian Written Feb 28, 2012

We have visited several times and always found the food delicious. I had the set €10 lunch menu of poached salmon, braised rabbit and apple crumble for example. On Sunday we were delighted to find a live duo playing. The place was packed so this is a very popular feature.

The staff speak Spanish and English and can't do enough for you and Chef Peter is always willing to have a chat. The balcony from which the restaurant gets its name is a delightful outdoor patio with superb views of both the mountains and the sea down below past Malaga. Breathtaking!

Favorite Dish: From the A la Carte €20 menu, I especially enjoyed the stuffed chicken breast with prunes and blue cheese. Yummy!

• National/State Park
    • Photography

• La Esquina: Hidden Gem in the Pueblo

by peteandkaren Updated Feb 23, 2012

Located among the narrow streets of the Pueblo on Calle El Porton, opposite a well known Tapas Bar, La Esquina Veronica is a gem indeed. Seating outside on the terrace in the sunshine or deep inside in one of the oldest buildings of the town in the evenings, the food is both Spanish and French. We had the evening menu which was French and of superb quality. The presentation was imaginative, the palette cleansers superb, and the ambience at once Spanish, with a warm family run feel; and French, the chef is from the Loire Valley. We loved it and would say it compared very favourably with such giants in the town as Balcon.

Favorite Dish: Top dish for us would be the magret de Canard. superbly rich in flavour and served with peaches in wine along with swede and a delicious dressed salad.

• lina112's Profile Photo

Restaurante Virtudes: Coffee Time

by lina112 Updated Mar 10, 2011

We arrived to Frigiliana at 4 pm and we wanted to have a good coffee and our friend recommended us this restaurant. We had a coffee on the terrace and enjoyed the views that Frigiliana offers. I saw the menu and is very extensive and varied.

Llegamos a Frigiliana a eso de las 4 de la tarde y lo que nos apetecía era tomar un buen café y nuestra amiga nos recomendó este restaurante. Tomamos el café en la terraza que tienen y disfrutamos de las vistas del pueblo. Pude ver la carta y es muy extensa y variada.

• Photography

• ranger49's Profile Photo

La Bodeguilla: Traditional Cooking on the patio

by ranger49 Updated Jul 14, 2009

A hidden patio

We first found this restaurant by accident. Many were closed for annual holidays or day off or already full. But as we passed by a small opening, or passage way between two houses, with heard the chinks of cutlery and plates. We thought it might lead to a private back-yard but went to make sure. It did look like someone’s pretty little terrace but the people seated at the tables we clearly customers.
    We sat down at the only remaining table and a smiling middle aged woman came to serve us.. I wondered afterwards if she might have been a relative of Rosario who still runs the restaurant with the help of her sons.
    There was no written menu then and, nearly 20 years ago, our Spanish was a bit hit and miss. Our waitress spoke no English but we thinks she said her name was Agnes so for years we always referred to the restaurant as Agnes’ place. We had difficulty understanding her attempt to explain the menu so she pulled up a chair and drew pictures, mimed the action of stirring and mixing from to all of which we said Yes Please - in our best Spanish of course.
    We went back many times after that for real traditional Spanish homecooking . I haven’t seen Agnes for a while and the style and tone is somewhat smarter these days but for a good meal -we always went at lunchtime - it can’t be beaten.
    For the family a look at the website tells what a success the family have made of this and their other nearby estblishment - abajo.

Favorite Dish: We loved the guisado -casserole/stew like dishes full of flavour and served with fresh vegetable. Equally good were the grilled fish and meats and salads . Best of all we enjoyed the friendly, family atmosphere of a meal there.

• ranger49's Profile Photo

The Garden Restaurant: The view from the Terrace

by ranger49 Updated Jul 14, 2009

This is another long established Frigiliana restaurant that consistently serves good food with a good choice on the menu.
    It continues to attract returning customers year after year and though I think it has moved a bit upmarket, still offers very good value - and an incomparable location.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

LA BODEGUILLA: TRADITIONAL SPANISH DISHES

by LoriPori Updated Feb 17, 2008

Lori Stace Carmen Rosa Sandra Isa

As we were getting hungry, Carmen, Stace, Hans & I along with Sandra, Isa and Rosa, started looking for a place to eat. It was getting close to 3:00 p.m. when most restaurants close for the afternoon. We luckily got into LA BODEGUILLA" just in time before they closed.
    We ordered tradional Spanish dishes. Actually I don't even remember the names of the dishes as they were in Spanish. Hans and I had a dish with pieces of pork and patatas and a side of salad. We all had flan for dessert.

• spanishguy's Profile Photo

I don't remember :-(: To eat with a nice view -Con buenas vistas

by spanishguy Updated Feb 18, 2006

You can see the tables above the park

After our stroll we was searching for a nice place to eat and we decided to go to a restaurant up stairs the botanical garden. It has a terrace with lemon trees and the view is fantastic: the new town, the botanical garden, the mountains and the Mediterranean Sea

Tras nuestro paseo buscamos un restaurante que estuviera bien para comer y decidimos ir a uno que está subiendo por las escaleras del jardín botánico. Tiene una terraza con limoneros y la vista es fantástica: la ciudad nueva, el jardín botánico, las montañas y el mar Mediterraneo.

Favorite Dish: There are a lot of dishes to choose, including the local specialities, as "migas" (fried breadcrubs) with eggs and meat. We chose some different kind of meat and it was so good. In addition the plateful was big enough to ask just for one of them!

Hay una gran variedad de platos entre los que elegir, incluyendo las especialidades locales como las "migas" con huevos y carne. Nosotros elegimos algunas clases diferentes de carnes que estuvieron muy bien. Además las porciones eran suficientemente grandes como para pedir tan sólo un plato.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Restaurante La Bodeguila: Very nice cozy restaurant ,homestyle cooking.

Restaurant sign.

This was almost like you were in someone's
    out door patio, we walked through this hallway with a wooden beam roof and a beautiful wooden door then we get to a little patio in between white houses and there is this great little outdoor restaurant I'll show in my next picture what the wall we looked at when we had our lunch/dinner looked like it was just beautiful small a bit cramped but that made it cozy and wonderful.

Favorite Dish: I will put up a picture of the menu ,It has the prizes on the menu .
    I recommend this restaurant it was very nice and prized reasonable.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Restaurante La Bodeguila.: An outdoor restaurant with a great menu.

Now that is foodddd

Favorite Dish: Carne on Adobo or Marinated Pork Cubes .
    Good ,a plate full off Pork Meat cut up with home made potatoes, onions and variety of vegetables.
    That was my plate , I think the others had Chicken and Entrecote for Stace
    I was tooo hungry and too busy to really notice what they had hehe.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Restaurante La Bodeguila.: A nice restaurant with a great menu.

by Waalewiener Written Mar 19, 2004

Restaurant Menu

Well I might as well show you the menu ,I took a picture of the menu and everytthing is under 6 euros which is pretty reasonable.I am not sure about the entrecote does it say
    5 .50 E or 8.50 E ,I can't tell even with my glasses on.

la Bodeguilla Menu

see the menu???

See the menu here, prices are great... My recommendation: el combinado ....

Some typical dishes are:

Choto frito
    AJOBLANCO, a garlic cold soup, GAZPACHO a vegetable cold soup and also another warm soup of vegetables that I am not sure of the name.
    Migas, papas a lo pobre

And more …..

La bodeguilla street

great views

Originally was a women cooking for tourist on her kitchen, and if you go to this bodeguilla, you will see that they still cook in their kitchen, but now all family helps in the service, and you have to go inside the house to pay the bill...

You find there all kind of tourists mixed with all the locals... from all ages...

La Bodeguilla

by Carmela71 Updated Jan 30, 2004

Stace enjoying the traditional dishes

Ok, I may not have gone to the tourist ones overlooking wonderful views... but this place it is a classic for the people that live there.

The first time I went here was in the 93 and I was introduce by my housemate that was from Frigiliana, (regards Fernando!)

It is great food here, seriously ... go inside the church.... and get there... in the little inside square...

• kucha's Profile Photo

El Mirador: Views from the Top

by kucha Written Sep 7, 2005

A View from Above Frigiliana

Great Andalusian food and very friendly staff. You can't beat the views of whitewashed buildings overlooking the blue Mediterranean as you sit outside under umbrealls on this lovely terrace!

Restaurante La Bodeguila.: The flowered wall in this outdoor restaurant

We are readyyyy

I want to show you why this restaurant was soo nice the plants and flowers were everywhere and it really had a wonderful ambience in this outdoor restaurant.

Instant Answers: Frigiliana

Comments

Frigiliana Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Frigiliana restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Frigiliana sightseeing.