Fuengirola Sports & Outdoors

• Elibra's Profile Photo

Horseriding at Costa del Sol

by Elibra Written Nov 27, 2004
    Me and the horse

I was picked up in Fuengirola by a very nice man called Freddy. We drove to Torremolinos and picked up two more on our way. Since I was going to ride with a lady and her boy, who never had ride before, it had to be a easy trip without trotting and gallop. I was a bit disappointed at first, becase I thought it would be a bit boring for me. But Freddy had an idea! The three of us and the guide started riding, when we were about halfway, Freddy catch up on us. He and I rode for a while by ourself so I could go a little faster than rest of the group. :) It was great! I had beautiful horse! It was a bit unusaually to ride westernstyle, but it went well. The trip lasted for about 1,5hours. The only downside was that the nature could have been much nicer! The ranch lies not far from the city and we had to ride past hotels, streets and things like that. But the horses and people were just great! The price was about 30 euro. I strongly recomand that you take the trip in the morning, because the sun will be really strong after 12.00.

Equipment: You don't need to bring any equipment. The only thing you should make sure of, is that you have proper shoes. Joggingshoes is OK. A ridinghelmet can be barrowed at the center.

• Horse Riding

• Elibra's Profile Photo

Scuba diving in Mediterranean Sea

by Elibra Updated Nov 26, 2004
    Diving is great!

I don't have a divers licence, but when I visited Australia I had three test dives and it sure gave me the taste for more! So when I had the opportunity to try it again, I just couldn't resist it.

When you go under water it is like a whole other world. It is so peaceful and quiet... Full og colors and funny creatures. Unfortunately we couldn't go to the best dive sites (because we didn't had a licence), but still it was great!

At first we had a theorycourse. It was little about the equipment and how to use it right, what to do and what NOT to do under water, signals and general info. After that we got our equipment (the rent was included in the price) and head of to the water! We had some activitys just for training and when everybody was ready we went for our "real" dive.

The dive itself was great! We where under for about 35 minute and the max depth was about 8 meters. Actually I was a bit disappointed, but that is only because I compare it to the best divesite in the world, Great Barrier Reef! On our time under water we saw a lot of fish, seacucumber and we got to pet a octopus! That was really special!

Well, for anyone who hasn't dived yet - Go do it when your first chance come along! I bet my fingers on that you will love it (don't take that literaly :)

Equipment: Just bring something you can bath in and feels comfortable when you swim. The rest of the equipment (flippers, wetsuit, shoes and everything else you will be needing) you will get there (it is in the price).

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Water Sports
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Fuengirola

Comments

Fuengirola Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Fuengirola sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fuengirola sightseeing.