Fuengirola Tourist Traps

• Tourist Traps
    by LoriPori

Best Rated Tourist Traps in Fuengirola

• angelab_nyc's Profile Photo

The marina area for dining

by angelab_nyc Written Oct 5, 2003

Its where all the bars are so its where all the tourists are. The restaurants are weak...walk away from the paseo to discover some smaller restaurants hidden on the back streets. Overall Fuengirola is a very developed beach resort town so there really is no avoiding the tourist-trap syndrome.

Unique Suggestions: Have a cold beer or ask for a nice glass of wine and chat up the tourists sitting next to you!

• tenerifejohn's Profile Photo

The Time Share Tout

by tenerifejohn Written Mar 31, 2006

yes they are lurking in the undergrowth and as soon as you step out of your hotel you can hear their cry "Are you British". The timeshare tout or holiday representative is alive and kicking in Fuerengirola. They have other cries which you should be aware of as they try to disguise themselves. Yes here we have the ultimate cameleon.
    "I am not trying to sell you anything" which means of course they are.
    When you say a polite NO THANKYOU - their response might be "Oh are you timeshare owners or time share moaners".
    Now I know we can get a spray for the mozzies and odd cockroach but will somebody please come up with a timesharetout spray?
    I don't know what it is about thes people - they don't understand the words NO thankyou.
    I don't know whether is the "N" or the "O" that confuses them.
    Do not engage in any form of communication, eye to eye contact or they will strike like the proverbial cobra.

Unique Suggestions: The best way to avoid them is total ignorance - its the only language they understand.

Fun Alternatives: The timeshare tout has all the answers and I have read the manual.
    "Oh would you rather I was at home claiming the dole?" - don't answer they probably are.
    "Oh I am only trying to make an honest buck" - somehow timeshare and honest dont sit very comfortably together in my book.
    Best say NO THANK YOU and continue walking.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

ALWAYS COUNT YOUR CHANGE

by LoriPori Updated Feb 28, 2010

Update: February 20, 2010
    Took the train to Fuengirola as I wanted to go to the Saturday Flea Market at the Feria - fairgrounds. It is a short walk from the train station to the fairgrounds.
    The price was 3,10 Euro per person return.
    At the ticket booth in Torremolinos I asked for "dos - returno - Fuengirola". It came to 6,20 Euro for the both of us. I looked at my change and there was only 2,80 Euro there. I showed the ticket guy my change and told him he shortchanged me a Euro. He apologized and gave me the Euro owing to me. Mistake?? I think not. I'm absolutely positive, if I had not noticed, he would have put the Euro in his own pocket. Not very nice. So for others - count your change in front of the ticket person.

Instant Answers: Fuengirola

Comments

Fuengirola Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Fuengirola tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fuengirola sightseeing.