Fuengirola Transportation

• Transportation
    by LoriPori
    Train stop at Los Boliches
    by LoriPori
    The train station at Fuengirola.
    by Regina1965

Most Recent Transportation in Fuengirola

• PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

Air Berlin

by PeterVancouver Updated Apr 11, 2012

A somewhat unconventional route from our home in Vancouver Canada to Malaga for our trip to Fuengirola was to travel on Air Berlin.

The service we received on the flights were at least as good as the more conventional carriers from Vancouver, such as British airways or Air Canada and conciderably less expensive.

The flight out of Vancouver in August 2011 was on time at the civilised time of 14.00hrs as was arrival at 08.00 in Dusseldorf the next day. Customs clearence for EU was simple in Germany and arriving at the next gate, we boarded the flight to Malaga without delay arriving at 11.ooam.

Both flights were as good, if not better than the major carriers as was the food and drink service all included within the ticket price with identical leg room as BA or AC with whom we would have also had to change aircraft to get to Malaga from Vancouver.

It is really important to have made a car reaservation at Malaga airport in advance of arrival, as August being the height of holidays in Spain, there was easily a hundred people lining up at the dozen or so desks to get keys which was a bit frustrating after having been travelling for almost 15 hours

TRAVEL IN SPAIN BY TRAIN

by LoriPori Updated Feb 28, 2010

Train to Fuengirola

As Hans and I did not rent a car, we got pretty good at taking the train. We used it a few times and found it quick, easy and inexpensive. The day we went to Fuengirola, we took the local bus in Torremolinos, which brought us to the bus depot and the train station is a short two block walk from there. The train departed quite often, I think it was every half hour and the price was 1.70 Euro per person, one way. Can't beat it.

Update: February 20, 2010
    Took the train to Fuengirola as I wanted to go to the Saturday Flea Market at the Feria - fairgrounds. It is a short walk from the train station to the fairgrounds.
    The price was 3,10 Euro per person return.
    At the ticket booth in Torremolinos I asked for "dos - returno - Fuengirola". It came to 6,20 Euro for the both of us. I looked at my change and there was only 2,80 Euro there. I showed the ticket guy my change and told him he shortchanged me a Euro. He apologized and gave me the Euro owing to me. Mistake?? I think not. I'm absolutely positive, if I had not noticed, he would have put the Euro in his own pocket. Not very nice. So for others - count your change in front of the ticket person.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

The train from Malaga to Fuengirola.

by Regina1965 Written Oct 21, 2009

The train station at Fuengirola.

There is a train running from Malaga to Fuengirola every half an hour. Fuengirola is the final station and from there the train returns back to Malaga. It is a cheap and fast way to travel. I used this train a lot as I love Fuengirola. The train is modern, clean and there is a security guard on-board so you feel very safe. There were incidents some time ago of people being robbed on the train, thus the security guard on-board.

The train has got many stops including Torremolinos and a round-trip from Fuengirola to Torremolinos costs 1,80 euros so it is a very cheap way to travel.

You can get a train timetable at the Information center in Fuengirola. The train station is at the junction of Avenida Juan Gomez "Juanito" and Paseo Jesus Santos Rein in the very center of Fuengirola.

The trains in Spain are called Renfe.

• jeni1980's Profile Photo

airport to fuengirola in a couple of stops!

by jeni1980 Written Apr 25, 2007

the train from the airport to fuengirola is sooooooooo easy to use! im a bit of a scardy cat when it comes to public transport in foreign countries but this is fab! the station is a 2 minute walk across from arrivals and theres a machine to get your ticket from (we had to pay on the train as the machine was broken).
    fuengirola is the last stop so you cant even miss it!

Renfe

renfe

There are too train service from Málaga train station stopping on Málaga airport, Torremolinos, Arroyo de la Miel and finally arriving on Fuengirola. It takes about 30 minutes and is a very nice trip.

• Architecture

Portillo

by lina112 Written Aug 24, 2006

There are frecuently bus service from Málaga bus station to Fuengirola, it takes about 40 minutes it cost about 2 euros per trip and stops on Torremolinos, Benalmadena and Arroyo de la Miel. If you want to pay a bit more you can take the direct bus, no stop.

• Spa and Resort

Driving

by lina112 Written Aug 24, 2006

Arrive to Fuengirola is very easy. If you´re driving from Málaga just take the A-7 or Nac 340 in the direction to Cádiz and follow the signs Fuengirola, the trip takes about 30-40 minutes from Málaga.

• Spa and Resort
    • Architecture

• Portillo bus service

by MiguelPS2112 Written Nov 22, 2005

Well let me advise you that this service is not very good between Marbella and Fuengirola, because it hardly never follows the time schedule. The problem is that its the only public transport between these two cities apart from taxies (but these are way too expensive). Apart from this its a good wat to go to Malaga or further away Cities.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• LisaMJ's Profile Photo

Transfer from airport

by LisaMJ Written May 26, 2005

Front of Beatriz Hotel & Spa

Upon arrival at Malaga airport, you will find several taxis at the ready as you exit the main airport.

As we booked this holiday independantly, we needed transport to our hotel in Fuengirola.

Be prepared to bargain! We found a cab an asked how much the cost if to our hotel, "30 euros " he said. "Fine" we said. Then he changed it to 40 euros! We told him to forget it and went to get another cab, until he said he "ok ok, 30 euros". I guess he thought we looked a bit green until we walked off!

This seemed about the right price though - it was a good 15-20 minute drive.

Alternatively, you can get th train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola centre, and then a cab from Fuengirola centre to your hotel, which in our case would have been appx. 8 euros.

As for transport in the general area or to go into Fuengirola, the hotel will have to call you a taxi and then you wait outside the front of the hotel. Ask them to drop you int he centre of Fuengirola and you'll be dropped just off the main square.

TRAIN STATION

by LoriPori Updated May 10, 2005

Train Station

Fuengirola's TRAIN STATION is in an excellent location. Across the street you will find the Plaza de la Constitucion with the lovely Our Lady of the Rosary Church dominating the square. All around are many shops, restaurants, banks and bars. When you exit to the left of the train station and walk a few blocks, you will find the "Feria" or Fairground, where the Flea Market is held on Saturdays and the Market on Tuesdays.

TOURIST TRAIN

by LoriPori Updated May 10, 2005

Tourist Train

A fun way to see Fuengirola is on the "TREN TURISTICO" TOURIST TRAIN. You can get on the Train at the "ESTACION DE TREN" near the Hotel Pyr. It takes you from Los Boliches, the centre of Fuengirola, to Torreblanca, the end of Fuengirola. I believe the cost is around 4 Euros.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Flying in

by mvtouring Written Apr 29, 2004

Meeting friends

I found that flying into Malaga airport and then renting a car to get to your destination the best thing to do. The airport is nice and very easy to meet people if some of your party are arriving at a later date than you. Also if you use the charter flights from London it works out very cheap.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

There is a very good Bus system in Costa del Sol.

by Waalewiener Updated Mar 11, 2004

Bus station in Fuengirola.

The Bus system is good and very reasonable prices in the Costa del Sol , when you arrive in Malaga by plane you have an option train or bus , the train goes only up to Fuengirola but the busses go much further.There are schedules in every bus station ,to see one such schedule I will have a link to the page of diageva (Eva) ,Eva has a bus schedule in one of her travelogues.
    bus schedule Fuengirola

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Mini Train driving showing you around Fuengirola.

by Waalewiener Updated Mar 10, 2004

Mini Train

An pleasant route in the minitrain by the corners of the city of Fuengirola. (duration 30 minutes).

This train will take you along the Marina , Bullring, House of the Culture, Fairground, the Bowling alleys, Roman Monument and of return to the Marine Stroll.
    You can find this train on the boulevard near the Marina .The cost of the ride is about 3 euros.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

A very good train runs from Malaga to Fuengirola.

by Waalewiener Written Mar 4, 2004

Train arriving.

There is a very good train service from Malaga airport to Fuengirola on the coast of Costa del Sol , Fuengirola ,there is not much between Malaga and Torremolinos (this is where we stayed),and it will take a quick 10 minutes or so to Torremolinos from Malaga ,then the train will go on to Fuengirola where it will end , there is not yet a train running from Fuengirola to Marbella which is too bad.The trip from Malaga to Fuengirola will take 29 minutes (it is very accurate).The cost is minimal in my opinion ,I paid 1.65 from Torremolinos to Fuengirola and this was for a return trip ,so maybe double that for a return trip from Malaga to Fuengirola I think is very reasonable.To find the trainstation at Malaga Airport look for a Red painted circle symbol with a whit painted C in side red circle.

Instant Answers: Fuengirola

Comments

Fuengirola Transportation

Reviews and photos of Fuengirola transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fuengirola sightseeing.