Fuengirola Warnings and Dangers

by Dutchman76

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Fuengirola

• Girl gangs

by TheDaiLlew Written May 12, 2012

Just got back from 5 nights in Fuengirola on a stag do. Not the classiest of resorts, but in that respect you get pretty much what you expect, ie. British pubs and cafes, lots of "Lucky Lucky" men hawking "Ray Berry" sunglasses, fake Rolex watches, and wooden elephants, and cheap San Miguel.

What surprised us most of all were the African girl-gangs (mostly from Senegal or Ivory Coast) patrolling the main drag through Fuengirola at night, usually from around 11pm on. They pose as prostitutes, propositioning gangs of men, and men on their own, but - as far as we could make out - were mostly pickpockets. They operate in gangs of 4 or 5, and as soon as one or more of them gets a man away on his own, they'll take everything they can - wallet, cash, phone, camera.

There are some great restaurants in Fuengirola - great little cafes down on the harbour, a cracking Argentinian steakhouse in the town itself - and the water park and castle are both fun, so it's worth visiting, but be sure to have your wits about you. If you're staying there, put most of your belongings in a safe, and don't leave your hotel with more money than you can afford to lose!

• Singles
    • Seniors

• Assault

by 7719cdj Written Dec 15, 2009

In summer 2007 I was victim of a violent assault. I was threatened with a glass, punched, kicked, had my head kicked and chased down the road.

Basically they kept asking for money, i'd spent all my money and my wallet was in the flat. They didn't belive me even after I turned out my pockets and showed them I had no money. They just kept on and on......

I've been going there now since the late 80's and NEVER experienced anything like it.

Also our flat has been broken into TWICE my family were pepper sprayed as they were coming back.

I would AVOID Fuengirola at all costs You're much better off staying in more off the beaten track areas. I think the situation there will be worse now with increased levels of unemployment.

When I did go and see the police, they were un interested. EVEN THOUGH, there were police round the corner from the club!

i'll repeat it again STAY AWAY from the place!

• School Holidays
    • Singles

• Trinket-Touts

by Parishman Written May 21, 2009

There is a significant number of immigrant trinket-touts: with armfuls (armsful?) of watches, or sunglasses, or 10 hats on their head, or carrying a load of shopping/evening bags.

They are polite, but quite insistent. As soon as you settle down for a quiet drink, they appear out of the woodwork

• Dutchman76's Profile Photo

Time share scam

by Dutchman76 Written Mar 29, 2005

Harbor in Fuengirola

At the market on Sunday there are people when you enter the market that want to enter you in a free scratch lottery.
    And guess what, you won!!!
    They put you in a taxi and drive you to a place to collect you price.
    Don't get in the taxi, its a scam to get you to a place where thy presure you to signup for timeshare

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Fuengirola

Comments

Fuengirola Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Fuengirola warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fuengirola sightseeing.