SACROMONTE, Granada

Know about this? Rate It!

• SACROMONTE
    by queenlivia
  • A House lined with Pots in the Sacromonte
    A House lined with Pots in the...
    by lareina
    Sacromente and Alhambra
    by suvanki
  • suvanki's Profile Photo

Sacromente

by suvanki Updated Nov 5, 2007

Guitarist, Sacromente

Apart from visiting the gypsy caves/ bars/ restaurants/ museum, which are quite interesting- it is nice to wander around the area, and listen out, or watch for other things.

I arrived in Sacromente to find that the museum was closed, so I had a refreshing beer in one of the restaurants, and caught an impromptu session of a female playing the drums- I'm afraid she was quite embarrased that I'd caught her playing, and as soon as she spotted me she stopped.

As I was wandering around Sacromento, I heard a few musicians playing guitar, in their gardens or houses, I also heard a few singers practising. So I just sat quietly on the nearby steps and listened, and enjoyed!

Hopefully next time I visit, I'll hear a full performance, but these 'snatched' sessions really made my holiday.

Just before I returned to my hostal to collect my luggage, I heard this guitarist playing a typical Classical Spanish guitar tune- One of my favourite memories of my short holiday!

• Music
    • Business Travel

• lareina's Profile Photo

Explore the Sacromonte

by lareina Written Apr 20, 2004

A House lined with Pots in the Sacromonte

Wander through the Albacin and up Camino del Sacromonte to take in a different area of Granada. Let your eyes be blinded by the sun reflecting off of the whitewashed walls and let your feet wander through narrow streets. The further you wander, the more countryside becomes visible. And if you become tired, it is only about thirty minutes to walk back to the bustle of Plaza Nueva and get yourself some tapas.

• Svitata's Profile Photo

Sacromonte - Cave house barrio

by Svitata Written Feb 25, 2003

This is one place where people will usually miss. Granada city itself still has some cave dwellings, and these units are located in Sacromonte. It is accessible by car or on foot. Just follow the road from Albaicin leading up to Sacromonte. It's a lovely area, and you can see the Alhambra from another vantage point.

• Hiking and Walking

• si04530's Profile Photo

Bario Sacromonte. It is...

by si04530 Written Aug 26, 2002

Bario Sacromonte. It is tucked away in a corner of Granada but the views from the top are incredible. I would suggest taking the bus to the top and then walking down ... although that is no mean feat as it is steep.

Instant Answers: Granada