Places to eat in Granada

by brigit0815
    by brigit0815

Most Viewed Restaurants in Granada

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Restaurant in the Alixares Hotel (Alhambra): Good lunch before going to Alhambra

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Apr 20, 2014

The restaurant is located close to Carmen de los Martires Gardens, Alhambra, and Palacio de Generalife. Also nearby are Plaza Nueva and Mirador de San Nicolas.
    You can not only to eat (buffet = 13 Euros) but listen to the folk music!

You can watch my 4 min 43 sec about Video Granada Alhambra Alixares restaurant out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

Restaurant in the Alixares Hotel (Alhambra) Restaurant in the Alixares Hotel (Alhambra) Restaurant in the Alixares Hotel (Alhambra) Restaurant in the Alixares Hotel (Alhambra) Restaurant in the Alixares Hotel (Alhambra)

• leics's Profile Photo

Cerveceria La Abadia: Simple and pleasant, with good food......

by leics Written Mar 15, 2014

Calle Navas is lined with tapas bars and restaurantes of all types a narrow street busy with visitors even in mid-February (and with the same sobbing old man I'd seen begging outside the cathedral earlier in the day). Goodness knows how I ended up there...it's not my sort of place at all and I imagine it must be a nightmare in season, when no doubt the rose-sellers and the hustlers make their appearance as well.

I wandered along, just checking out prices and dishes and menus del dias as i went and eventually came to a small bar which looked quiet. 'Time for a beer', I thought....and then the medu del dia caught my eye. It was very reasonably-priced at 9 euro ,with a choice of two courses. I decided on a salad starter (I felt the need for some veggies) and chose the 'plato Alpujarrena' (not sure about that spelling) as my main because the other dishes on offer weren't Spanish. The Alpujarra is the Andalucian region which includes the provinces of Granada and Almeria.

The interior is simple, clean and pleasant with small tiled tables which the barman (whom I now know is the owner) moved about as required to accommodate parties of various sizes. He was lovely...smiley, friendly and providing very good service.

The salad starter was large, with delicious tomato slices and a sprinkling of tuna. A basket of bread chunks arrived, along with a chunk of tortilla...the free tapa which went with my beer. The 'plato Alpujarrena' turned out to be, in effect, a Spanish version of a 'full English': chorizo sausage, blood sausage (smelling very gamey but tasting wonderful and not gamey at all), ham and fried potatoes topped with a fried egg. It really was very tasty indeed, and very well-cooked (apparently this place has the only coal grill in Granada) but too much for me. The barman/owner was so nice that I felt a bit guilty about not clearing my plate, so I secreted the remains of the chorizo in my handbag for later disposal.

My bill, including a cana of draft beer, came to 12.90 euro. Interestingly, the receipt is entitled 'Teteria Palacio Nasrid' (Nasrid tea-room) but we'll let that pass......... :-)

Several locals came in whilst I was eating, greeting the owner by name, their greeting being reciprocated and much jolly chatting ensuing. I wonder if it's a popular stopping-off point for guys on their way back from work, seeking a pint and a tapa before going home? It felt like that sort of place.

Anyway, I thought this was a very good value place to eat a meal or have tapas, regardless of its location. Definitely worth seeking it out if you're in that area, I think.

Open noon to midnight, Visa and Mastercard accepted.

Plato Alpujarrena Starter salad Interior Exterior

• leics's Profile Photo

Restaurante Al Jaima: Moroccan...............

by leics Written Mar 15, 2014

Hmmmm.

It had poured all day. I was chilled, tired and simply wanted something to eat before bed. My hotel was within a few minutes' walk of the area of Albayzin known (to some) as 'Little Morocco', and I'd passed this place on my way back from my soggy explorations. It was dimly but adequately lit, comfortable with multiple cushioned benches and stools set in its several separate seating areas, its walls swathed with colourful fabrics and carpets , its small tables occupied by many people (mostly Spanish, I discovered) enjoying their tea (there is a huge variety of fruit and herb teas on offer) and, occasionally, shisha pipes.

Signs told me it served food as well, and that included a 'menu del dia' at a reasonable-enough price of 9 euro. I wasn't fussy and just wanted something to eat, so in I went.

The food was very good indeed....I chose the falafel, followed buy chicken tagine, with a Moroccan pastry as dessert. That's all the menu del dia includes (there are four menu del dia options)...you pay extra for bread and drinks. I had a bottle of water and a cafe solo. There's no alcohol, of course, and the meat is halal.

I liked the ambience very much, I liked the food (although eating it from a low table when sitting on a bench wasn't very comfortable) but I wasn't very keen on the service. The waiter was, basically, pretty disinterested and simply nowhere to be seem for much of the time. I eventually got fed up of waiting to order a coffee and managed to ask him for my bill. He tried to just tell me how much it was, but I felt a bit tetchy by then and insisted on a receipt, so he stomped off to ring the items into the till. Perhaps I'd just visited on a bad day?

My 9 euro meal came to 15.40 euro once water and coffee were factored in...still good value, considering the quality of the food.

This restaurant is one of three Moroccan restaurants in the immediate area all owned by the same company (Grupo Meknes Rahma). One is 100% vegetarian, the other offers 'Mediterranean' food. I didn't try either but noticed, as I passed them quite often, that they too were usually busy with customers.

My apologies for the quality of the photos. The restaurant, although comfortable and atmospheric, really is very dim indeed.

Open from midday to midnight.

Exterior Interior Falafel Pastry

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Chikito: Great place for a nice dinner

by Roadquill Updated Sep 27, 2012

Chikito is a very nice place to go for a great dinner. Excellent meals, service and excellent wine, just off of the very busy Acero del Darro in the evening.

Favorite Dish: The pork cutlet in a pistachio sauce was excellent. I finished the meal with an excellent almond cake in a strawberry like sauce.

• Wine Tasting

• lina112's Profile Photo

Croissanteria La Blanca Paloma: Quick stop

by lina112 Written Sep 19, 2012

Nice place for a quick stop if you are hungry or thristy......sandwiches, croissants, pastries, soft drinks, crips, ice creams, cakes, etc.....

Buen sitio para hacer una parada rápida para reponer fuerzas, encuentras de todo y el olor tanto a dulce como a salado hace acto de presencia a lo largo de la calle.

• Restaurante Páprika: Highly recommended Vegetarian Restaurant

by brigit0815 Written Aug 15, 2012

Vegetarian, mostly vegan food with local ecological products. They also have local ecological wines. The restaurant is located in a brick building with a small terrace outside. Food is great, service very kind, they also have a great home made deserts.

Favorite Dish: Hummus is great, also the quesadillas, crunchy baked wheat tortillas filled with a creme cheese, dried fruit and lettuce. Favourite main dish: Thai Curry with a lot of vegetables and tofu in a sauce with coconut milk and green curry.

• La Fontana: Oh my!

by jenbeck3 Written Jan 3, 2012

My selections have been prioritized by: outdoor in the sunshine on a January day, can read the menu in English, too. But, oh my! Was delightfully surprised by the food and wine at La Fontana, literally amidst the crowds and drive of the street, I was in bliss. Ordered the most delightful green salad: simple but with arugula and endive, cheese and walnuts: hearty and delicious. My Spanish is so slim, but I'm even confusing menu items written in English: I ordered the Tapas variety that was supposed to be for a 3rd person, thinking it was for one. They punted and brought out meats, cheeses, fish on toasts in a gorgeous presentation! Muy bonita! The price was great too!

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Cafeteria Lisboa: Great place for breakfast.

by stevemt Updated Oct 22, 2011

Great place for breakfast in one of the main streets. Many locals call here to start the day

You can eat inside or outside.

Favorite Dish: I always had, Coffee, Orange Juice and toast with pate, but many things are available

• Carmen Verde Luna: Best meal I had in Spain

by surf_grrl Updated Apr 4, 2011

Oh. My. God. This meal was delectable from start to finish. Check out the menu on their website. Try the gazpacho.

The restaurant is pretty much perched on the edge of a cliff, and overlooks the Alhambra, which is floodlight by night.

We didn't have a table booked, but managed to get the last table with a view anyway. I'd recommend reservations.

Even though it may be more expensive than average, the prices were still a total deal compared to what I'd pay for a similar meal here in Canada. The price I gave includes wine.

Favorite Dish: There's no favourite - it was all good. The smoked salmon/pepper/sundried tomato/anchovy thing was fabulous. The monkfish with capers, pinenuts and walnuts was divine. The fig with some kind of creamy custard and almonds and a light aniseed biscuit was gorgeous.

• Architecture

• MiteMsispe's Profile Photo

Mamma Rosa Pizzeria Ristorante: Serving good food before 9pm.

by MiteMsispe Updated Apr 24, 2010

This little restaurant serves Italian dishes and pizza set in an Italian cantina style atmosphere. Good, attentive staff who serves efficiently and courteously. This place is located centrally, so parking can be an issue, but the good thing is that this restaurant served us after two other places said that they did not start serving until 9pm. It was about 8:30pm when we sat down in this restaurant.
    The restaurant is near the Plaza Mariana Pineda.

Favorite Dish: The meal started with Manzanilla olives - which I thought were free, but ended up costing about $2.40. We had a rather typical salad for the region- ensalada langostinos ( shrimp salad) that was good. We drank a good house red wine and mineral water. I found the blue water bottle beautiful and wanted to take it home, but was convinced that such action would be tacky. Anyway it was a beautiful glass bottle.
    For our entrees we had Scaloppine marsala and Chicken Picata limone and both were tasty

• MiteMsispe's Profile Photo

Restaurante Perea: Good grilled meals and nice atmosphere.

by MiteMsispe Updated Apr 12, 2010

The food at this suburban restaurant was above average. The ambiance was tasteful and well appointed with an efficient staff. We ate here in late afternoon and there were two other young families there as well. I enjoyed eating in a nice and typical Spanish restaurant that is certainly not on the tourist path. We simply left our hotel and headed out for a cafe that looked "right" and our instincts paid off.

Favorite Dish: I had the solomillo de Cerdo Iberico which the waiter recommended as good and traditionally Spanish. It was a tasty grilled pork tenderloin. I also had a Rioja Crianza glass of wine that I enjoyed. Our mixed salads were also good as was the expresso-but that is good all over Spain.

• unaS's Profile Photo

Fres Co (chain): Veggie Heaven

by unaS Updated Apr 6, 2010

This is a chain of restaurants is found in a number of cities in Spain, usually with convenient locations. I ate in a few of them. All have the same basic lay-out and foods. Very clean, busy at lunchtime and child friendly.

It is an all you can eat buffet with vegetarian/vegan choices available but they also serve meat dishes at a separate counter. There is a long fresh vegetable/salads counter, a drinks counter, a desert counter and the meats/hot foods counter (includes soup, pasta and pizza for instance).

For a flat price (9.90 Euro in September 2009) you can have as much to eat as you like. Take what you want, includes one soft drink/coffee/tea and one desert. You can return to the food bar for a free refill.

The food is fresh and tasty. The vegetables crisp and clean. A wide variety to choose from.

The deserts are most often a choice of fruits, ice cream, rice pudding, a simple 'pound' cake or custard.

I ate in them in Barcelona, in Granada: Via Colon 28 (http://granadamap.com/fresco/) and in Madrid (near Arenal).
    Take-away available.

Favorite Dish: I filled up quite nicely at their fresh vegetable counter. Includes potatoes, cheeses, pastas and such as well as a nice variety of fresh and cooked veggies. Food is crisp and clean, tasty and well prepared.

• Pension y Restaurante Veracruz: Good and rich food for low price in Granada

by aledis74 Written Mar 28, 2010

This little restaurant offers a wonderful menu-lunch / dinner for around 7,5 eu. (7 eu + 7% taxes)
    The menu includes:
    - a first course
    - a main dish
    - fruit / dessert

Favorite Dish: - Low price in comparison to prices in Andalusia
    - The food is very good and abundant (big portions)

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Bar Kiki

by SirRichard Written Jan 15, 2010

This bar is not really a special place but has a nice terrace and is a good place to stop for a rest after climbing the Albaicin and reaching the San Nicolas Mirador. It's located in a quiet square and serves typical tapas and meals.

The terrace at Bar Kiki
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• unaS's Profile Photo

Olympia 21: Large servings!

by unaS Updated Dec 24, 2009

Nice breakfast/snack restaurant with table service.

Very large servings. A bit expensive for my budget but could eat only half the Tostada and cheese (+ OJ + coffee), so I wrapped it up in a napkin to take with for supper in my room. For two meals Euro 7 was actually cheaper than average.

Large choice of breakfast foods, pastries, sandwiches.
    Food is well made and tasty.
    Good service.
    Large enclosed smoking section in the rear.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast - OJ, eggs, roll, coffee, pastry.

End of Gran Via view towards statue Queen Isabela

Hotel Las Almenas
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Hotel Macia Gran Via

Instant Answers: Granada

Comments

Granada Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Granada locals.
Map of Granada