Places to eat in Granada

Most Viewed Restaurants in Granada

• cenesdelavega's Profile Photo

Alquimia Pervane: American Breakfast in Granada

by cenesdelavega Written Feb 22, 2009

We've lived in Granada for almost 3 years, and one thing missing is a nice big american breakfast. Spanish only eat toast and coffee, and maybe a croissant once in a while. So we heard about this one and went this morning. Excellent! Bottomless cup, pancakes, grits with shrimp (chef is from Charleston), french toast, hash browns. Overall great value.

One thing though, no bacon since the owner is Muslim. But if you can get past that, it is very authentic American breakfast. They also have hamburgers, but we didn't try that.

Also, the pancakes are all-you-can eat, perfect for that 12 year old boy in the family!

Saturday-Sunday 10-3 Only! and WiFi as well.

Favorite Dish: The grits and shrimp and the french toast with fruit and "sweet" scrambled eggs.

• Castles and Palaces

• brookitabanana's Profile Photo

Cafe Bar Sancho: Non-touristy, spanish food, local, modern

by brookitabanana Written Nov 11, 2008

SPANISH FOOD

My mother and I ate here for lunch on our visit to Granada. It is near one of the Hamam baths, so we ate there, then went to our appointment. The modern decor was fantastic, the service excellent and the food sumptuous. We split a main dish and a salad entree and we were both very full. Excellent value for money to both be full on 18.60 Euros. This place was full of locals and I can't recommend it highly enough. Closed on Sundays.

Favorite Dish: The Salads were fantastic. But anything here would be.

Rabo de Tube: Nice location

by SallyM Written Oct 14, 2008

This is a Spanish restaurant on Paseo de los Tristes in the Albaicin district. I was there with a large-ish group and we ordered lots of dishes to share, tapas-style (even though some of them were not strictly tapas!).

Favorite Dish: One of the most memorable things we had was artichoke hearts with anchovies and peppers - it looked very pretty, too. Garlic prawns were good as well.

• Architecture

• SallyM's Profile Photo

Mirador de Morayma: Food with a view?

by SallyM Written Oct 10, 2008

This restaurant is named after the place where Morayma, wife of Boabdil, the last Moorish king of Granada was exiled to a house in the Albaicin and spent her days looking out at the Alhambra. Unfortunately, I was with a group and we were made to sit in an inside room, where we did not get the benefit of the view!

The food I had was fine, but some members of the group were disappointed at the lack of vegetarian options.

Favorite Dish: The meatballs I chose were very tasty, and the steak looked very tender. The black pudding with apple starter looked very good if you like that sort of thing (coarser than English black pudding and lots of it).

• Architecture

Sultan: Moorish Food...

by SallyM Written Oct 10, 2008

This is a Middle Eastern restaurant, decorated in the ornate style of some of the buildings of the Alhambra. I assume the low tables and chairs are supposed to be part of the same overall effect, but they are really just rather uncomfortable, rather than evocative of sitting on the Sultan's divan.

Service wasn't very good on the night I was there. We were OK, but as the restaurant got busier, they couldn't cope with taking the orders. A girl at the next table got tired of waiting and approached the head waiter, but was told to wait her turn, as another table had been waiting for half an hour.

The food was good though, and made a change from Spanish specialities.

Favorite Dish: I had a salad of tomatoes and peppers, followed by tagine of lamb with prunes and almonds, which were both very good. They also serve a range of teas, from Moorish (mint) to Pakistani (boiled with milk).

• Study Abroad

• Birgie's Profile Photo

Cafe Olympia: On Gran Via, Granada, Snack or Breakfast

by Birgie Written Jul 6, 2008

I found this place by accident when I was looking for a snack and I liked it very much. You can get a good breakfast here, snack and it has a bakery. The prices are good, the service was pretty good, if you don't want to wait at tables they have big bar area where you can get faster service. The dining room is big and airy, there is a separate smoking section.

Favorite Dish: First we went in for a snack. I got my daughter a grilled cheese and fries, we walked in with drinks we bought at a kiosk, they didn't mind. Then we ordered some fresh juice. The next time I went there we had breakfast, the typical Spanish breakfast, toasted baguettes, with choice of toppings, fresh orange juice, coffee, etc. Everything was done right and the service was good. I only looked at their bakery section but I can see this place as a very versatile choice for tourists to get breakfast, snack, pastry and coffee in the afternoon or just a quick bite to eat. It was full of people taking a merienda when we went in for late breakfast, seemed popular with everyone from business people to construction workers.

• Birgie's Profile Photo

Cafe Futbol, Granada: Experience Their "Exquisitos" Churros!

by Birgie Written Jul 6, 2008

I can't help but say "Cafe Futbol" without chuckling to myself. Last year they made our "Chungo" list (list of lousy things), as kind of as a joke, because the waiters there were so grumpy and harried everytime we came, to the point it was actually funny, it wasn't really their fault, the restaurante terrace on the plaza was always swarming with patrons because it's so popular with locals for ice cream and churros, breakfasts that the poor guys are running all over, sometimes waiting on 20 tables at a time!

This year I came back and had breakfast wtih my mom and daughter there. We had one of the same waiters we had last year, it was calmer, not too many patrons and he was a pleasant but brusque guy. I told him "Hey, I remember you, you were our waiter when I was here last year!" and he said, "Well, I don't remember you!" And then he quickly added, "But if you come back next year I will." Ha ha! All my Granada friends like this place and it does have the best churros, ice cream and typical Spanish breakfast foods, like the tostadas and coffee, juices. The price is reasonable too.

Favorite Dish: Well, churros are what my friends tell us to go there for, and ice cream.

• raquelitalarga's Profile Photo

Café Fútbol: COFFEE, CHOCOLATE, CHURROS

by raquelitalarga Written Jun 25, 2008

Café Fútbol has long been a Granada institution. It is open very early, closes very late, has a great selection of coffees ( try with a slosh of anís), and a huge terrace on one of the city's most attractive squares.

• Singles

• Donrogelio's Profile Photo

La Castellana: One of the Best in Granada

by Donrogelio Written Jun 9, 2008

They have 6 locations in Granada; we ate in the restaurant once and the cafeteria another time. The service and the presentations were terrific and portions were generous.

Favorite Dish: The salad and the steak were very good.

Blas: great local restaurant

by KatrinaEdbrooke Written Apr 21, 2008

This is one of our favourite restaurants, you can eat by a roaring fire in winter or outside on the terrace in the summer. The food is all local specialities, for example the 'rape mozarabe' is monkfish with a beautiful salmoreja sauce. Another favourite of mine is the conejo, rabbit marinaded in herbs and garlic and cooked in the wood oven. Absolutely delicious. As were the almejas, clams in a seafood sauce. My partner the vegetarian has quite a few choices here. Today for lunch he had a massive place of fried aubergine with roasted peppers and salmoreja sauce. Lunch for four with two bottles of wine came to under 50 euros. We were then invited to a brandy, or whatever we wished by the restaurant. Lovely service.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish is the rabbit marinaded in herbs and garlic cooked in the wood oven. Tender and tasty and more than I could eat on my own. Comes with green beans and roasted green pepper.

El Chikito: tourist trap

by KatrinaEdbrooke Written Apr 21, 2008

I was very disppointed with this restaurant. It is mentioned in most guide books and I had always wanted to go as it was where Lorca the poet used to meet his friends. Last night I took my parents there and the only diners were tourists, no local Spanish people which should have given us a clue. I had a steak which I asked for 'poco hecho' meaning rare but it wasn't, the sauce was nice but the potato mash was like glue. My mother had the rape, ( monkfish) a favourite dish of hers which she said was OK, Dad as always had Jamon Iberico, which at 20 euros was very expensive. Today we ate at 'Blas' in the Albaicin and paid 10 euros for the same dish. Themost disappointing was the vegetarian dish which consisted of boiled vegetables and fried potatoes. The service was good until it came to pay and we waited ages for the bill for no apparant reason. I wouldn't go here again.

Favorite Dish: There wasn't a dish I would recommend that you couldn't get better and cheaper elsewhere.

El Yunque: Gorgeous seafood

by KatrinaEdbrooke Written Apr 1, 2008

Located in the Plaza San Miguel Bajo in the old quarter of the Albaicin this restaurant is our local. We eat there regularly not only because it is near where we live but because the food is superb and affordable. You eat outdoors and its possible to spend hours here watching the people go by. It has fantastic seafood, my favourite is the mixed grilled fish and lucky for my partner does lots of veggie options such as Papas a lo Pobre ( poor mans potatoes) tortilla, roast peppers, fried aubergine. Another speciality is Rabo del Toro ( Bull's tail) cooked to perfection. The owner Antonio is a flamenco singer and if you look inside the tiny bar you will see the walls covered with photos of him and his many flamenco friends.

Favorite Dish: Grilled mixed fish, a selection of the best fresh fish and seafood on offer, served with lemon and garlic, mussels, prawns, clams, sardines, swordfish, monkfish depending on the day.

• Verona: Try one of Granada's Best and Cheapest Italians

by blint Updated Mar 17, 2008

You sink into the seats a little and some of the paintings require an acquired taste but other than that this is a fantastic place and very economical for the quality you get.

Favorite Dish: The dishes are big and freshly made with lots of flavour. I have been back a few times and every time I try something different.

The Pizzas are great but small so if you have a big appetite go for a pasta dish. Don't skip the starters because they are wonderful too.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

el campanario: nice local food and atmosphere

by call_me_rhia Updated Mar 17, 2008

We opted for this restuarnat just because it was next door to Cunini, which was full and had to be "rescheduled" for the following evening. We found El Campanario quite nice, except maybe for the huge bull head on one of the walls...

Favorite Dish: The food was quite nice, with a definite preference for the starters... I had a delicious dish of cheese and sausages oven-baked. Quite yummy, although on the (very) heavy side. It didn't leave much room for dessert, I'm afraid.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

olimpo bar and restaurant: a pleasant outdoor restaurant

by call_me_rhia Updated Mar 17, 2008

We found this little place perfect for a simple lunch outdoors, on paseo del salon - with not too much traffic around and comfortable fluffy chairs. Don't go there if you are in a hurry, service is really slow.

Favorite Dish: Although there are also cooked meals, when we saw sad pizzas being taken to the table next to us, we decided to do without them. We had a delicious plate of ham and cheese on one occasion, and some eually good grilled sausges another day - all the time with tomato salad. We were happy.

Granada Hotels

Latest: Mar 10, 2014
Posada Bocanegra
Latest: Jan 4, 2014

Instant Answers: Granada

Comments

Granada Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Granada locals.
Map of Granada