Places to eat in Granada

Most Viewed Restaurants in Granada

• unaS's Profile Photo

Fres Co (chain): Veggie Heaven

by unaS Updated Apr 6, 2010

This is a chain of restaurants is found in a number of cities in Spain, usually with convenient locations. I ate in a few of them. All have the same basic lay-out and foods. Very clean, busy at lunchtime and child friendly.

It is an all you can eat buffet with vegetarian/vegan choices available but they also serve meat dishes at a separate counter. There is a long fresh vegetable/salads counter, a drinks counter, a desert counter and the meats/hot foods counter (includes soup, pasta and pizza for instance).

For a flat price (9.90 Euro in September 2009) you can have as much to eat as you like. Take what you want, includes one soft drink/coffee/tea and one desert. You can return to the food bar for a free refill.

The food is fresh and tasty. The vegetables crisp and clean. A wide variety to choose from.

The deserts are most often a choice of fruits, ice cream, rice pudding, a simple 'pound' cake or custard.

I ate in them in Barcelona, in Granada: Via Colon 28 (http://granadamap.com/fresco/) and in Madrid (near Arenal).
    Take-away available.

Favorite Dish: I filled up quite nicely at their fresh vegetable counter. Includes potatoes, cheeses, pastas and such as well as a nice variety of fresh and cooked veggies. Food is crisp and clean, tasty and well prepared.

• Pension y Restaurante Veracruz: Good and rich food for low price in Granada

by aledis74 Written Mar 28, 2010

This little restaurant offers a wonderful menu-lunch / dinner for around 7,5 eu. (7 eu + 7% taxes)
    The menu includes:
    - a first course
    - a main dish
    - fruit / dessert

Favorite Dish: - Low price in comparison to prices in Andalusia
    - The food is very good and abundant (big portions)

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Bar Kiki

by SirRichard Written Jan 15, 2010

This bar is not really a special place but has a nice terrace and is a good place to stop for a rest after climbing the Albaicin and reaching the San Nicolas Mirador. It's located in a quiet square and serves typical tapas and meals.

The terrace at Bar Kiki
    • Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• unaS's Profile Photo

Olympia 21: Large servings!

by unaS Updated Dec 24, 2009

Nice breakfast/snack restaurant with table service.

Very large servings. A bit expensive for my budget but could eat only half the Tostada and cheese (+ OJ + coffee), so I wrapped it up in a napkin to take with for supper in my room. For two meals Euro 7 was actually cheaper than average.

Large choice of breakfast foods, pastries, sandwiches.
    Food is well made and tasty.
    Good service.
    Large enclosed smoking section in the rear.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast - OJ, eggs, roll, coffee, pastry.

End of Gran Via view towards statue Queen Isabela
    • Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Hostal Landazuri: Nice little breakfast spot

by Bwana_Brown Updated Feb 28, 2009

The former bar area of Hostal Landazuri is located just off the entrance foyer and is now used only for breakfasts. We were up and away to the Alhambra in a rush the day before, so had no time to stop for food there. However, on the Sunday morning of our departure for Seville we made use of this very convenient service.

The owner was doing the cooking chores behind the bar where all the necessary appliances were located. We were quite intrigued by the orange juice machine in the top corner of this photo - just place six or seven oranges around its circular top and it sucks them in while slicing, dicing and squeezing them into fresh and delicious pulpy orange juice! We later saw one in a bar in Tarifa and our waitress had a great laugh at anyone so foolish as to video it in action! The juice was a delicious way to start our breakfast.

Favorite Dish: Service was very prompt, with my full meal of bacon, eggs and toast arriving not long after the ladies had their simple order of toast and jam set before them. I decided to go with the local favourite of 'con leche', strong black coffee (served in a clear glass) with milk and a package of sugar that can be added as desired. My travelling companions stuck to their standby of green tea. The entire meal came to something like 6 Euros and we then hit the road after I retrieved our car from the hostal's car-park.

Hostal owner is a blur as he prepares breakfast! Sue's sister & I waiting for the main course
    • Castles and Palaces

• cenesdelavega's Profile Photo

Alquimia Pervane: American Breakfast in Granada

by cenesdelavega Written Feb 22, 2009

We've lived in Granada for almost 3 years, and one thing missing is a nice big american breakfast. Spanish only eat toast and coffee, and maybe a croissant once in a while. So we heard about this one and went this morning. Excellent! Bottomless cup, pancakes, grits with shrimp (chef is from Charleston), french toast, hash browns. Overall great value.

One thing though, no bacon since the owner is Muslim. But if you can get past that, it is very authentic American breakfast. They also have hamburgers, but we didn't try that.

Also, the pancakes are all-you-can eat, perfect for that 12 year old boy in the family!

Saturday-Sunday 10-3 Only! and WiFi as well.

Favorite Dish: The grits and shrimp and the french toast with fruit and "sweet" scrambled eggs.

• Castles and Palaces

• brookitabanana's Profile Photo

Cafe Bar Sancho: Non-touristy, spanish food, local, modern

by brookitabanana Written Nov 11, 2008

SPANISH FOOD

My mother and I ate here for lunch on our visit to Granada. It is near one of the Hamam baths, so we ate there, then went to our appointment. The modern decor was fantastic, the service excellent and the food sumptuous. We split a main dish and a salad entree and we were both very full. Excellent value for money to both be full on 18.60 Euros. This place was full of locals and I can't recommend it highly enough. Closed on Sundays.

Favorite Dish: The Salads were fantastic. But anything here would be.

• SallyM's Profile Photo

Rabo de Tube: Nice location

by SallyM Written Oct 14, 2008

This is a Spanish restaurant on Paseo de los Tristes in the Albaicin district. I was there with a large-ish group and we ordered lots of dishes to share, tapas-style (even though some of them were not strictly tapas!).

Favorite Dish: One of the most memorable things we had was artichoke hearts with anchovies and peppers - it looked very pretty, too. Garlic prawns were good as well.

• Architecture

• SallyM's Profile Photo

Sultan: Moorish Food...

by SallyM Written Oct 10, 2008

This is a Middle Eastern restaurant, decorated in the ornate style of some of the buildings of the Alhambra. I assume the low tables and chairs are supposed to be part of the same overall effect, but they are really just rather uncomfortable, rather than evocative of sitting on the Sultan's divan.

Service wasn't very good on the night I was there. We were OK, but as the restaurant got busier, they couldn't cope with taking the orders. A girl at the next table got tired of waiting and approached the head waiter, but was told to wait her turn, as another table had been waiting for half an hour.

The food was good though, and made a change from Spanish specialities.

Favorite Dish: I had a salad of tomatoes and peppers, followed by tagine of lamb with prunes and almonds, which were both very good. They also serve a range of teas, from Moorish (mint) to Pakistani (boiled with milk).

• Study Abroad

• Birgie's Profile Photo

Cafe Olympia: On Gran Via, Granada, Snack or Breakfast

by Birgie Written Jul 6, 2008

I found this place by accident when I was looking for a snack and I liked it very much. You can get a good breakfast here, snack and it has a bakery. The prices are good, the service was pretty good, if you don't want to wait at tables they have big bar area where you can get faster service. The dining room is big and airy, there is a separate smoking section.

Favorite Dish: First we went in for a snack. I got my daughter a grilled cheese and fries, we walked in with drinks we bought at a kiosk, they didn't mind. Then we ordered some fresh juice. The next time I went there we had breakfast, the typical Spanish breakfast, toasted baguettes, with choice of toppings, fresh orange juice, coffee, etc. Everything was done right and the service was good. I only looked at their bakery section but I can see this place as a very versatile choice for tourists to get breakfast, snack, pastry and coffee in the afternoon or just a quick bite to eat. It was full of people taking a merienda when we went in for late breakfast, seemed popular with everyone from business people to construction workers.

• Birgie's Profile Photo

Cafe Futbol, Granada: Experience Their "Exquisitos" Churros!

by Birgie Written Jul 6, 2008

I can't help but say "Cafe Futbol" without chuckling to myself. Last year they made our "Chungo" list (list of lousy things), as kind of as a joke, because the waiters there were so grumpy and harried everytime we came, to the point it was actually funny, it wasn't really their fault, the restaurante terrace on the plaza was always swarming with patrons because it's so popular with locals for ice cream and churros, breakfasts that the poor guys are running all over, sometimes waiting on 20 tables at a time!

This year I came back and had breakfast wtih my mom and daughter there. We had one of the same waiters we had last year, it was calmer, not too many patrons and he was a pleasant but brusque guy. I told him "Hey, I remember you, you were our waiter when I was here last year!" and he said, "Well, I don't remember you!" And then he quickly added, "But if you come back next year I will." Ha ha! All my Granada friends like this place and it does have the best churros, ice cream and typical Spanish breakfast foods, like the tostadas and coffee, juices. The price is reasonable too.

Favorite Dish: Well, churros are what my friends tell us to go there for, and ice cream.

• raquelitalarga's Profile Photo

Café Fútbol: COFFEE, CHOCOLATE, CHURROS

by raquelitalarga Written Jun 25, 2008

Café Fútbol has long been a Granada institution. It is open very early, closes very late, has a great selection of coffees ( try with a slosh of anís), and a huge terrace on one of the city's most attractive squares.

Early morning on the terrace

• Donrogelio's Profile Photo

La Castellana: One of the Best in Granada

by Donrogelio Written Jun 9, 2008

They have 6 locations in Granada; we ate in the restaurant once and the cafeteria another time. The service and the presentations were terrific and portions were generous.

Favorite Dish: The salad and the steak were very good.

• KatrinaEdbrooke's Profile Photo

Blas: great local restaurant

by KatrinaEdbrooke Written Apr 21, 2008

This is one of our favourite restaurants, you can eat by a roaring fire in winter or outside on the terrace in the summer. The food is all local specialities, for example the 'rape mozarabe' is monkfish with a beautiful salmoreja sauce. Another favourite of mine is the conejo, rabbit marinaded in herbs and garlic and cooked in the wood oven. Absolutely delicious. As were the almejas, clams in a seafood sauce. My partner the vegetarian has quite a few choices here. Today for lunch he had a massive place of fried aubergine with roasted peppers and salmoreja sauce. Lunch for four with two bottles of wine came to under 50 euros. We were then invited to a brandy, or whatever we wished by the restaurant. Lovely service.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish is the rabbit marinaded in herbs and garlic cooked in the wood oven. Tender and tasty and more than I could eat on my own. Comes with green beans and roasted green pepper.

• KatrinaEdbrooke's Profile Photo

El Chikito: tourist trap

by KatrinaEdbrooke Written Apr 21, 2008

I was very disppointed with this restaurant. It is mentioned in most guide books and I had always wanted to go as it was where Lorca the poet used to meet his friends. Last night I took my parents there and the only diners were tourists, no local Spanish people which should have given us a clue. I had a steak which I asked for 'poco hecho' meaning rare but it wasn't, the sauce was nice but the potato mash was like glue. My mother had the rape, ( monkfish) a favourite dish of hers which she said was OK, Dad as always had Jamon Iberico, which at 20 euros was very expensive. Today we ate at 'Blas' in the Albaicin and paid 10 euros for the same dish. Themost disappointing was the vegetarian dish which consisted of boiled vegetables and fried potatoes. The service was good until it came to pay and we waited ages for the bill for no apparant reason. I wouldn't go here again.

Favorite Dish: There wasn't a dish I would recommend that you couldn't get better and cheaper elsewhere.

Granada Hotels

Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
Posada Bocanegra
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Instant Answers: Granada

Comments

Granada Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Granada locals.
Map of Granada