Places to eat in Granada

by brigit0815
    by brigit0815

Most Viewed Restaurants in Granada

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Too bad to remember...: Give it a miss

by sue_stone Written Mar 20, 2004

We had lunch at an Italian/Pizza restaurant on Paseo de los Tristes.

I can't remember the name of it - there were a few different places with out door tables in a plaza looking over the gorge to the Alhambra.

We were hesitating to eat here as it looked like a bit of a tourist trap.....and it was.

We had really bad pizza. Bad service too.

Favorite Dish: the beer - you will need lots to wash down the food!!

do I have to eat more food!!??

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Las Titas kiosko: Nice Atmosphere, Good Food!

by suvanki Updated Feb 1, 2008

I stopped off here as my feet were hurting and my throat was so dry and I realised I hadn't eaten since my breakfast.

Pleasantly located next to the River Genil, near a bridge, with a nearby fountain (The only remaining 17th century fountain in Granada- it is one of what was a pair). Tables shaded by umbrellas outside, or inside the conservatory style restaurant it appeared to be quite cool.

The menu was all in Spanish, and the prices were higher than I'd intended to pay (I was on a VERY tight budget), but I was pleased I did stop.

I ordered a small beer, while I decided what to order, which arrived with a tapas of chicken wings and a carrot and sweetcorn salad.

My fellow diners were a mix of all ages, solos. couples, groups of friends and a large family group.

The ladies toilets were quite impressive too- Nicely decorated and spotlessly clean.

Favorite Dish: I'm afraid that my Spanish is very limited, so I had to consult my phrase book to decipher the menu.

However, I could interpret Fried Camembert, which I like, so I ordered that!

It arrived nicely presented with a drizzle of raspberry sauce and 2 dollops of raspberry and possibly apricot jam, plus a plate full of tiny portions of toast.

Now this probably sounds quite a strange concoction, but I thoroughly enjoyed it!

The bill came to 10 euros, which was much more than I'd planned spending, but I really enjoyed it.
    (see my photo below- Mmmm I could eat it now!)

From my phrase book, I understood that there was a wide variety of meat, fish, soups and desserts on the menu.

When I return to Granada, I'll probably come here again.

Recommended!

Las Titas, Granada Camembert and fruit sauces, Titas, Granada
    • Business Travel

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Gran Cafe Bib-Rambla: Breakfast of churros and chocolate

by Dabs Written May 13, 2006

Our hotel was within a 5 minute walk of Plaza Bib-Rambla which had about 10 or 12 restaurants lining the square. We tried several of the restaurants for various meals but this was our favorite and we ate here three times, twice for a breakfast of churros and chocolate for me and cafe con leche for Kat and once for lunch.

We ended up with the same waiter each time we went, a very pleasant young man that Kat was able to converse with since she knows a bit of Spanish.

Favorite Dish: Churros y chocolate is a Spanish breakfast tradition that I really enjoyed, I had them three times while in Spain on this trip. Churros are a fried dough that you sprinkle sugar on and then you dunk them in a cup of thick hot chocolate, muy bueno!

When we stopped for lunch, I tried the Paealla mixta which was pretty good. Paella is a Spanish rice based dish that is seasoned with saffron which gives it that yellow color. You can get various meats added to it, the mixta here had some mussels, squid, chicken and pork.

Kat tells me this picture is a little risque ;-) Paella at Gran Cafe Bib-Rambla Kat View from the patio at Gran Cafe Bib-Rambla

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Hostal Landazuri: Nice little breakfast spot

by Bwana_Brown Updated Feb 28, 2009

The former bar area of Hostal Landazuri is located just off the entrance foyer and is now used only for breakfasts. We were up and away to the Alhambra in a rush the day before, so had no time to stop for food there. However, on the Sunday morning of our departure for Seville we made use of this very convenient service.

The owner was doing the cooking chores behind the bar where all the necessary appliances were located. We were quite intrigued by the orange juice machine in the top corner of this photo - just place six or seven oranges around its circular top and it sucks them in while slicing, dicing and squeezing them into fresh and delicious pulpy orange juice! We later saw one in a bar in Tarifa and our waitress had a great laugh at anyone so foolish as to video it in action! The juice was a delicious way to start our breakfast.

Favorite Dish: Service was very prompt, with my full meal of bacon, eggs and toast arriving not long after the ladies had their simple order of toast and jam set before them. I decided to go with the local favourite of 'con leche', strong black coffee (served in a clear glass) with milk and a package of sugar that can be added as desired. My travelling companions stuck to their standby of green tea. The entire meal came to something like 6 Euros and we then hit the road after I retrieved our car from the hostal's car-park.

Hostal owner is a blur as he prepares breakfast! Sue's sister & I waiting for the main course
    • Castles and Palaces

• keida84's Profile Photo

Bib Rambla Restaurant: Churros, Coffee and Chocolate

by keida84 Written May 13, 2006

This is one restaurant that many guidebooks remark on. Excellent food and service are the hallmarks of this restaurant. It fast became a favorite of ours as the coffee, hot chocolate and churros were "muy delicioso".

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the cafe con leche (coffee with milk) strong but not bitter enhanced with a generous serving of hot milk it is a perfect accompaniment for the churros which are fantastic here. Churros are pastry strips which are deep fried and served with sugar on them. The churros in Spain are usually served with a hot thick chocolate (it is thickened with corn startch) and one dunks the churro in the chocolate. Churros have gained popularity all over the world and one can find many types including filled churros. Bib Rambla has some of the best churros in Granada, so when you visit the Granada area make sure you stop in ans try a churro or two. Betcha you can't eat just one!

A look at the Bib Rambla restaurant

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Cafeteria-Cerveceria, La Carrera: Quick,Convenient, No Frills Option

by Ekaterinburg Written Jul 5, 2007

With so little time and so many places to see in Granada I wanted a restaurant where I could have a quick and simple meal. Walking back from the Albaicin and the Cathedral most restaurants we passed were busy and we just kept on walking. Eventually, hunger and weakness kicked in and we decided we would go into the next cafe we passed. This is how we ended up at La Carrera in Carrera Del Genil, a local bar/cafe with about two tables inside and football on the tele. Service was quick ( we were after all the only people eating ) and with rather a limited menu we didn't have too agonise over too may choices.

Favorite Dish: In fact the choice was basically several variations on egg and chips. Call it tortilla, call it an omelet, it was all egg and chips in the end. My husband was looking a bit grey around the gills at this stage but he orderd a tortilla and found it very tasty. Gourmet that I am, I ordered the egg and chips and as a quick snack it was tasty and filling. A couple of beers, coffees and bread brought the total to EUR 18.52. This caf is never going to make it into the Good Food Guide but for quick, tasy and filling it was just the job. It also had a nice local feel to it and we proceeded to the bakery across the street for desert.

Huevos Patat - slumming it in Granada La Carrera

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo

Restaurante-Bar Boabdil: Friendly, central, good value restaurant

by aaaarrgh Written Nov 26, 2005

Boabdil was the Arab prince that surrendered Granada to the Catholics in 1492!

Restaurante Boabdil looks like another busy Spanish bar from the outside. It is very close to the Gran Via de Colon. But if you fight your way past the lunchtime drinkers, there is a large restaurant at the back. It seemed popular with the Spanish.

The waiter was good-humoured, helpful and spoke a little English. The food prices were very reasonable and there was also a choice of set menus available for (I think) about 12 euros. This included a 'dessert' that turned out to be more juicy fresh pears and grapes than we could shake a stick at (actually we hid most of it in a bag to eat later).

And there was a free sweet, but only if I finished all my food :-)

lively bar, good food
    • Singles

• keida84's Profile Photo

Oh La La: Oh, No no no

by keida84 Written May 13, 2006

We should have known the food would be awful as this place was the only restaturant in the Plaza Nueva that had open tables and chairs but we were hungry and it was getting late....we should have just had ice cream for dinner like we planned!

Favorite Dish: Despite it's desireable location in the Plaza Neueva, Oh La La restaurant was definitely a Oh No No! We ordered a 4 cheese pizza which came with only 3 cheeses which were an awful blend of very heavy cheeses and no sauce whatsoever. The crust was ok but for a small pizza and 2 sodas the bill was over 15 euros! No wonder the locals stay away from this place. Well, live and learn.

Plaza Nueva
    • Business Travel

• Sultan Oriental: Dont go here!!!!!!

by blint Updated Feb 17, 2006

This is a very nice looking arabic restaurant just off of Plaza Nueva on Calle Elvira. If you notice, it is always half empty and if there are people inside they are always tourists.

Some of the food looks good even though it is expensive, but I am warning you against it as I got BAD food poisoning after eating here.

Favorite Dish: I had some sort of chicken dish with honey and plums and for dessert I had a traditional Arabic pastry type thing which sounded a bit like Chewbacca (like the character from star wars).

So if you do try it you might want to avoid these things!!!!

The Don't go place from the outside!

• Hosell's Profile Photo

Great place at Sierra Nevada!: La Cu?a Bar

by Hosell Written Feb 21, 2004

This is a very nice place to have a drink after being skiing for a while!.It is located just next to the cable car at Sierra Nevada Ski resort.Has some variety in coffes and cakes and pancakes.Also any refresments and beers.
    Also has some relax armchairs to have a sunbathe at the snow!! :-) (if weather permiting)

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo

Los Aljibes, The Alhambra: Yes, you can get food inside the Alhambra

by aaaarrgh Written Nov 26, 2005

We decided to go to the Alhambra a s soon as it opened in the morning. However, I had read that there were no food or drink facilities inside the walls, other than the 4-star Parador hotel. So I bought a cheese roll at the cafe near the ticket office, thinking it would be my last meal for a long time!

No need to worry. Between the entrance to the Alcazabar and the Alhambra Museum is a pretty little wooden coffee bar, "Los Aljibes". Here you can buy hot drinks, filled rolls and also cold beer!! Then you can sit on the ancient walls watching the views over Granada, or feeding the Alhambra's resident pussy cats.

Los Aljibes is unusual in the way it has trees growing out of its roof. Very green!!

If you are desparate there are also dispensers of chocolate and snacks outside the Alhambra's toilets (mmmm, nice location eh?). And there is the afore mentioned cafe/bar at the top of the hill next to the ticket office, selling a variety of pre-made rolls, crisps and drinks.

Another good thing about these cafe's is they don't charge inflated prices!

Favorite Dish: This was November, I was grateful for a hot cafe con leche :-)

coffe break
    • Eco-Tourism

• suvanki's Profile Photo

La Perla: Ice Cream Heaven!

by suvanki Updated Jun 4, 2007

One of Granadas oldest Ice Cream Parlours. Appeared to be a family run business.
    A wide selection of flavours (all natural) options of small, large single flavour or twin flavours.

(I had jotted some notes about prices, flavours etc, but seem to have mislaid them :-( )

Well I enjoyed a chocolate ice cream cone, while I was waiting for the bus to Sacromente-- Mmmmmmmm!

There is a list of flavours on offer translated into different languages. Also a notice that advises 'please don't ask for samples, all our ice creams are delicious!'

Staff were very friendly and helpful

Favorite Dish: My Chocolate ice cream hit the spot! Very chocolately (dark choc) not too sweet, not too bitter!

La Perla Ice Cream parlour, Plaza Nueva, Granada

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Cafe au Lait: Crepes and more

by Dabs Written May 21, 2006

We needed fortification after our walk through the Old Arab Quarter and before our afternoon visit to the Alhambra so we saw some cafes alongside the Darro River with a nice view of the Alhambra and after perusing the menus (there are several connected cafes), we settle on Cafe au Lait so that Kat could get a lighter lunch and I thought crepes sounded pretty yummy. And I got to speak a little French instead of trying to mumble something in Spanish!

Favorite Dish: I tried a crepe with eggs, bacon and gruyere cheese, it was a little light on ingredients but it satisfied my hunger.

Crepe Cafe au Lait View of the Alhambra from the cafe Another view of the Alhambra

• Muglja: Indian in Granada

by blint Written Oct 21, 2004

After five years or ordering spicy food in Spain and it not being spicy I was so happy when I ordered the hottest thing on the menu and it actually was spicy!!!!!

Favorite Dish: The phal!

The nan bread isn''t very good though, nor the onion Bahji.

Try the special Indian wine they have made thmselves. It's a Rioja and really light. I really liked it.

The view from my house
    • Wine Tasting

• Chile Grande

by blint Written Nov 27, 2004

The decor inside is bright, colourful and cheery. Even the Menu's have a great design. It is open all day the prices are really good.

Favorite Dish: Try the Nachos Aztecas to start (the dishes are small -only 8 medium size nachos to a plate-so it's best to order separate starters). They cost 3.50€

The Fajitas are fantastic. You can share them or eat them all to your self!!! They cost 9.95€

If you like spices ask for the sauce hotter than the infierno sauce (remembering the Spanish, unlike the Mexicans, don't like spice). You can also get a side dish of Jalapeños.

To drink the best thing is a jug of strawberry (fresa) margarita which s frozen. Or for about 4.50€ you can get a cocktail.

For desert why not try their Café with Kaluha for 3€

Latest: Jun 24, 2014
Princesa Ana Hotel
Latest: May 30, 2014

Instant Answers: Granada

Comments

Granada Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Granada locals.
Map of Granada