FLIGHTS, Granada

Malaga or Granada airport

Know about this? Rate It!

Landing into Granada
  • suvanki's Profile Photo

Liverpool or Stanstead to Granada

by suvanki Updated Jan 21, 2008

Boarding Plane Granada to Liverpool

Ryanair fly daily from Liverpool and Stanstead to Granada.

Prices vary widely. I flew from Liverpool Airport (2006), for £32 return including taxes etc. (it cost me more to get my photos developed!!!)

My flight out was quite comfortable, although there was limited food available - I got the only hot sandwich left, and there was no ice or lemon slice for my G&T. ;-(

The journey back was better stocked!

There were lots of Spanish students on the return flight who looked like they were planning a lively weekend in Liverpool!

Liverpool Airport is actually located in Speke. There are buses to Liverpool from the airport, but I'm not sure of times/prices yet (I'll try and find out)

Top Tip- no booked seats 1st come 1st served- I found they let ticket number 1 - 65 board first- on my return I was in this block- most people rush to the front steps- So if you want a better choice of seat/ space to stash your hand luggage- saunter to the back steps!
    I did this, bagged a window seat, and found that miracleously, I ended up with the row of seats to myself!!! Result!
    Update - on certain routes you can 'priority book' for a small sum of money, so you can jump to the front of the queue -ok when you board from the airport, not ok, if you have to board a bus to get to the plane!

An airport bus runs a service into Granada for 3 Euros and is timed to co incide with incoming flights - if the flight is delayed, the bus waits. The first bus leaves around 11.40 and the last bus is 23.05

Buses leave Via de Colon for the airport from 06.50 to 21.30 except Saturday (1945)
    * Please allow time to find the bus stop, or check with the driver when being dropped off, as due to the roadworks, the bus stop has been moved (Apparently unbeknown to the Tourist Info Office!) Please see my roadworks tip above for more details.

*** update*** Ryanair now flying from East Midlands Airport - HOORAH!!! less than an hour from my home (They've also added Santiago de Compostela!!!)

• Study Abroad

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Granada Airport

by Carmela71 Updated Mar 6, 2004

Just remember that Granada Airport is located about 15 km. from the town center of Granada.

Also the airport holds national flights so prices get very expensive.

A better option is to fly to Malaga just 2 hours from Granada

• Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Going to Granada; Make the Optimum Connection

by Mozumbus Written Mar 29, 2010

Landing into Granada

One of the most efficient ways to do Granada is from Barcelona and through Budget Airlines. Even if you are coming from abroad and want to do Granada, in specific, and Andalucia, in general, than try to land into Barcelona, and fly out of some other city that suits you; Madrid, Malaga, Sevilla, to name a few. Although Barcelona is far away from Granada (Andalucia), but the fact that it is a Regional Hub provides one with more choices coupled with unbeatable prices. In most of the cases, Barcelona to Granada, through Budget Airline, not only proves out to be the cheapest option but also synergizes well with the overall itinerary like no other alternative.

Vueling Airlines, Spain Air, and Iberia run almost daily on the one and a half hour route with typically one flight in the morning and one in the evening per carrier hence summing up to 6 budget flights a day. So there is enough competition for the benefit of tourists. Hence, the fare ranges from 30 euros to 80 euros, depending upon the carrier, if booked 6-8 weeks in advance.

Among the mentioned airlines, Vueling makes the best case in terms of timing and fares and operates from the Terminal 1 of Barcelona Airport, Vueling's main hub, at counters 401 to 464. During our backpacking trip, we took the early morning Vueling Airline in 30 euros which enabled us to do pre-booked Alhambra the same morning, hence, saving our time and energies. Although we backpacked, we booked extra bags, at 5 euros per bag, while booking our tickets to avoid tough hand-carry requirements (10 kg in case of Vueling) peculiar to Budget Airlines. Later on, we found out that Vueling is not that stringent on cabin baggage, so if you are expecting to exceed 2-3 kg than there is no need to book an extra bag. But if you are packing heavy than it is wiser to book an extra bag while booking your ticket otherwise you will end paying more on the check-in counter.

For fares and timetables, www.skyscanner.net is a tried-and-tested site while for booking there is no better option than booking via carrier's official website.

So, hurry-up, finalize your plan, and book your flight before the fare shoots up...

Have a great and memorable trip....

• BerniShand's Profile Photo

FLYING TO GRANADA

by BerniShand Written Nov 18, 2005

you`ll be here soon

We have recently `discovered` budget airlines and our flights to Granada cost the ridiculously small sum of 1p each plus airport taxes, we flew with Ryanair from London Stanstead airport [which actually isnt in London] Ryanair also fly to Granada from Liverpool check the website www.ryanair.com for latest offers and schedules
    with Ryanair`s silly low prices you do sacrifice comfortable seats and inflight meals [no loss there] and there is an undignified scramble for the extra legroom seats [you are not allocated seat numbers its first on the plane gets the choice of seats] but its only a 2 hours 15 minutes flight from the UK

Granadas airport is small but comfortable, there is a cafeteria / bar and all the usual facilities, you can catch the bus from here into the city centre [about 12k / 20 minutes away]

• Castles and Palaces

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

A cheap Ryanair flight

by call_me_rhia Updated Mar 17, 2008

approaching granada

We reached Granada by Ryanair from Bergamo - and it was a really cheap flight... nothing too comfortable or too uncomfortable, nothing to write home about. Approaching granada is quite scenic, as you get to admire the mountainous landscape that surrounds the city.

For a change the airport was very near the city, unlike airports generally used by Ryanair. It took us about 30 minutes to reach the centre. There are several buses a day to the city centre, which are operated by Autocares Gonzalez. The cost was 3 euros and all buses leavein connection with flights.

• sweet-sara's Profile Photo

We arrived in Granada via the...

by sweet-sara Written Sep 7, 2002

We arrived in Granada via the airport. But a caution - the airport is located well away from the city center. There is a bus service to the center of town. We waited at the airport for a taxi for over an hour. I think we should have taken the bus into the center of town, then gotten a taxi from there.
    There is an extensive bus service through the town. From the Plaza Neuve, take Bus 32 for a cheap (135 pesetas) tour around the historic areas.

• DanielF's Profile Photo

National flights arrive to...

by DanielF Written Aug 26, 2002

National flights arrive to Granada airport from Madrid and Barcelona. You can also come by train or by bus.
    Walk to the Alhambra along the Paseo de los Tristes. It is very beautiful. The last part is steep, but worth it.

• ELear's Profile Photo

Airport bus

by ELear Updated May 1, 2010

There's a convenient bus to the airport. One stop is on the other side on the road (the Gran Via) from the entrance to the alley going down to the Cathedral. Buses arrive there ten or so minutes after setting off from their home garage. Bus times (when they set off) and map of the stops at http://granadamap.com/airport/index.htm

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

By Plane

by keeweechic Written Aug 27, 2009

Granada’s Federico Garcia Lorca airport is around 15kms from the centre of the city. There are no direct international flights into Granada but Air Europa and Iberia have national flights from Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Madrid and Melilla to Granada running daily.

• Photography

• amapola66's Profile Photo

Fly Monarch to Granada

by amapola66 Updated Sep 1, 2010
    Monarch Airbus

*Aug2010 - even Ryan air have stopped this route now, so it's busy old Malaga and a drive/bus now - Apparently, there are 'talks' - I will update if I hear any news*

*JULY-'08 - Sadly, this route has now ceased from the UK*
    Please bring it back!

We nearly always fly Monarch if we can. You can get scheduled flights to Granada to suit your dates at an extremely reasonable price (and usually cheaper than Easy jet).

Monarch are a good airline - my favourite and you don't feel like they are 'doing you a favour' for your custom like some other low cost airlines I shall refrain from mentioning. Granada airport is still small and easy to negotiate without the crowds of Malaga.

Book early to get the best bargains, Monarch often do special sales days too, so get on their mailing list to receive advance warnings of good deals. You can get a frequent flier membership after 2 flights, which ofefrs the odd free flight and various other perks.

We used to fly from Gatwick which is a short journey by train from brighton.

• Maggies's Profile Photo

Flying to Malaga

by Maggies Updated Sep 19, 2002

I was flying to Malaga because it's always cheaper to fly to bigger airports. It's quite easy to get a bus to Granada then.

Instant Answers: Granada

Comments

Other Transportation in Granada