Jaén Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Jaén

• spanishguy's Profile Photo

Be prepared for some steep slopes

by spanishguy Updated Feb 27, 2006

Steep steet - Calle empinada

Fondest memory: Jaen is located in the skirts of a mountain, so you need to walk up and down hill frecuently. My piece of advice: wear comfortable shoes!

Jaén se encuentra en la falda de una montaña, por lo que es preciso ir cuesta arriba y cuesta abajo frecuentemente. Mi consejo: ¡usad zapatos cómodos!

• manuelEB's Profile Photo

Jaen is all a beautiful olive field

by manuelEB Written Mar 8, 2003

Favorite thing: The red land of Jaen, origin of the finest olives, offers a beautiful lanscape at sunset. My dumb camera could not record the marvelous colours that Jaen gave me as present when I drive south from Madrid in my quest for "La Alhambra". Some day I will be back and perhaps the skies of Andalucia will be leninent and would give me a second chance to see ans experience that peaceful view.

An extraordinary a beautiful poem by Migue Hernandez written in the middle of the Spanish Civil War opens my homage to Jaen. Wish I could translate it in all its strength and splendor.

• la_beba's Profile Photo

"Olivos" town

by la_beba Updated Dec 30, 2002

Favorite thing: In Jaén, olive oil might as well be liquid gold that's pressed out of the black crude during each year's olive harvest. Jaén Province is Spain's olive oil capital and the biggest olive oil producing region in the world.

Instant Answers: Jaén

Comments

Jaén Favorites

Reviews and photos of Jaén favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jaén sightseeing.