Know about this? Rate It!
Hire a car and go explore the province
Please see my Antequera page where I am adding most of the inland sights and things to do. Antequera is a large governing town situated at the heart of the Malaga province and is an ideal base for getting to see more of what the 'Malaguenos' have to offer.
don't miss LAGUNA DE PIEDRA,for its flamencos...
go to laguna de piedra...flamencos nursery between mid february and end of june...
with camargue in france,the most important europe colony....don't forget your binoculars!
TWO CHOICES,on the way to the laguna:
1.leave malaga through N331,direction "antequera",a very interesting ancient city which has a lot to offer ,then A92 direction "sevilla",take way out n°132 to fuente de piedra...
2.leave malaga through MA401,direction "cartama" and "alora",to go and see spectacular and impressive CHORRO gargantas (gorges)...avoid the dangerous path (each year,mortal accidents) until they rebuild it....
to reach chorro,go up to alora (nice castle) and once on the top,seeing traffic ligts,turn on the right...after 15km of a spectacular road....
- Road Trip
- Hiking and Walking
Driving north from Malaga through the mountains, you will arrive to ANTEQUERA
The town has some interesting monuments like the Arabian Castle and the Puerta del Arco de los Gigantes. Lots of interesting religious buildings are the Colegiata de Santa Maria la Mayor and the churches Iglesia del Carmen and Iglesia de Belén.
And do not forget a visit to El torcal and The Dolmens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A paerfect day out from the tourist coast!!!!!!!!
Torcal de Antequera
An interesting place to visit is Torcal de Antequera
Erosion has given bizarre forms to the rocks, and it seems you are entering a dream-world of saurians, giant turtles and similar beings
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Málaga Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Kampung Tanjung Lumpur Hotels
- Gozo Hotels
- Kathmandu Hotels
- Cameron Highlands
- Haifa Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path