Places to eat in Málaga

Most Viewed Restaurants in Málaga

• PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

Canela Fina: Marisquería - Yummy seafood!

by PrincessMonja Written Mar 23, 2014

Great bar, right opposite the Carmen Thyssen museum. Good surroundings, nice staff and great offers (bottle of white wine and a plate of prawns for €10!) And you get a little free 'tapita' when you your first drink.

Favorite Dish: Tasty tapas and great seafood. It's possible to order a half portion of clams or mussels etc. You can also get non fishy food (Chicken skewers, tortilla, roasted pepper salad...) Everything we had was fresh and very good.

• Museum Visits

• lina112's Profile Photo

My sweet paradise cupcakes: A sweet place

by lina112 Updated Mar 6, 2014

A paradise for gourmands and for snacking. They have cupcakes, cakes, brownies, cookies, tea, coffee, milkshakes and smoothies. The decor is very nice and the staff very friendly. You can make orders for Cupcakes, Cakes, Cookies and Other Products.

Un paraiso para los golosos y para tomar una buena merienda. Tienen cupcakes, tartas, brownies, galletas, infusiones, cafes, batidos y smoothies. La decoración es muy bonita y el personal muy amable. Puedes hacer encargos de Cupcakes, Tartas, Galletas y Otros productos.

• Photography

Venta el Tunel: Best food ever

by lina112 Written Mar 6, 2014

If you visit pantano del Agujero and Jardin Botanico la Concepcion you must stop here for lunch. They offer the best homemade food. This place is famous for its Arroz Caldoso and migas. Migas only are available mondasy to fridays. If you go at weekend you have to book in adavance. The service is very good and staff very nice.

Sitio muy conocido en Málaga y famoso por su arroz caldoso y migas. Situado justo pasado el pantano del agujero y un pequeño tunel del cual viene su nombre. Si vas en fin de semana es recomendable hacer reserva por telf. Las migas solo la sirven de lunes a viernes.

• Eco-Tourism
    • National/State Park

Casa Aranda: THE BEST CHURROS IN MALAGA

by lina112 Updated Mar 6, 2014

The best place in Málaga where you can have the tipical chocolate y churros.
    They cook the best churros y all Málaga.

Es el lugar mas conocido en toda Málaga para tomar un buen chocolate con churros tanto si quieres desayunar o merendar

Las Tortugas: Tiny street, tiny bar/cafe

by leics Written Mar 1, 2014

It was getting late, I'd walked a long way and I'd seen far too many places to eat which I considered too expensive. So I was pleased to find this small bar/cafe on a narrow street near Malaga's cathedral, and even more pleased to find that it a) had tables outside and b) had a heater.

So I sat and read my book, with a Victoria beer (local brew) and a plate of 'bits'... Serrano ham, patatas bravas, Manchego cheese and bread.

It was a simple and very pleasant meal, more than enough for me and very well-presented. The young saff were courteous and friendly, with good English.

The bar offers deals such as 6 tapas plus a bottle of wine for 16.50 euro and so on and so forth, as well as cocktails, quiz nights etc etc. It seemed popular with young people. Certainly the young man who stood outside drumming up custom seemed well-known to almost everyone who passed by.

A nice place for a sit down, a drink and something to nibble...and a good people-watching spot!

Salon Don Premio: Market cafe

by leics Written Mar 1, 2014

I took myself for an early-morning walk to see Malaga's daily market (the Atarazanas market) being set up and was very pleased indeed to find this place open so I could wake myself up with a cafe solo or two.

I was fascinated to see all the saucers and spoons set out on the counter for the later 'morning rush' of people on their way to work, market traders needing a pick-me-up and so on.

It's a very pleasant cafe indeed, with friendly staff, comfortable seating and a range of snacks on offer (and pastries in the morning, obviously). I was there by around 7.30am and I'd guess it opens around 7am in order to cater to the needs of the market people.

La Taperia: Tapas........

by leics Written Feb 26, 2014

I was hunting for something to eat on a Sunday afternoon and this place, near the Picasso museum a) seemed to have reasonable tapas prices and b) had tables outside (I always choose to sit outside if I can...for a Brit it is a real luxury!).

La Taperia is a delicatessen cum bar/cafe which offers a variety of paid-for tapas and raciones. Yes, its menu has an English translation but you'd be hard put to find an eating-place in central Malaga which does not: the city caters for its numerous visitors and ex-pats. And it's been established for more than 20 years so it must be a good place!

I chose the potatoes with garlic (basically, a potato salad) and chorizo. Both were absolutely delicious but the portions seemed very large for tapas...I think this was probably because the bar/cafe closed 30 minutes or so after I arrived. I'm not sure portions would normally so big.

The draught beer was good, the service very friendly and pleasant and the prices lower than one would expect from somewhere located so near to a major tourist draw.

Certainly somewhere to look out for if you need a sit-down and a snack whilst you are exploring central Malaga.

Het Beste Biertje: Little Belgian bar/cafe

by leics Updated Feb 26, 2014

This small but popular bar/cafe was just along the street from my hotel and was the first place i spotted when I arrived, a little too early to check-in but very, very thirsty.

I ordered an espresso and a (Spanish) draught beer and sat under the awning, enjoying the warmth of February Malaga and finally relaxing after a 3am start to my day and a delayed flight.

I later discovered that has a very good range of Belgian beers, some on draught although most are bottled. I treated myself to a Kwak later in my stay and was pleased to find that, as it should, the bar has the correct glass for each type of beer.

There are no free tapas but they offer a range of tapas-with-a-Belgian-twist at very reasonable prices. Prices are pretty much average for central Malaga.

Staff are friendly and speak good English. As Trinidad Grund is just one block from Avenida Principal, less than 2 minutes' walk from the Tourist Info Office and around 5 minutes to the cathedral, Alcazaba and shopping streets this little bar is a good place for a rest and a beer whilst exploring Malaga.

Chiringuito Marina Playa: Our 'Eastern' Chiringuito

by PrincessMonja Written Nov 9, 2013

When we cycle out of Málaga to the east we often visit this chiringuito on Playa de Torre de Benagalbón. In the summer we cycle out, lock up the bikes, rent a couple of sun beds and a sunshade and spend the day there enjoying a beach lunch too.

Favorite Dish: We usually eat almejas (clams) (but then we eat those almost everywhere we go!) The grilled prawns are very good and the fried fish looks good, but we don't have that as it's not gluten free unfortunately; everyone else seems to enjoy it though!

• Beaches

• PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

Mesón Los Robles de León: A taste of León...

by PrincessMonja Updated Nov 9, 2013

We decided to pop in here for a quick drink after the excitement of visiting the Rosaleda shopping centre (Decathlon and Carrefour!)

It was so nice I couldn't believe we'd found such an excellent place! There is a bar at the front where they serve tapas and raciones, but at the back there is a restaurant. It all looks lovely and was very clean with friendly staff.

Favorite Dish: We only tried some small dishes, but they were all very good. We ate the venison in oil, the morcilla (blood sausage) and some sautéed mushrooms; all were fantastic.

We will be back to eat in the main restaurant for sure!

• Bennytheball's Profile Photo

Restaurante Chino Palacio Mandarin: A traditional Chinese restaurant

by Bennytheball Updated Sep 10, 2013

When travelling abroad on holiday, I often find the local food an unsatisfactory combination of unusual, bland, tasteless and unappetising, so I always attempt to seek out the more familiar Chinese or Indian food ( to which I'm unashamedly addicted ) and where a quality dining experience can be expected in convivial oriental surroundings, at a reasonable price.

I've been eating in the Mandarin Palace for several years now, it's spacious and beautifully decorated in Chinese ornamental decor giving a relaxing and comfortable ambiance, it used to be quite busy late-night, but nowadays almost empty in early evening, a sad consequence of Spain's unrelenting financial crisis. Take-away phone orders, delivered to home addresses by scooter drivers seems to be popular for those unable to afford to eat out.

The restaurant is open at lunchtime, then closes for the siesta and re-opens at 7pm, the staff are friendly and efficient and speak adequate English if encouraged to make the effort....

My regular eaterie, the food is consistently good!

Favorite Dish: I always order the beef curry with egg fried rice and two bottles of ice-cold San Miguel beer, complimentary prawn crackers are served as starters, in common with most Chinese restaurants, but I usually avoid these, unless extremely hungry.

The all-inclusive bill for this is typically €14, a very good deal.....

• PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

Chiringuito Tropicna: Tropicana (drinks aren't free...)

by PrincessMonja Updated Sep 6, 2013

In summer, at the weekend, we like to go to this Chiringuito, rent a couple of sunbeds and a sunshade and spent the day the beach. Lunch is always BBQ fish, which they cook on a wood fire, yum!

The Chiringuito has now been rebuilt as a more permanent structure, it's a lot 'fancier' than before, but still a lovely place to spend a sunny day 😊.

Favorite Dish: Ok I have to admit that we tend to have the same food every time we go, so much so that it has become a bit of a joke with Gaston, one of the waiters; he comes to our table ( we don't get a menu anymore!) and he says " Almejas (clams), ensalada mixta (mixed salad), espeto (BBQ sardines) y (and!) una dorada con patatas fritos y ensalada de tomates (BBQ gilt head bream with chips and tomato salad)" we just say "si!" It's always delicious! One day we might try something different, that's if we ever manage to get a menu!

• Beaches

Puro Pescaito: Fishy,fishy!

by PrincessMonja Written Sep 6, 2013

Nice new restaurant / tapas bar with an emphasis on fish. Nice fresh decor and a good menu.

They also have a loyalty scheme - you have a card that gets stamped each visit, when it's full you get free stuff, yay!

Favorite Dish: Excellent prawns pil-pil!

• PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

Café Berlin: Coffee and cake (homemade!)

by PrincessMonja Updated Jun 21, 2013

Good coffee and lots of yummy looking cakes (none gluten free unfortunately, so I can't eat them 😔)
    The café is beautifully decorated and situated right next to the Museo Revello de Toro ( also worth a visit!)

• Museum Visits

• PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

Sacacorchos: Dining in comfort...

by PrincessMonja Updated Jun 21, 2013

This is a great restaurant, well there's a restaurant upstairs and a tapas bar, mainly seafood, downstairs. I particularly like this place as it has very comfortable chairs! (Something that isn't that common in Málaga!)

The restaurant has a nice atmosphere with modern yet 'cosy' decor, due to the dark, rich colours used. The menu is Spanish - ish but slightly more international and adventurous than other restaurants in the area.

The restaurant is open:
    For Lunch - Monday to Sunday 13:00 to 16:00 (When they offer a menu of the day for €10.90)
    For dinner - Monday to Saturday 20:00 to 24:00 (closed Sunday evenings)

Favorite Dish: We had a delicious salad and then the duck, beautifully cooked and all washed down with a rather nice bottle of red wine.

Málaga Hotels

AC Malaga Palacio Hotel
Hotel Picasso
Latest: Apr 19, 2014

Instant Answers: Málaga

Comments

Málaga Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Málaga locals.
Map of Málaga