Know about this? Rate It!
Day trip to Ronda.
If I have visitors to Marbella, one of the first places I take them is Ronda. The town straddles the 120 meter deep gaping gorge of the River Tajo. It's an impressive sight and really not to be missed if you are in the area. Ronda also has some very interesting architecture; palaces, convents and the bridges that themselves span the gorge.
You can drive to Ronda by turning off the N-340 motorway near San Pedro de Alcantara (signposted Ronda). Taking the road through the scenic Sierra de Ronda mountains, a trip worth doing in itself just for the scenic drive.
Buses are available regularly from Marbella bus station.
Trains are available from Algeciras, Granada and Malaga and stations on route. Timetables can be found at this site...
- Castles and Palaces
- Historical Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Marbella Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Mactaquac Provincial Park Hotels
- Chattanooga Hotels
- Murthal Hotels
- Tauranga Hotels
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path