Know about this? Rate It!
OUR ONE DAY ADVENTURE TO TANGIER
Hans and I thought it would be fun to take a side trip to Tangier, while we were in Spain. So we went to our favourite local travel agency in Torremolinos and booked a day tour. This year's price ranges from a low of 50 Euros to as much as 80 Euros, so shop around.
We were picked up by bus at our hotel at 5:30 a.m. After picking up many more people, we drove along the coast to Algeciras for our embarkment by ferry to Tangiers. We crossed the Strait of Gibraltar. The sea was pretty calm so we had a pleasant trip there. We were greeted by our guide for the day and boarded the bus for our tour of the city. The fun begins.
Following the introductory bus tour of the city, we disembarked and started the next phase of the tour -- the walking tour. Our first stop was in a square near the Kasbah for the "Snake Charmers". We continued our walk until we arrrived at the Hammadi Restaurant for lunch. After lunch was the Oriental Rug demonstration, followed by the Spices demonstration. We then boarded the bus again as we were in for a real treat -- the obligatory Camel Ride. Yahoo!
All in all it was a fun day. It's different. That's why people come to Tangier. This fascinating city will introduce you to the culture and mystery of Morocco. But go with an open mind. Experience the Culture! Experience the sights, sounds, tastes and yes even the smells of Tangier.
- Family Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Marbella Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Kamloops Hotels
- Negombo Hotels
- Tagaytay City
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Moraine State Park Hotels
- Bethune Beach Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path