Churreria Ramon, Marbella

Plaza De Los Naranjos, Casco Antiguo, Marbella. 95 277 85 46

Kat eating pineapple ice cream
    by Dabs
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

Plaza de los Naranjos: Churros y Chocolate

by Dabs Written May 16, 2006

Churros y chocolate

I'm not sure of just which cafe we stopped at in the Plaza de los Naranjos, indeed we didn't even realize that there were multiple cafes serving the large area in the square until the VT walking tour happened by and we realized that we were at red tableclothed tables and that everyone else was at green tableclothed tables, fraternization with patrons from the other establishments is strictly prohibited! LOL Well except for Hansi....

Favorite Dish: I had my first taste of what would be my breakfast for the rest of the trip, churros y chocolate, how come no one told me about this before? The churros here weren't as good as the ones in Granada but they were good enough that I wanted to eat them again and again and again...

Churros are a fried dough that you sprinkle with sugar and then dip into a thick hot chocolate-YUM!

Kat had pineapple flavored ice cream served in a carved out pineapple, it was light and not overly sweet.

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo

Churreria Ramon: Churros con chocolate.

by Beach_dog Updated Jul 9, 2003

Churreria Ramon

Anyone reading my Spain pages will know I really love Churros, drank with the lovely thick Spanish hot chocolate. I tried Churreria Ramon located at the heart of Marbella's Plaza de los Naranjos. I have to say that this is one of the first times I've been dissappointed with Churros. They were overfried, too crispy... I may even go as far to say burnt. The chocolate was good, they had somehow managed to avoid burning that. The other negative side, was that located in the heart of Marbella's Old Town and tourist district, they thought they could charge 3 times the normal price. I dont think I will return here.

Favorite Dish: Churros - A fried dough not totally dissimilar to a doughtnut.

Instant Answers: Marbella