Garibaldi - Ristorante Italiano, Marbella

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Italian cousine: Garibaldi Tratoria Not recomended

by Carmela71 Updated Feb 10, 2005

Sandra, Rachel and me

For great prices and excellent Italian food.... no doubt... this is your place!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the service is very good, you can feel there at home...

UPDATE they have change the ownership and the chef is not the same one, so food is not as good as it used to be. I am afraid there are better options for Italian food right now.

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo

Garibaldi - Ristorante Italiano: Italian Cuisine.

by Beach_dog Updated Sep 19, 2004

Garibaldi - Ristorante Italiano

This restaurant used to be one of my recommendations for Italian cuisine in Marbella. We went there many times as the food was really good and inexpensive.

Sept 2004 we went back but things had changed. They had changed owners and althought the menu was the same, the quality of the food was much poorer.

The waiter (who I suspect was the new owner), was a bit lost at times and could not seem to cope with more than a few tables at once. He also had a rather abrupt manner, much different from the friendly smiling service we had on previous visits.

Favorite Dish: In the past I was always impressed with the quality of the food here, Traditional Italian fare with excellent taste whatever I chose from the menu. On my latest visit I had roast chicken in red paprika sauce, on arrival I must say I was disappointed to say the least. A thin slice of chicken breast served on a bed of very plain rice and the sauce could only be described as tomato, not a hint of red pepper flavour. Very bland and very ordinary, actually thats not fair to bland or ordinary food.

Carmen´s cousin had a pizza, the poor thing looked as though it had suffered an accident just before cooking, a large triangular wedge was missing from its edge, it actually arrived heart shaped. Fernando was not too pleased with the quality either, stating it was rather bland and tasteless.

Carmen had Calzione and that was the best dish of the three, but she says it was not the usual quality.

What topped it all was the desert, being a big fan of chocolate, I choose the chocolate mouse. On arrival it looked pretty enough, served with a dollop of fresh cream and chocolate syrup on top. I made a big mistake.... I tasted it.... well this was NOT chocolate mouse, certainly it did not taste like any chocolate mouse I had ever had. It had a very bitter flavour, no sweetness at all, also it had many hard solid lumps in it. After two spoonfulls I had had enough, I only took the second spoonful in case my taste buds had been in error for the first. Carmens cousin had the same as me, and he sensibly would not take a second spoon. The waiter eventually arrived and took away the dishes, not bothering to ask why we had not eaten the concoction, a knowing look on his face as if silently saying.. ´´ this is not the first time someone has found it inedible´´.

Quite certain I wont be visiting again.

Instant Answers: Marbella