Places to eat in Marbella

Most Viewed Restaurants in Marbella

• solopes's Profile Photo

Pepe: On the beach

by solopes Written Dec 13, 2013

Right on the beach, with a large esplanade working only at dinner, tis restaurante was always full, what uses to be a good sign.
    We had a good dinner there, but the price was a little higher than in the neighbours with equivalent service.

• Beaches

• lina112's Profile Photo

Cafe Bar Central: Coffee time

by lina112 Written Mar 1, 2012

Nice place where we have a break and have coffee after visiting Marbella´s old town, we seat outside where we enjoy our coffee, sun and the beautiful square. It has complete menu where you can choose between wines, dishes and soft drinks.

El sitio elegido para descansar y tomar cafe, nos sentamos en la terraza que tienen en la plaza y disfrutamos de un cafelito bajo el sol. Tienen menu a elegir entre platos combinados, vinos y refrescos.

• Architecture

Posh: El Portalón

by Carmela71 Updated Apr 4, 2011

This exclusive restaurant is famous for its haute cuisine, excellent service and its extensive bodega, one of the best in Spain.

Favorite Dish: his standar is :

wines are not expensive or cheap, it depends on the pleasure that gives you!

hehehe so iamgine prices lol

Indian food: Mumtaz, Puerto Banus, Indian food

by Carmela71 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Well I love Indian food, and this one is the closest.... in Spain to good one (not as good as the one I tried before in my Indian’s friends house of course lol)

Siting there in the terrace close to the massive yatchs .... too posh for me lol but well sometimes is nice lol

The best is that I did not have to pay the bill, hahahaha

International cuisine: La Cuisine

by Carmela71 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Nice atmosphere for a relax dinner, but not my favorite

Favorite Dish: This friendly, family-run establishment specialises in Swedish/International cuisine. It is nice, but not one of my favorites...

It is not one of my favorites, but the first day I ate here, was very special in my life, 18 august 2002.

La Venencia: La Venencia

by Carmela71 Updated Nov 19, 2010

There is a chain of restaurants called LA VENENCIA specialised in tapas, where you can have a great dinner for a low budget.

There is one at Plaza de los Olivos a proper restaurant (but quality of service and food is not good on high season or on rush hour)

Another one for tapas at the promenade at Calle Miguel Cano 15, ask there for a wine called TORITO, absolutely great one (suggestions here is the absorted Spanish sausages dish, patatas bravas and montaditos); Straight down from Cafeteria Marbella, right at bottom of street on the left (the one of the torito)

Favorite Dish: 2006 UPDATES I was shoch in our last visit during the Euromeet, first of all two waiters came and took Hansi Canada caps for them (we did nto offer, they just came and grab them!, when I asked them to retunr them, they said, Ok later, (thinking we may forget about it) They were so busy with their jokes that while ordering they left us a couple of time with the word in their mouth while they leave to talk with his friends, at the end the order was wrong and when I asked back for the caps and also that the order was wrong, he began to shout to me saying that the one wrong was me, that what they brough was the correct one. I was shock as I always had a great experience there, but it is true that It had been a long time since we do not visit them, maybe they are not good anymore

• 1 more image

Nikki Beach Marbella: Great Lunch and Dinner outdoors!

by CarmenK Written Sep 10, 2010

As we had such a great time there I already suggested this place as a night life spot as a beautiful and serene dinner place, but during our holiday and stay in Hotel Don Carlos we also returned many many times for lunch and took part of their world famous beach parties. If you are looking for a place with an ambiance and something more than just a simple lunch then this is the place to go.
    As I am a big fan of seafood we ordered loads of sushi and also tried their delicious crab legs. We stayed for hours enjoying the live entertainment and cocktails! The lunch menu is quite big and offers a variety of options for everybody I guess.

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed the fresh sushi, I really liked the presentation as they came out on little wooden crocodiles:)

• Business Travel
    • Singles

• annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

Corte Ingles: Gluten-free shopping and restaurants

by annemariebyrne Written Jul 31, 2010

The Corte Ingles supermarket in Puerto Banus has a range of gluten-free products, you should also find some in Mercadona and OpenCor supermarkets. There is a Spanish gluten free association website with info at www.infoceliaquia.org if you click on the Andalucia region of the map you will find a list of restaurants in the area - I could only find one in Marbella, Restaurante Arete, c/Mediterraneo 1, website: www.restaurantearete.com It has a Spanish and English version, just click on the flag at the top right-hand corner to switch language. Generally restaurant staff in tourist areas of Spain are very accommodating to dietary needs - just explain to the waiter that you need gluten-free (sin gluten)and they will tell you what's available. AM

• Blue Palm: Fantastic Atmosphere, Even Better Food!

by serialtraveller Written Jul 15, 2010

The food here is absolutely brilliant. They do a roast dinner on Sundays and I usually don't like the beef in Spain, as I find it really tough but the meat they use is beautiful. They cook it to your liking and then pile your plate with beautiful spuds, veg and gravy.

They also do the best burger I have had in Spain- the Blue Palm Burger. Pure bliss!

There are loads of other dishes like Ploughmans, omelettes, scampi, soup etc. Everything I have tried has been such a brilliant standard and the hosts go out of their way to make it perfect for you. If there is anything you want to change about the dish they are more than happy to do that for you.

I love breakfast there. They have a huge selection, like fruit salad and yoghurt, cooked breakfasts, croissants etc and breakfast comes with a coffee or tea. My favourite way to start the day, eating at the Blue Palm in front of the waves!

The hosts are so friendly, as are their staff, and they have created real friendships with their regular customers, which really shows when you walk into the place. Everyone is chatting and having a good time, absolutely brilliant.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish from this restaurant would have to be Tommy's roasts. The meat is sublime and cooked the way you would like, the spuds are fluffy and golden, the veg is cooked perfectly with just a tiny bit of crunch, the stuffing is the best I have ever tasted (sorry Mum!) and the gravy is gorgeous! Could not find a single fault when we had ours. I would definitely recommend the beef. But don't eat the day before, you will need an empty stomach to demolish the huge portion!!! And all for under 10 euro.

Zafferano: Michelin Quality Italian

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jun 30, 2009

I stumbled upon Zafferano entirely by accident, and I will count it as one of those serendipitous happenings that enabled me to find one of my favourite Italian restaurants in the world!! It's tucked away on the corner of one of those quaint cobbled streets where you reach out your arms and touch the walls at either side.

Inside, the premises opens out into a glamorous Italianite bar and reception area complete with Roman columns.

The restaurant area is upstairs and is styled in delicate pastel shades - completely comforting and relaxed, cool on a hot summers night.

The waiters were charming and efficient, presenting menus and leaving us with cool drinks.

Favorite Dish: I opted for the tasting menu. I find this is usually a great idea when visiting a superb restaurant for the first time. It's also ideal if you want to order every single thing on the a la carte and can't bear to choose just two plates.

La Meridiana: 25 Years of Fabulousness

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jun 28, 2009

I asked our concierge to recommend someplace really special, and this wonderful magical restaurant was my top choice from their suggestions.

From the front approach it looks like an ordinary private house, but as you enter you are greeted by a wonderful spiral staircase and then a series of luxurious dining rooms. There's a definite fairytale theme with the emphasis on the sun moon and stars. Perhaps wizardry is more appropriate a name. There are floating drapes and ornate lanterns. A wraparound conservatory affect allows all around views into the lovely gardens.

We started in those gardens with a little aperatif. Candles were lit on our table and, as dusk fell, fairy lights began to twinkle as more elaborate lanterns were lit to add to that magical affect. A glass covered swimming pool is surrounded by plants and thick green foliage. All you can hear is the sound of the birds and a gentle breeze rustling through the trees.

We had arrived unfashionably early, so we were the only ones there for about an hour. Complete and utter relaxation and luxury.

Favorite Dish: The menu was divine and the choice impossible.

• Business Travel

Aralia - Buffet Mania: Lacklustre Buffet

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jun 13, 2009

I simply could not resist the promise of an excellent buffet dinner for just ten euro. The promise was too much. What a pity that the reality doesn't live up to it.

The Gran Hotel Guadalpin's Aralia restaurant, which hosts the Buffet Mania, is a beautiful restaurant with attentive and pleasant staff. Unfortunately I think that it is not suited to buffet and if it were to be successful in the buffet arena then it needs to provide a lot more food, and a greater variety.

At present the buffet consists of a selection of salads, cold meats, and various fish carpaccio as a salad/starter course. Generally there are three bowls of pre-prepared salads in addition to the standard salad fare (e.g. olives, shredded carrot, pickles, boiled eggs etc).

There is one soup each evening and only once in two weeks did I find it wonderful (that was one night when they served a really good seafood chowder).

Following this is a selection of hot meals as follows - one pasta with sauce, one paella, one fish dish, one meat dish, vegetable selections. One could also order "from the grill" - the usual choice was veal steak, chicken, or fish.

There simply wasn't sufficient choice. I had booked the buffet for two weeks but ate there only 6 nights and even at that found it way too boring.

The desserts were ok, nothing to write home about - a selection of pretty cakes that did not vary in any real respect.

At €10 per guest when booked with your holiday it represents great value for money if you can handle the monotony. However, it jumps to €25 a guest outside of the special package deal.

• Spa and Resort

Hestia: Terrific Tapas

by SabrinaSummerville Written Jun 12, 2009

Hestia is a delightful little tapas bar right on the seafront in central Marbella. It looks a bit like a very comfortable outdoor conservatory, furnished as it is with luxurious white painted furniture.

Inside it's equally as pretty, whitewashed and with electric blue cushions.

Outside, blackboards advertise the specials of the day, the time of the next soccer match, and the cocktail offers.

We were out for a walk around 6pm and the heat was still searing, so we stopped for a cool drink. The tapas appearing at adjoining tables was too tempting to resist, so we ordered two little platters. First came a dish of four big juicy grilled prawns with a lime dressing and wedges of lime. Then came two giant mushroom caps stuffed with ham and chorizo and veg. Both left a longing for more. The tapas list was vast and I was only sorry I was heading out to dinner later.

The price for the two tapas, one large bottle of sparkling water, and one beer, was just €7.00. I was pleasantly amazed.

Service was very pleasant and prompt.

Highly recommended.

Marbella Club Grill: Superb Food in First Class Surroundings

by SabrinaSummerville Written Jun 10, 2009

I've been trying to get to stay in the Marbella Club for years, but for one reason or other I've always been thwarted at the last minute.

This time I decided to settle for dinner in the grill and it was a worthy alternative.

Marbella Club is a magical place in general, and the grill restaurant is even more fairytale in nature than the hotel itself. Tables are pristinely set and situated under the trees by trickling streams in the gardens. Medieval looking candles flicker and wane in elaborate multi branched candelabras under the trees. waiters are altogether pleasant and susprisingly unofficious. I encountered snobbery among waiters in far lesser establishments in Marbella!

Dry Martinis were served with a smile and the sommelier appeared at my side to assist with the wine. he didn't mind that I wanted a white with my rare steak and recommended a fine Torres private collection at €84 a bottle. Yes, it was very pricy, but fabulous. I had a similar Spanish wine about 15 or more years ago and had been searching for it ever since.

My bill totalled a tiny bit short of €300 for two people, but remember where you are and that €84 bottle of wine and you'll know it was worth every penny.

It's generally a great place for star spotting, though we saw none that we recognised.Mar

Favorite Dish: I started with the foie gras - pan fried, perfectly caremalised on the outside and melt in the mouth inside. It was served on a bed of pureed lentils but I would have preferred it without, as I don't really like lentils. However, overall I loved the dish.

This was followed by a rare steak, which wasn't as rare as I would have liked though I think the chef knew what he was doing as I just loved it.

The dessert, a grand marnier souffle, was the piece de resistance and served with the grand marnier sauce on the side. It was so heady with liquor that I might have been drunk on the dessert alone:-)

• Wine Tasting

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Polo House: Truly Exceptional!

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jun 7, 2009

It's almost impossible to believe that this truly divine combination of restaurant/bar/club has been open for just six weeks now (as at 1st June, 2009). Everything about this place is so sublime that one would think it was the most established, most in demand restaurant in Marbella.

I came across it quite by accident when taking my usual after dinner evening stroll. It's about 200 metres from the hotel we stayed in, the Guadalpin Marbella, and I had seen it when driving past or walking on other occasions. It always appeared to be bubbling over with an effervescent clientele who emerged from Bentleys and Porches, so being a Glamour-seeker I just had to explore and see what it was all about.

I took a chance on turning up without a reservation. I was lucky - it was a Monday, they weren't booked out, and the liveried doorman took a shine to us.

We were quickly seated at a lovely table just back from the window. There were outside tables but I preferred to be in away from the street noise.

The decor and atmosphere are definitely exhuding a theme of ultimate luxury with lots or royal blue, gold, strong dark woods, and polo pictures everywhere. The ceiling is set with stars and the music is live but unintrusive.

Groups sat in comfortable sink-inito lounge chairs and sipped gin, laughing and talking and clearly having fun. Others were seated, like us, for dinner. There was an array of ages but all were well dressed and elegant.

Favorite Dish: If I was transported by the atmosphere and the decor, then I believed I must truly be in heaven when I read the menu. Having then ordered, and eaten the food, I wished I had discovered this place on the first day of my holiday, not the penultimate.

A tiny cornet of creamed cheese and garnish preceded my starter of Cornish crab ravioli - a wonderful warm and generous plate of delectable home made crab ravioli in a bisque like sauce that was perfect from start to finish and burst with seafood flavour.

My main course was even nicer, if that can be believed. From a great choice, I opted for the John Dory which was presented with an open morel mushroom ravioli and scallops - such a combination of flavours, each complimenting the other. It was served with a tiny casserole of spinach, one of my favourite vegetables.

We were quite full at this stage, but could not pass on dessert for fear of missing out. We shared the souffle of banana and cognac served with home made vanilla pod ice cream.

Just let me get back there really soon. If they maintain these standards then they will soon start clocking up awards and michelin stars - then you may forget about a reservation, even on a quiet Monday night:-)

One more thing - they serve the best pan fried foie gras in all of Marbella (that is, from what I have tasted!!).

• Wine Tasting

Hotel Apartamentos Pyr Marbella
Latest: Apr 9, 2014
Alanda Club Marbella

Instant Answers: Marbella

Comments

Marbella Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Marbella locals.
Map of Marbella