Places to eat in Marbella

Hestia - Marbella

Most Viewed Restaurants in Marbella

Aralia - Buffet Mania: Lacklustre Buffet

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jun 13, 2009

I simply could not resist the promise of an excellent buffet dinner for just ten euro. The promise was too much. What a pity that the reality doesn't live up to it.

The Gran Hotel Guadalpin's Aralia restaurant, which hosts the Buffet Mania, is a beautiful restaurant with attentive and pleasant staff. Unfortunately I think that it is not suited to buffet and if it were to be successful in the buffet arena then it needs to provide a lot more food, and a greater variety.

At present the buffet consists of a selection of salads, cold meats, and various fish carpaccio as a salad/starter course. Generally there are three bowls of pre-prepared salads in addition to the standard salad fare (e.g. olives, shredded carrot, pickles, boiled eggs etc).

There is one soup each evening and only once in two weeks did I find it wonderful (that was one night when they served a really good seafood chowder).

Following this is a selection of hot meals as follows - one pasta with sauce, one paella, one fish dish, one meat dish, vegetable selections. One could also order "from the grill" - the usual choice was veal steak, chicken, or fish.

There simply wasn't sufficient choice. I had booked the buffet for two weeks but ate there only 6 nights and even at that found it way too boring.

The desserts were ok, nothing to write home about - a selection of pretty cakes that did not vary in any real respect.

At €10 per guest when booked with your holiday it represents great value for money if you can handle the monotony. However, it jumps to €25 a guest outside of the special package deal.

Part of buffet Inside restaurant Hotel exterior view
    • Spa and Resort

Hestia: Terrific Tapas

by SabrinaSummerville Written Jun 12, 2009

Hestia is a delightful little tapas bar right on the seafront in central Marbella. It looks a bit like a very comfortable outdoor conservatory, furnished as it is with luxurious white painted furniture.

Inside it's equally as pretty, whitewashed and with electric blue cushions.

Outside, blackboards advertise the specials of the day, the time of the next soccer match, and the cocktail offers.

We were out for a walk around 6pm and the heat was still searing, so we stopped for a cool drink. The tapas appearing at adjoining tables was too tempting to resist, so we ordered two little platters. First came a dish of four big juicy grilled prawns with a lime dressing and wedges of lime. Then came two giant mushroom caps stuffed with ham and chorizo and veg. Both left a longing for more. The tapas list was vast and I was only sorry I was heading out to dinner later.

The price for the two tapas, one large bottle of sparkling water, and one beer, was just €7.00. I was pleasantly amazed.

Service was very pleasant and prompt.

Highly recommended.

Marbella Club Grill: Superb Food in First Class Surroundings

by SabrinaSummerville Written Jun 10, 2009

I've been trying to get to stay in the Marbella Club for years, but for one reason or other I've always been thwarted at the last minute.

This time I decided to settle for dinner in the grill and it was a worthy alternative.

Marbella Club is a magical place in general, and the grill restaurant is even more fairytale in nature than the hotel itself. Tables are pristinely set and situated under the trees by trickling streams in the gardens. Medieval looking candles flicker and wane in elaborate multi branched candelabras under the trees. waiters are altogether pleasant and susprisingly unofficious. I encountered snobbery among waiters in far lesser establishments in Marbella!

Dry Martinis were served with a smile and the sommelier appeared at my side to assist with the wine. he didn't mind that I wanted a white with my rare steak and recommended a fine Torres private collection at €84 a bottle. Yes, it was very pricy, but fabulous. I had a similar Spanish wine about 15 or more years ago and had been searching for it ever since.

My bill totalled a tiny bit short of €300 for two people, but remember where you are and that €84 bottle of wine and you'll know it was worth every penny.

It's generally a great place for star spotting, though we saw none that we recognised.Mar

Favorite Dish: I started with the foie gras - pan fried, perfectly caremalised on the outside and melt in the mouth inside. It was served on a bed of pureed lentils but I would have preferred it without, as I don't really like lentils. However, overall I loved the dish.

This was followed by a rare steak, which wasn't as rare as I would have liked though I think the chef knew what he was doing as I just loved it.

The dessert, a grand marnier souffle, was the piece de resistance and served with the grand marnier sauce on the side. It was so heady with liquor that I might have been drunk on the dessert alone:-)

• Wine Tasting

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Polo House: Truly Exceptional!

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jun 7, 2009

It's almost impossible to believe that this truly divine combination of restaurant/bar/club has been open for just six weeks now (as at 1st June, 2009). Everything about this place is so sublime that one would think it was the most established, most in demand restaurant in Marbella.

I came across it quite by accident when taking my usual after dinner evening stroll. It's about 200 metres from the hotel we stayed in, the Guadalpin Marbella, and I had seen it when driving past or walking on other occasions. It always appeared to be bubbling over with an effervescent clientele who emerged from Bentleys and Porches, so being a Glamour-seeker I just had to explore and see what it was all about.

I took a chance on turning up without a reservation. I was lucky - it was a Monday, they weren't booked out, and the liveried doorman took a shine to us.

We were quickly seated at a lovely table just back from the window. There were outside tables but I preferred to be in away from the street noise.

The decor and atmosphere are definitely exhuding a theme of ultimate luxury with lots or royal blue, gold, strong dark woods, and polo pictures everywhere. The ceiling is set with stars and the music is live but unintrusive.

Groups sat in comfortable sink-inito lounge chairs and sipped gin, laughing and talking and clearly having fun. Others were seated, like us, for dinner. There was an array of ages but all were well dressed and elegant.

Favorite Dish: If I was transported by the atmosphere and the decor, then I believed I must truly be in heaven when I read the menu. Having then ordered, and eaten the food, I wished I had discovered this place on the first day of my holiday, not the penultimate.

A tiny cornet of creamed cheese and garnish preceded my starter of Cornish crab ravioli - a wonderful warm and generous plate of delectable home made crab ravioli in a bisque like sauce that was perfect from start to finish and burst with seafood flavour.

My main course was even nicer, if that can be believed. From a great choice, I opted for the John Dory which was presented with an open morel mushroom ravioli and scallops - such a combination of flavours, each complimenting the other. It was served with a tiny casserole of spinach, one of my favourite vegetables.

We were quite full at this stage, but could not pass on dessert for fear of missing out. We shared the souffle of banana and cognac served with home made vanilla pod ice cream.

Just let me get back there really soon. If they maintain these standards then they will soon start clocking up awards and michelin stars - then you may forget about a reservation, even on a quiet Monday night:-)

One more thing - they serve the best pan fried foie gras in all of Marbella (that is, from what I have tasted!!).

Exterior view Live music Banana and cognac souffle Live music Banana and cognac souffle Elegant Interior
    • Wine Tasting

• hanoun's Profile Photo

Tai Pan: best chinesse cusinie

by hanoun Written Jul 30, 2006

I was lucky to visit Tai Pan in marbella (puerto banus area). never tasted anything like their food. food and service was outstanding. the restaurant is situated underneath the Puente Romano hotel overlooking the tranquill swimming pool that was surounded by palm trees. simply beautiful. early booking is recommended.

Favorite Dish: special fried rice wrapped in lotus leaves and the roast duck.

• tere1's Profile Photo

3 Olivos: For a great dinner!

by tere1 Updated Jul 27, 2006

This restaurant also serves superb food, not only spanish dishes but also international ones. The food is homemade style, very well done and presented.

It has a nice romantic ambiance, with a patio with tables outside , surrounded by bouganvilias. It's advised to book in advance as it usually gets full.

Favorite Dish: The duck and the roasted pig.

The 3 Olivos entrance the patio of 3 Olivos

• tere1's Profile Photo

Chiringuito Fantastico: Delicious food and tapas!

by tere1 Written Jul 27, 2006

The " Chiringuitos" are small restaurnats on the beach, serving tapas and food. This Chiringuito is an incredible place, family owned , with an open air setting under a tached roof.

They serve calamari, shrimp al ajillo, and other fish an seafood, very well prepared and always very fresh. Their sangria is excellent and the homemade french fries are the best I ever had!

Favorite Dish: Love everything here!

Me having lunch at the Chringuito

• tere1's Profile Photo

Restaurante Antonio: Great seafood!

by tere1 Written Jul 27, 2006

The Antonio Restaurant is situated in Puerto Banus, the marina. It serves excellent fish and seafood dishes and it's one of the favourites of the people who regularly go to Marbella, or live there.

It has a very nice atmosphere at night, with candle light and the seafood paella is the best I ever had. Everything is very fresh, with a good variety of excellent wines and has also a great service.

Favorite Dish: The seafood paella and the seafood fried mix.

the delicious paella

• tere1's Profile Photo

Beach Club at Puente Romano: Best buffet lunch!

by tere1 Written Jul 27, 2006

This restaurant at the Puente Romano Hotel, besides its fabulous location, in an open air setting, surrounded by tropical plants and palm trees and facing the beach, has delicious food. They serve a large buffet at lunch time. There is a table of salads and cold appetizers, lobster, shrimps, calamari and there is also a barbecue, where you choose the fresh different fish , squid and meats ( filet mignon, veal, lamb chops, etc) which the two chefs grill for you at the moment.
    The table of desserts and different kinds of cheese is also a real temptation and a feast to the eyes! It's a bit expensive but well worth the money !

Having lunch at the Beach Club
    • Spa and Resort

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Da Fabio: Italian food on the boardwalk

by Dabs Updated May 24, 2006

I ended up eating here twice, Wednesday dinner with Hansi (waalewiener), Lori (loripori) and Kat (keida84) and Thursday lunch with Chris (balfor) and his friend Michelle, joined later by Kay (haldane) and her lovely daughter Keziah.

A few things annoyed me about this place, the 1.5E service charge per person (just another way to rip tourists off!), the price of the drinks and the manager, who looked at awful lot like Andy Garcia, was pretty rude on both visits as were the servers.

Favorite Dish: The food was better than the service (and the company was, of course, superb!) but I imagine there are better places to get Italian food if you get off the touristy boardwalk. Wednesday night I wasn't very hungry so I ordered a fried calamari appetizer which was pretty good but overpriced. Thursday I ordered a seafood pizza which was good and more than I could finish.

Seafood pizza

RESTAURANTE CHINO HONG KONG: CHINESE

by LoriPori Updated May 21, 2006

Hans and I ate twice at the RESTAURANTE CHINO HONG KONG. Once by ourself and once when about 20 VT'ers descended upon them all at once. I was quite impressed how they handled us all. We usually order the Menu Del Dia which was a fantastic price of 5,50 Euro.
    Choice of soup or Spring Roll. Fried Rice with three delights ( ham, peas and bits of egg ). Choice of Chicken with Almonds ( my favourite ), Sweet and sour Pork and a Beef Dish.
    This family-owned restaurant was cheerful and bright and had amazing views over the beach and Meditterannean.

Restaurante Chino Hong Kong Chicken with Almonds mmmmm

DA FABIO RISTORANTE ITALIANO: ITALIANO

by LoriPori Written May 21, 2006

When Kat, Kristi, Hans and I were looking for someplace to eat, we decided on DA FABIO RISTORANTE ITALIANO as it was nearby the Princesa Playa and we were all in the mood for Italian. Hans had Lasagne Emilian which was 11.40 Euro. He said it was absolutely delicious. I had Spaghetti Bolognese which was 9.80 Euro and was fabulous. A generous bowl of parmesan was provided. One thing I didn't appreciate was the 1.50 Euro cover charge for each of us. Perhaps it was for the dried up bread sticks which we didn't even eat.. Other than that it was a delightful experience.

Da Fabio

DA BRUNO SUL MARE RISTORANTE: AWESOME ATMOSPHERE

by LoriPori Updated May 21, 2006

Carmen and Stace wanted to take me out for dinner for my birthday. As I was in the mood for Italian, we chose DA BRUNO SUL MARE RISTORANTE in Marbella. It was an awesome atmosphere, as we had a tenor singing while we ate. He did a wonderful rendition of "My Way". The staff were very efficient and professional.

Favorite Dish: I had a wonderful Ravioli stuffed with spinach in a delicious meat sauce. Hans had Lasagna which he said was very good. We all had appelstrudel for dessert. All in all it was a wonderful meal and I enjoyed it immensely. Thank you so much Carmen and Stace. Love you guys.

Celebrating Lori's birthday at Da Bruno Entrance to Da Bruno Entrance to Da Bruno

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Italian Restaurants

by Carmela71 Updated May 20, 2006

Marbella has a great selection of Italian restaurants, some more expensive than others, some of them open for nearly 20 years.

Some suggestions are:
    Marbella

Economical and good quality at PIZZERIA LA FONTANILLA in Pablo Casals 10 street. For around 12 euros dish, desert and wine, who wnats to pay more? It has been open nearly 20 years now…

PASTA FACTORY has been also open for 20 years now also in Avda. Fontanilla, 3, 29600 Marbella Tel.: + 34 952 776 776 Food can be more expensive, dessert, wine and dish for around 25-30 euros, but the pasta is excellent. In summer they have a nice patio.

RESTAURANTE DA PINO in Gregorio Marañon, 8 ( 952 82 42 17) We had the euromeet Saturday dinner there, service was good (even if they were more interested in the girls than in service LOL) food was very nice, the tiramisu was one fo the bests I have had!! also it is settle in the promenade with great views to the beach

DA BRUNO PIZZERIA has open a new one on the beach, and I am waiting to try it, there is one in Ricardo Soriano, and this one will be in the promenade, edif Skol. expensive but very nice, well not expensive for foreigners lol.... (service is very slow and also they are all the time looking at your table, I prefer if they leave me a little alone, I felt they were all the time in our conversation!)

CASA NOSTRA in Camilo Jose Cela, 12 29600 Marbella Tel.: +34 - 952 86 11 08 Not one of my favourites, as the food is really nice, but I hate waiting queuing to eat…

In Puerto Banus enjoy the pizzeria PICASSO, great pizzas, and affordable prices, or PASTA FACTORY with lovely fresh pasta.

• keida84's Profile Photo

Gino Ginelli: Excellent Cafe con Leche

by keida84 Written May 15, 2006

A small seaside restaurant that offers excellent coffee and pastry. An easy relaxed and unhurried pace surrounds the tables and chairs near the boardwalk. Dappled sunshine plays across the square making it an enticing place to pass a bit of time.

Favorite Dish: The Cafe con Leche (coffee with milk) was out of this world and I highly recommend it to any and all coffee drinkers. The "Napolitana" a pastry with chocolate was definitely stale and inedible. However, this did not turn me away from getting another cup of cafe con leche. Who needed the calories anyway?

• Women's Travel

Latest: Jul 20, 2014
Camping Cabopino
Latest: Jun 1, 2014

Instant Answers: Marbella

Comments

Marbella Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Marbella locals.
Map of Marbella